Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sacramento's 05 darkhorse gets an ON3 TURBO!!! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Sacramento's 05 darkhorse gets an ON3 TURBO!!!
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarge  Ford pictures for Sarge  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so i just ordered my fuel pump from s&h performance. their a small company out of north carolina. the owner i found out is a electrical engineer in the navy so it was nice meeting another vet. im headed to FFP to go ahead and prepay for my tune then its just a waiting game for that pump!

--------------------
HP 05 Stang GT with *your signiture is too long* worth of mods...
Sincerely, Sarge

Holey87
Member # 7370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holey87  Ford pictures for Holey87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ssssooooooooo why does your car say darkhorse 427 on it when its a stock 3v??

kinda gay

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarge  Ford pictures for Sarge  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Holey87:

kinda gay

soooo definately not stock, nobody asked for your opinion of my car and if you hadnt come off like a douche i would have had no problem sharing the story. if you apologize and aproach me respectfully, id be more than happy to elaborate.
one last thing son. that car was what i bought when i came home from my second deployment. i almost died for the money i earned to buy that car. that being said riddle me this, who are you to judge my ride? thanks for your concern though.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sarge can do anything he wants to his car, he volunteered to go half way cross the planet to defend our freedoms.

[patriot]

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

kinda gay

Your 3rd post is this? Cool story bro....

[ October 18, 2012, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Y2K 281 ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Y2K 281:
quote:

kinda gay

That's what I was thinking, dudes too new to talk shit so soon.
Holey87
Member # 7370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holey87  Ford pictures for Holey87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
quote:

kinda gay

I respect this man now knowing he defends our country.
Sorry sarge sincerly
Please explain?
And not to new my friend ive been watching the steady decline of useful information on this site sice 07

Holey87
Member # 7370

I agree kinda harsh. Sincerly apolagize
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

kinda gay

Sorry sarge sincerly
Please explain?
And not to new my friend ive been watching the steady decline of useful information on this site sice 07

because of morons coming into threads just as you did above

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Holey87
Member # 7370

Good point. I will hold my tongue before I start asking shity questions. Ill just read for another 5 years lol
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Sarge can do anything he wants to his car, he volunteered to go half way cross the planet to defend our freedoms.

[patriot]

+1

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Good point. I will hold my tongue before I start asking shity questions. Ill just read for another 5 years lol

yea do yourself that favor, you being a member here for almost six years and your only posts are on this thread talking shit to a respectable member who has served our country shows alot about your character-(cowardice, bitchmade-punkass-internet troll)... Stay the fuck out of here!
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

kinda gay

Sorry sarge sincerly
Please explain?

ok i really do appreciate you guys backing me up on this but this guy owned up and apologized. i say again, i appreciate the support, but i dont see the need to keep metaphorically curb stomping him.
now as to you, we're good. i founded a mustang team back in fort hood tx when i was stationed there just before i got out of active duty. name we voted for was darkhorse and we agreed that we would post our dynos on our cars. i made 427 hp and 439 tq at 5650 rpm's on the na build i ran. i had to tear it apart when i moved to oregon from texas because i needed reliability more than i needed ground shaking hp. now im here. i decided to go turbo because ive had good experiences with them before. granded that was a custom TT kit made by john urist himself but im hoping to have just as much fun with this different product.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"427 hp and 439 tq at 5650 rpm N/A"

What was the combo?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Holey87
Member # 7370

quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
"427 hp and 439 tq at 5650 rpm N/A"

What was the combo?

Plus 2 on the combo?!
Those are some stout as numbers for an N/A 3v. Iv never even heard of someome trying to get real N/A power out a 281ci. What bottom end?

Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

Check the link to the modded mustang forum. They ve been asking too and i posted most of my build up there and i dont feel like posting it again. Please excuse my laziness. I went high compression but the biggest differences came from the cams, ported and polished heads and the custom crank i had made. I dont know the details about that crank like degrees or lift or whatevers tied into that because i havent learned that much about cars yet, but i know it was aloooot lighter than stock.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge:
Check the link to the modded mustang forum. They ve been asking too and i posted most of my build up there and i dont feel like posting it again. Please excuse my laziness. I went high compression but the biggest differences came from the cams, ported and polished heads and the custom crank i had made. I dont know the details about that crank like degrees or lift or whatevers tied into that because i havent learned that much about cars yet, but i know it was aloooot lighter than stock.

What was your CR? What intake manifold did you use? Also, who made the custom crankshaft?

[ October 19, 2012, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Boss 327 ]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the Sarge going to do when he has to smog his 05 turbo GT since the 0n 3 turbo kit is not smog legal?

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
What is the Sarge going to do when he has to smog his 05 turbo GT since the 0n 3 turbo kit is not smog legal?

Smog hookup duh!
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Has anyone ever read anything good from this guy? God you bug me.

How do you plan on getting your T trim smogged?

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
quote:

Guys an idiot. All his posts are nothing but bullshit.

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
quote:
quote:

Guys an idiot. All his posts are nothing but bullshit.
I agree, i'd like to slap his face.
Sarge
¯
Member # 11562

frpp manifold, and idk what CR means. and sunshine performance was who subleted the work out but i dont remember who did the crank.

--------------------
Sincerely, Sarge

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes that's true Scott, but at the time I was very in experienced back then and didn't know it needed more fuel. Kinda thought that the tuner would see the car running out of fuel on the dyno?? NO?? Pretty sure every other tuner I ever heard looks at fuel pump duty cycles? But yes billy was not who tuned my car, back then he was just wrenching. Billy is actually a cool guy, have nothing against him! Just stating facts here. Did it happen? Yes, are u gonna blame it on the car or me? That's awesome! The mistake was simple, can only be pointed at one person an that's not billy or me!! You know quite well who is to blame!

quote:
Billy at FFP knows whats he's doing, as does Shawn, and I've heard Nate at AOP is doing well too.

Casey. You had a 10.5:1 Mach 1 on 8-10lbs with a focus pump, and possibly and BAP w/ 42's. absolutely not enough fuel. And bill did not tune your car. Show me a N/A mod motor that has had boost on it for any amount of time that's been driven aggressively that still lives, YOU CAN'T! Boosting those motors is like playing with fire, regardless of the tune, you know that. Stick to the facts!

Sarge. Be prepared to be nickle and dime'd to death by the O3P kit. The turbo itself isn't the problem, it's everything else associated with it. READ READ READ... And listen to people with FIRST HAND experience with it. I have 2 friends with these kits now, and they've been headaches from the get go. It can be done, with the right amount of money lol

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

himself that why he has a smog lic

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com