Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Owning a boat.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Owning a boat....
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whether a day on the water with friends or the family, there is no place more relaxing than on a boat you own. Until I was given a boat, I never knew just how nice it is to own one. It's like a vacation you have access to at any time!

Try it out, I'm tellin ya.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Two best days in a boat owner's life:

The day he buys it.
The day he sells it.

B - ust
O - ut
A - nother
T - housand

The best boat in the world is the boat your friend owns. Take it out, beat on it, and let him make the payments and repairs.

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:

The day he buys it.
The day he sells it.

B - ust
O - ut
A - nother
T - housand

The best boat in the world is the boat your friend owns. Take it out, beat on it, and let him make the payments and repairs.

That didn't take long to cover

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate to be negative, because some very good times in my life have been had out on the water. But boats are an expensive hobby. Stay sunburned, my friends, lol
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
quote:

The day he buys it.
The day he sells it.

B - ust
O - ut
A - nother
T - housand

only people who say that are people who A: dont own a boat/talk out their asses or B: people who bought something without having it inspected first!

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tho boating is expensive i didnt need to break out another thousand every time i used it. And as far as being happy when its sold yea right. My boat was wrecked and i miss the shit out of it. But oh well next year 2013 xstar here i come rip 2008 xstar aka "bonecrusher"

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
quote:

The day he buys it.
The day he sells it.

B - ust
O - ut
A - nother
T - housand

only people who say that are people who A: dont own a boat/talk out their asses or B: people who bought something without having it inspected first!
That was me. I bought one and didnt have it inspected, so after taking it out 3 times I had to pay $1600 in repairs. I still have it though and use it a lot. [patriot]

--------------------
To be or not to be

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is a very expensive hobby and I swear by the motto ," this boat does not run on friendships" ,but i do love the song "boats and hoes", cuz that's what seems to come with one , at least from my experience ... but Don I hear you on how relaxing they are ,when you are just out in the middle of the water and listening to the sound of water against your boat and enjoying a beautiful day relaxing with no worries in the world!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

We just upgraded to an 06 Yamaha boat for size, and absolutely love it. But for the past 18 months we LOVED our 1973 Tahiti with a Chrysler 105 on the back! I picked up a manual on it right away and went through the bottom end etc because it had been sitting for the previous 10 years but when first fired, it was turn key! I LOVE exposing our kids to the freedom of having a boat as well as taking friends out so they can share in the relaxation.

If single, GOD I WISH I OWNED A BOAT BACK THEN....

With the family, there is no better therapy.... My wife and I don't argue all that often, but one thing we both note, we've "never" argued when on the water (which is a lot.) It's GREAT to spend the time with the kids, the two year old loves jumping off the boat, the 9 year old is getting into knee boarding etc and the 16 year old doesnt mind hanging out with "dad" so much, lol! He brings his friends camping on the boat etc. Boating is a GREAT way to keep the family together imo.

The Tahiti runs so well and is in such great shape the $2,500 I could get for it, doesn't make sense to me. I'm keeping both boats, that one for the kids and to have an extra boat on camping trips.

I'm telling you guys/girls, I "NEVER" would have thought boating was this FUN, RELAXING, EXCITING etc..... If you get a chance while you're young I suggest you "give it a shot" rather than listening to other people, many of whom never owned a boat etc.

I've got nothing to gain by any of you buying a boat (other than more crowded lakes.....) but I wish someone had conveyed this to me long ago....

--------------------

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's the same thing as our car hobby. It can get expensive.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
I bought one and didnt have it inspected, so after taking it out 3 times I had to pay $1600 in repairs. I still have it though and use it a lot. [patriot]

Glad to hear you didn't let that "sink" your experience [patriot]

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just sold my racecar and used the funds to buy a boat. It's a 2001 Malibu Sunsetter LXI with 320hp chevy made by Indmar. It is expensive but not any more than modding a mustang, and certainly a lot cheaper than racing a mustang. This will provide years of memories for my family, the same can't be said about a car.

-

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
This will provide years of memories for my family, the same can't be said about a car.

DEAD ON [patriot]

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've had my boat now for the past 6 years and do all the maintance on it myself... it really hasnt cost shit to maintain it and i have never had to be towed in... [patriot] I wanna upgrade to a cuddy cabin so i can spend the weekend out on the lake.. People that dont own a boat just dont realize what there missing...

nothing better than crackin a beer and floating all day..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
nothing better than crackin a beer and floating all day..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would like one but don't have the room yet. Isn't it a little chilly to be talking boats and ho's right now?
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Would like one but don't have the room yet. Isn't it a little chilly to be talking boats and ho's right now?

ya.. damn! it's cold outside...

this is my winter watersports:  -

-

[Big Grin]

[ November 13, 2012, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Isn't it a little chilly to be talking boats and ho's right now?

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR [Razz]

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was recently at lake berryessa on my waverunner, chillin, motor off in the middle of the lake...and it so peaceful. i just kicked back for like 30 minutes and started tango'ing friends (facetime) and letting them see where i was at while they were at work ahahah
 -

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

It's the best time to go sturgeon fishing in the delta! I use my boat all year round!!!

--------------------
To be or not to be

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:

It's the best time to go sturgeon fishing in the delta! I use my boat all year round!!!
Very cool! I caught a 70lb Sturgeon when I was maybe 10 years old with my dad on his boat. I remember it took 2 hours to get into the boat and after 30 minutes of reeling, slack, reel, slack, something jumped what looked like a mile away and dad said, "that's your fish!" I will never forget that feeling of how far it was after what already felt like forever getting it closer, lol! I may ask for details on where you go, would be a great experience for my son and me to relive!

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
quote:

Very cool! I caught a 70lb Sturgeon when I was maybe 10 years old with my dad on his boat. I remember it took 2 hours to get into the boat and after 30 minutes of reeling, slack, reel, slack, something jumped what looked like a mile away and dad said, "that's your fish!" I will never forget that feeling of how far it was after what already felt like forever getting it closer, lol! I may ask for details on where you go, would be a great experience for my son and me to relive!
The first time I went sturgeon fishing I was also 10 years old. It was myself and a my aunts ex. We went out past the old 7up plant in Vallejo in a 12' aluminum Klamath ( very calm day BTW) and I caught 2 keepers my first time out. It took me about 45 mins on the first one and another 30-40 mins on the second one. [patriot] I will try and scan a pic later.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
awesome thing to be on one. but i dont have the time space or extra money, to properly keep a boat. i am def that friend that will clean and wash and pitch in on gas if u can give me a ride!!
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like im going to be joining the boat owners club. I pick up my 2005 reinell 217 BR this friday! cant wait to hit the lake!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to have to show this to my wife. I have been trying to convince her. The problem is that we have nowhere to store one and I have no time to maintain it. The boat I could afford would need maintenance! LOL!! She said that I don't need something else to maintain. With the Mustang, my dirtbike, both kid's dirtbikes, my streetbike, and the daily drivers, I am afraid that she is right! Maybe after I get paint on the outside of the house,remodel the bathrooms, swap out all the interior doors, tear out the deck and redo the backyard, put the cage in the car, install the snow kit, swap to 5-lug and Cobra discs, then I'll finally be ready for the boat. The only problem is that the kids will be out of the house by then!!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com