Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Longtube Install Shops? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Longtube Install Shops?
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
GTFOH with that bullshit you vagina im just not lazy to work on my car and choke it up to pass emissions every 2 years for a day to get it smogged.......

Apperantly you don't know the diffrence between being smart VS working hard.
[Big Grin]

Enjoy your bi- annual header swaps! I know I wouldn't [Razz]

Being smart? You ride your bicycle to work in spandex with your cameltail showing bro. Nothing smart about that. If you don't want to beast out your ride trade it in for a civic. Going short tubes cause your afraid of smog, gtfo here. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had my longtubes installed for well over a year N have not had one ground clearance issue or leaks! Sounds badass to! Longtubes, offroad x+magnaflows FTMFW!!!!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
quote:
GTFOH with that bullshit you vagina im just not lazy to work on my car and choke it up to pass emissions every 2 years for a day to get it smogged.......

Apperantly you don't know the diffrence between being smart VS working hard.
[Big Grin]

Enjoy your bi- annual header swaps! I know I wouldn't [Razz]

Being smart? You ride your bicycle to work in spandex with your cameltail showing bro. Nothing smart about that. If you don't want to beast out your ride trade it in for a civic. Going short tubes cause your afraid of smog, gtfo here. [Embarrassed]
[patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ha. Cobraracer is a vagina

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Apperantly you don't know the diffrence between being smart VS getting fucked hard.
[Big Grin]

I Enjoy my anal beads,and I know I wouldn't change them for the world [Razz]

Fuck you cobraracer46

[ 2013-07-15, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: SLOWFOX ]

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol he's gonna run jba shittys on his cobra and see no horsepower increase, if you want to get technical no aftermarket header is smog legal...

All my cars being ls1s or mustangs get long tubes and no cats

Just listen to this mach1 with longtubes...

http://youtu.be/ZwSbgP_WxAU

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone install longtubes on a 2013 5.0?

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sickGT:
Can anyone install longtubes on a 2013 5.0?

AED [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Broke4.6:
Lol he's gonna run jba shittys on his cobra and see no horsepower increase, if you want to get technical no aftermarket header is smog legal...

All my cars being ls1s or mustangs get long tubes and no cats

Just listen to this mach1 with longtubes...

The JBA cobra shorty headers are smog legal as perCARB EO# D-216-28

Kooks Long tube headers vs JBA shorty headers on a 1999 Cobra [Eek!]
Kooks vs JBA Dyno Results - Surprising....
Jason Steen of Steen racing installed a set of Kooks (from JDM) headers on my 99 Cobra a little while back, and I got to the dyno today. The results were less than I expected, though should give a boost to those that wish to run shorty headers - especially the JBA's.

Relevant data:

Only change between this and previous dyno was the Kooks and matching off-road X-pipe (from JDM) vs JBA Shorty and Dr Gas off-road X.

Results: 308.7 RWHP, 291.5 RWTQ
Previous: 305.5 RWHP, 287.1 RWTQ

Same Dyno, same number of total pulls (3), approx same amount of time between runs.

CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VERSION

Of note, I gained 12 RWHP going from the stock exhaust manifolds to the JBA's. I was hoping the long tubes would be worth more, but alas, it wasn't to be.

However, the car is MUCH nicer inside going down the road. It is quieter and doesn't have that "resonance" nor any drone. Very nice from that perspective.

Jason said there were few fitment problems, though the X-pipe had to be coaxed onto the collectors. Also, not all the tabs that hold the collectors to the individual pipes lined up, but only one is really needed, and there are no leaks.

The headers do hang a bit low, but we also installed a UPR Tubular K-member, and I plan to raise the motor a bit, so that will have some effect (more on the Tubular K-member install at a later date - we're still sorting out the springs for the coil-overs).

Overall, I'm disappointed with the power over the JBA's, but it would not be a stretch to see an honest 15-ish RWHP over the stock exhaust "logs".

OOPS!

[ 2013-07-17, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Cali's smog laws can kiss my ass ill do the extra labor to make my car stock for a day or 2 then go right back to loud and modded!!

I swear to god some people turn out some stupid kids.
I just finished installing the JBA shorty headers on my Cobra and it wasn't too bad of a job, but it was a time consuming job and after I was all done swapping the headers, I was thinking that only a stupid mother fucker or somebody with a ton of free time on their hands would look forward to doing a modular mustang header swap every two years.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Cali's smog laws can kiss my ass ill do the extra labor to make my car stock for a day or 2 then go right back to loud and modded!!

I just finished installing the JBA shorty headers on my Cobra and it wasn't too bad of a job, but it was a time consuming job and after I was all done swapping the headers, I was thinking that only a stupid mother fucker or somebody with a ton of free time on their hands would look forward to doing a modular mustang header swap every two years.

