Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New baby is home! 2013 Shelby GT500 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New baby is home! 2013 Shelby GT500
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
Beautiful car bro looks exactly like the one we have for sale at frontier ford. Enjoy the new car man you got a beautiful ride!

Just curious..what is the price at Frontier Ford? I drove up there on my motorcycle earlier this year and when I asked about an allocation for a new Shelby they just laughed me out of the showroom floor..didn't take me serious...must of been my power ranger leathers (Alpinestars) and they basically lost a sale [Roll Eyes] because I had cash in hand.

[ November 02, 2012, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:

-

i would organize your garage alil bit more wouldnt want anything to fall on it!

fuk'n luv those tail lights!

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
quote:

-

i would organize your garage alil bit more wouldnt want anything to fall on it!

fuk'n luv those tail lights!

I know..I am in the middle of cleaning. All that stuff is cleaning/waxing stuff for the boat. It actually is a couple feet away from the front of the car, but I know what you mean. Time for a garage sale(my wife will appreciate it)!

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Beautiful car bro looks exactly like the one we have for sale at frontier ford. Enjoy the new car man you got a beautiful ride!

Just curious..what is the price at Frontier Ford? I drove up there on my motorcycle earlier this year and when I asked about an allocation for a new Shelby they just laughed me out of the showroom floor..didn't take me serious...must of been my power ranger leathers (Alpinestars) and they basically lost a sale [Roll Eyes] because I had cash in hand.
65k plus 20k markup. Sorry you had a bad experience bro, I just started their May 1st. Wish I would of been there that day I would of sold it to you [Big Grin] . You deff got a bad ass car [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

20K markup? I am glad I got laughed out of there. I don't know how that is going to sell when the car can be purchased at MSRP...

[ November 03, 2012, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol at 20k mark up. Some dealerships are out of their mind.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lmao I love it when slime balls Wrongfully judge people and miss out!! Hope they see this

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

SandstormGT
¯
Member # 11831

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for SandstormGT  Ford pictures for SandstormGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, same color scheme as the one we have over at Frontier Ford. Beautiful car.
Posts: 67 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Mar 2012  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Weeeeeeeeeht [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick! Congrats!!

--------------------
02 GT Vert

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
20K markup? I am glad I got laughed out of there. I don't know how that is going to sell when the car can be purchased at MSRP...

We sold the second one yesterday. Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats and enjoy that beast. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

quote:
quote:

We sold the second one yesterday. Sounds like you got a great deal. Congrats and enjoy that beast. [patriot]
Sold with the 20K markup??? Wow!I guess for now the dealership has more leverage as getting a 2013 Shelby (last one Shelby himself had a hand in)is getting pretty difficult. There is a 2014 coming out..you would just have to get an allocation in early like (9 months ahead of time with a deposit). The one that you guys just sold..did it have the performance package, recaros..track pack..what were the options and was it sold to someone in California?

[ November 05, 2012, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sold with the 20K markup??? Wow!I guess for now the dealership has more leverage as getting a 2013 Shelby (last one Shelby himself had a hand in)is getting pretty difficult. There is a 2014 coming out..you would just have to get an allocation in early like (9 months ahead of time with a deposit). The one that you guys just sold..did it have the performance package, recaros..track pack..what were the options and was it sold to someone in California?
Yeah fully loaded all the bells and whistles. The first one I'm not sure If its still in CA the second one is I'm sure. They both got sold on my days off which sucks but oh we'll .

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

lol fuckin losers [Roll Eyes]

one day ima go in there ghetto as fuck with cash tho, to see who takes me seriously and laugh at the person that didn't take me serious after i spend 80k on one [dance]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

really?? damn thats not bad then def worth the 65k then [worship]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

To be honest it does suck that dealerships put a ADM on a vehicle that is MSRP around 65K with options. You might as well say the car is a $80K purchase which sort of defeats the whole mustang thing of getting s performance car at a reasonable price. If I had to pay that I would definitely include other cars in my search (thinking ZR1/Z06/new viper) because in the long run you are not going to feel a difference in sting price between a 80 to a 100K car (depends on how emotionally attached you are with the particular car).

In the long run it is not the dealership's fault for being greedy. It is the idiots that are willing to pay $20K markup that ruin it for everyone else. If nobody paid that...dealerships would not be marking them up..plain and simple.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
Originally posted by LQ9SN95:
quote:
quote:

one day ima go in there ghetto as fuck with cash tho, to see who takes me seriously and laugh at the person that didn't take me serious after i spend 80k on one [dance]

Come on by willy and ill let you drive a fiesta should be more then enough power for you too handle!

[ November 12, 2012, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
To be honest it does suck that dealerships put a ADM on a vehicle that is MSRP around 65K with options. You might as well say the car is a $80K purchase which sort of defeats the whole mustang thing of getting s performance car at a reasonable price. If I had to pay that I would definitely include other cars in my search (thinking ZR1/Z06/new viper) because in the long run you are not going to feel a difference in sting price between a 80 to a 100K car (depends on how emotionally attached you are with the particular car).

In the long run it is not the dealership's fault for being greedy. It is the idiots that are willing to pay $20K markup that ruin it for everyone else. If nobody paid that...dealerships would not be marking them up..plain and simple.

Yup I hear ya. You deff got a great deal, just curious what ford sold you this car at MSRP ?

[ November 12, 2012, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

I got my car in Seaside, but I heard that the ford dealership in Half Moon Bay was also selling at MSRP. Since we are talking private ownership I don't think they will be sharing much information on what their pricing is. I guess it depends on the dealership and what the situation is. I mean a $85K Shelby sells at Frontier, but that is a quick sale with no lingering benefits on selling future cars because consumers know that other dealerships are selling at MSRP. For the person that needs it like yesterday they are going to pay the markup. However smart consumers that do a little bit of research know that these cars can be had at MSRP by searching out of state or just doing their homework (it is called smart money spent). People that spend 65-70K out the door are people that are going to do repeat business at the same dealership because they know that they at least got a fair deal as compared to forking out an ADM (20K on a 65K car is ridiculous). Those are the same people that buy other cars after the Shelby just because of that good relationship which in the long term does make more money for the dealership. So two roads here...quick sale or fair sale with benefits of more purchases (with other future customer seeing the good deals and purchasing word of mouth).
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come on by willy and ill let you drive a fiesta should be more then enough power for you too handle!
mike marrufo would let me test drive a roush [dance] [Razz]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
I got my car in Seaside, but I heard that the ford dealership in Half Moon Bay was also selling at MSRP. Since we are talking private ownership I don't think they will be sharing much information on what their pricing is. I guess it depends on the dealership and what the situation is. I mean a $85K Shelby sells at Frontier, but that is a quick sale with no lingering benefits on selling future cars because consumers know that other dealerships are selling at MSRP. For the person that needs it like yesterday they are going to pay the markup. However smart consumers that do a little bit of research know that these cars can be had at MSRP by searching out of state or just doing their homework (it is called smart money spent). People that spend 65-70K out the door are people that are going to do repeat business at the same dealership because they know that they at least got a fair deal as compared to forking out an ADM (20K on a 65K car is ridiculous). Those are the same people that buy other cars after the Shelby just because of that good relationship which in the long term does make more money for the dealership. So two roads here...quick sale or fair sale with benefits of more purchases (with other future customer seeing the good deals and purchasing word of mouth).

[worship] [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sure you can drive one of those too or you can bring someone else to drive it for you [Razz] [dance] [patriot]

[ November 12, 2012, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

[ November 12, 2012, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sure you can drive one of those too or you can bring someone else to drive it for you [Razz] [dance] [patriot]
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com