Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Samsung Galaxy S4 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S4
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fortyoz, Thanks for the useful feedback!
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I cant do this rooting software shit. I'll spend my time and money on my car.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

fortyoz
¯
Member # 2975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fortyoz  Ford pictures for fortyoz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 925_GT:
I cant do this rooting software shit. I'll spend my time and money on my car.

I agree. But it's no different from cars. You learn, trial and error, learn, learn and execute. That's the difference between something mediocre and something even better than what it waswhen you started. In this case, you can have a different phone in less than 10 mins at anytime you want that best suits YOU. Just like your car. Either way it's just a phone... til somebody says Androids aren't shit [Smile] Whole different ballgame than what is advertised to you.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi guys, I've had the S4 for about a month now and pretty much figured out all the features that were bothering me, except for one thing that is still inconceivably terrible, MMS.

What is it with the slow speed, glitching, resizing delays, limited ability to send multiple images, etc? It's so primitive and time consuming!

With my I-phone, it was a breeze. Simply select the image(s), you want to send and bam, they're off! With this thing it takes me 3x longer to work with MMS for some reason. Why?

I've tried the different non-stock SMS/MMS apps too and none of them changed much.

Overall this phone has a lot of features that I don't need like the silly eye movement gimmick that looks to also be inconsistent, and they fumbled on the simple stuff like MMS.

If there is something I am missing, please let me know and thank you all in advance.

I haven't tried any of the rooting that was recommended above, but may look into that soon.

Luke

[ 2013-07-07, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Texting on S4 eats dick. My cuz told me in order to reply to group texts you need to turn off the wifi. Lol wtf?

I'm curious to know about rooting.

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:
Originally posted by poisonpony96:
That's what I've been hearing but the s4 is suppose to be great to. Has some key things the htc doesn't but the htc looks high end like iPhone where the s4 is just plastic

The s4 is doper than any phone out right now. Ill take the plastic, so what it scratches. Iphone is all glass, drop it the wrong way and say goodbye.
Actually the back of iPhone 5 is aluminum. [patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the s4 for like 3 weeks, I got rid of it and got an iPhone again. I have been a iPhone user that some stuff on the s4 didn't compare to the iPhone. Some thing where better on the iPhone.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
Texting on S4 eats dick. My cuz told me in order to reply to group texts you need to turn off the wifi. Lol wtf?

Lmao, you need to download the app so you can group text/chat etc, the factory text doesnt allow that. Igs a 30 second download.

Or wait, you are correct, the phone sucks, I will give you $50 for it

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

fortyoz
¯
Member # 2975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fortyoz  Ford pictures for fortyoz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:

Rooting is a good start, but custom rom flashing is what you really should be looking into.

But to answer your question, it is basically similar to a jailbroken iOS device. You have the full ability to add/customize anything minus the faster battery drains and sluggish speed that iOS receives after doing the process. With iPhones, anytime there is a new iOS update you will need new software to jailbreak the newest iOS version and sometimes this will take MONTHS from their "underground" developers... trust me, I know. With an Android, you will see NONE of this.

If you are flashing custom roms i.e a new user interface or basically a new iOS.. majority of those roms will come rooted. Think of the new iOS 7 that comes jailbroken, except that you have THOUSANDS of "iOS" roms to choose from with for nearly EACH Android phone.

A developer may incorporate any or all fancy options from any high end Android phone and throw them all on one custom rom. For EXAMPLE, don't like iTunes? Find that custom rom that does not require you to use iTunes or any account or additional PC software. Just drag and drop your media like a usb stick and be out the door that much quicker. Plus he can take S4 special options that you see on TV commercials, maybe a Note 2 multi window option and throw them in one custom rom. This is unavailable for Apple products due to their closed source software. Think of Ford telling you to keep your Mustang stock and you can't touch SHIT. No thanks.

As for your "texting problem", a custom rom will fix ANY flaws that you see are a problem. Find one that you like and better suits you and it's a wrap. Alot of roms come with the "group text" already included.

I've had 4 iPhones but it took just 1 high end Android phone for the nails in the coffin. All phones were great and taken to its each individual limit, but there was only one that is a clear cut winner for my needs. My old Sidekick 2 was great for calling and texting, but times have changed alot since then. [Wink]

May sound like rocket science, but you'll be surprised on how much of it is self explanitory with research just like anything else.

http://gizmodo.com/5982287/reasons-to-root-your-android-device

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
luke87gt anymore feedback about this phone?? i have an iphone 4 right now but am thinking about getting the s4 or possibly the s3 since i can get it for a penny from att but i do a whole lot of txting so the txting problems your having would kill me. should i go for an iphone5 instead?? thanks guys
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the S3, love the phone. To group text you just download "Verizon Texting" otherwise the group text the phone comes with will have "group" texts sent out as individual. So 1 quick download and the phone kicks ass.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually bought the s4, so far its all good.. still gettijg used to it a lil but I like it. Seems better then the iphones so far.
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S4 is the best phone I have owned by far.. Dowload Utorrent App, put a 32G SD card in it, download and stream stuff to your TV's [patriot] ..
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meh I dunno about the S4 yet, I'm really starting to miss my iPhone 5. My iPhone never had ads like crazy whenever I unlock my screen, or move my apps around, or text/call people, or turn off my LTE.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

So I figured out basically the one problem I had with the phone was the txting, once I changed over to the Swype keyboard it basically does it for you. I'm still loving the phone though and still think it's an overall better phone then the iPhone.
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone want to sell me their S4 for cheap yet because you are iPhone sack riders? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com