Fuck you cobraracer46

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

You should watch what comes out of that cocksucker of yours Janet, calling people names on here is not nice.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
quote:
quote:

Fuck you cobraracer46
Hey, I heard you the first time already. [Big Grin]

--------------------

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
quote:
quote:

You should watch what comes out of that cocksucker of yours Janet, calling people names on here is not nice.
Do you think it's a good idea to spend a ton of time by swap out headers on a modular mustang every two years just for the sake of having a "cool" sounding car?

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol and what's the difference of you wasting time with your gay ass post?! I work at at a shop that has a rack,my dad owns a rack at his house and I've been doin this forever so YES u fuckn retard it is worth it to me to swap longtubes on any car of mine for smog,it comes so natural to yank a k member and install some headers it's really not that big of a deal,considering I already kno your a fuckn slow as hell wrench I wouldn't expect a dipshit like you to understand at all,shit your basically all for smog and making your car legal so that right there shows me what kinda mind state you have [Roll Eyes] ...why the fuck does it matter to you wtf it is I do?! Look at the level of respect you get compared to the respect I get on this board,your a joke and everyone knows it,some old mouthy fuck tryin to keep up with young bucks who kno there shit and you don't!! Funny as hell you brought this back up to try an clown me after u did your shorty header Install yet I'm the one with all this wasted time on my hands [Confused] I would love to meet you and shit on your theories and wack concepts just to see the dumb founded look on your face...keep to yourself and ill do the same I'm not goin rounds with another cafords know it all....your an idiot dude [Roll Eyes]

[ 2013-07-17, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you think it's a good idea to spend a ton of time by swap out headers on a modular mustang every two years just for the sake of having a "cool" sounding car?
I've got a 2013 so I don't have to smog for 5 years and even if I did I have multiple sources where I can bypass visual. So I ain't worried bout nuthin
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Fuck you cobraracer46

Your a disgrace to the mustang community and men's in general.

--------------------

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
I work at at a shop that has a rack,my dad owns a rack at his house [Roll Eyes]

OK, I got. You like to hang out in places with a rack. Who else in your family has a rack? By the way, your posts are at a level 10 and you need to calm down and bring them to level 2. [Big Grin]

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ya I like to "hang out" at places with racks [Roll Eyes] i work an build hotrods alongside my Pops amd we carry the passion further by having a shop and rack at the house...I could Install longtubes on jack stands faster than you could install your shorties ona rack rookie,I'd run circles around you in a shop environment,I've grown up around hotrods and tools since I was a baby and was doin motors and trannys in the dirt growing up,i earned my way,it's In my blood and its what I know always has an always will be,don't put a judge on me like you know me faggot,I already know your an idiot that can't wrench efficiently to save your life,no wonder your all about smog old man [Roll Eyes] keep talkin ill bring his shit to a 12 or 13 [Wink] just stfu already and give up..

[ 2013-07-17, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

OK, I got. You like to hang out in places with a rack
Who doesnt like hanging out at places with racks!!! Oh Shit that's right you like to hang out with men and riding bikes in spandex........
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:
quote:

OK, I got. You like to hang out in places with a rack
Who doesnt like hanging out at places with racks!!! Oh Shit that's right you like to hang out with men and riding bikes in spandex........
Lol a rare visit in gen talk from our good member haulinass and all to tell you your gay cobraracer [Wink]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Ya I like to "hang out" at places with racks [Roll Eyes] i work an build hotrods alongside my Pops amd we carry the passion further by having a shop and rack at the house...I could Install longtubes on jack stands faster than you could install your shorties ona rack rookie,I'd run circles around you in a shop environment,I've grown up around hotrods and tools since I was a baby and was doin motors and trannys in the dirt growing up,i earned my way,it's In my blood and its what I know always has an always will be,don't put a judge on me like you know me faggot,I already know your an idiot that can't wrench efficiently to save your life,no wonder your all about smog old man [Roll Eyes] keep talkin ill bring his shit to a 12 or 13 [Wink] just stfu already and give up..

Congrats on calling your self a fast mechanic.

One reason why I like to work on my Cobra myself is that I'm afraid that some grease monkey that has grown up around hot rods all of his life will try and wrench on it too fast and fuck something up. [Mad]

--------------------

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

quote:
quote:

One reason why I like to work on my Cobra myself is that I'm afraid that some grease monkey that has grown up around hot rods all of his life will try and wrench on it too fast and fuck something up. [Mad]

Let me just add this

FUCK YOU COBRARACER46!!!

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
quote:

Uh O I got you to a level 6 watch out [Roll Eyes] if u take what I posted as me being a fast sloppy mechanic then again u proved your a fuckn idiot....just give up

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Btw my term of "hotrod" is far from California kid days [Wink] that's any vehicle a person has a desire to modify to make faster and better than the factory intended...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com