Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Owning a boat.... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Owning a boat....
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a couple people on here with bad ass boats. Suprised they haven't popped in.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin/blue, where do you guys live, as in what lakes to you frequent?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice blue!!! I live in Vacaville, so from my door step to the launch ramp is 35 mins..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I live in San Jose but my parents just bought a house in Valley Springs. So, I will be up at New Hogan, Camanche, New Melones, Pardee, Amador, etc. most of the time.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No better way to end a work day in the middle of the week than on the water with friends and a cooler of iced beverages

-

-

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you post pics? I want to uploads some photos of my boat.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How's the water temp @ berryessa? Man they say only 77 with a 13mph wind for sunday [Frown]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

I just picked this boat up last week! I plan on taking it out Sunday

[ 2013-05-03, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Yeah, Saturday is your target day! We were swimming in Berryessa 3 weeks ago. Warm, no. FREEZING, no!

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
 -

That thing looks plush, NICE!

Need a cafords day on the water coming up?!?!?

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
 -

That thing looks plush, NICE!

Need a cafords day on the water coming up?!?!?

Thanks! It's got everthing I was looking for. Fuel Injection, Bench seating, over 21ft etc. It holds 10 so its good for the family and friends.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Same here, injected, 10 person rating, storage and seeting like crazy etc! I chose the Yamaha due to the swim deck layout 100%. The twin jet engine took some getting used to, but I love the boat/size and the 9 foot bimini!

-

-

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just saw a guy filling up his wake board boat at the gas station. His tow rig was an escalade hybrid...... That wouldn't have been my first choice on a towing vehicle LOL.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Same here, injected, 10 person rating, storage and seeting like crazy etc! I chose the Yamaha due to the swim deck layout 100%. The twin jet engine took some getting used to, but I love the boat/size and the 9 foot bimini!

-

-

That nice. i gotta get me a bbq gritt for mine too!

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:

-

-

That nice. i gotta get me a bbq grill for mine too!

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

-

-

Steak, shrimp, burgers, dogs, chicken etc so far. Whole new way to eat in the middle of a lake!

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
No better way to end a work day in the middle of the week than on the water with friends and a cooler of iced beverages

I remember when I had my first Pepsi...

[ 2013-05-03, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: 166 Merlo ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I own a houseboat. What I like to do is invite women over and take them to the middle of the ocean and they always ending up sleeping with me. It's all in the implication bro.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

AH.. Lets keep it goin..  -

-
 -

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need to increase my trailer reversing skills down the ramp lol camping don pedro in july on a weekday so i can pratice, aint noone gonna be there [Cool]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im going to buy a decent fishing/cruising boat for next summer. I went on a trip last weekend with my buddy and a couple of 8/10 blondes and im hooked. Owning a boat beats the hell out of throwing thousands at a car to go .5 seconds faster. Most fun ive had in years.

Question, How reliable are older boats? I see a couple decent sized ones for $4000-$5000 from the early 90s. Seems like a good start boat size for someone like me.

[ 2013-06-03, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Im going to buy a decent fishing/cruising boat for next summer. I went on a trip last weekend with my buddy and a couple of 8/10 blondes and im hooked. Owning a boat beats the hell out of throwing thousands at a car to go .5 seconds faster. Most fun ive had in years.

Question, How reliable are older boats? I see a couple decent sized ones for $4000-$5000 from the early 90s. Seems like a good start boat size for someone like me.

As long as you keep up on them they are just like cars... other than my lil mishaps that lowered my out drive down on the freeway, it's never gave me any problems.. Took me a while to fix all the crap that broke, But now I can pretty much take apart my own boat.. f' shop prices..

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
i need to increase my trailer reversing skills down the ramp lol camping don pedro in july on a weekday so i can pratice, aint noone gonna be there [Cool]

ya I had fun sat night... pulled out the lake around 10 pm with no flash lights or any lights at all... Took a few times to get it on the trailer

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Get off the ls based cock and you'll pick up a lot more than .5..

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Owning a boat beats the hell out of throwing thousands at a car to go .5 seconds faster. Most fun ive had in years.

All in the boat you buy. Boats get bad reps from someone in your position buying a boat that has no clue what to look for, then getting nickle n dimed. Also, buy a book and learn to do all your OWN maintenance yourself. To take my twin engine Yamaha in to the dealer for oil changes to both engines they want between $500 and $800, NO JOKE. It takes an hour MAX, some mobil 1 oil, two $15 filters and a pump to suck the old oil out. Took me and a buddy an hour total which included alcoholic consumption in my driveway.
My 73 Tahitti I bought a Chilton "type" book and learned to take the top and bottom ends apart, change impellars, fluids etc. It broke down 1 time on the water where I was towed back, turned out nothing more than fouled the spark plugs (old ass boat, mixing oil/fuel and going through no wakes zones = no bueno over time.)
That being said, there is no better way to spend a day in the sun than on your boat floating in the water.......

-

-

-

-

Locked and loaded for a 48 hour camping trip, LOL. Bow is FULL of wood

-

[ 2013-06-03, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com