Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1970 mach 1 restoration (update 07/02/15) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 1970 mach 1 restoration (update 07/02/15)
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Don't listen to Dan they're giving him too many meds it's messing with his mind! Go Coyote it'll be dependable N put good power.

No Dan has a good point.
Think how the owners of the first 3v motors feel. I'd be kinda mad if my newer car made the same HP stock as a new v6!!! [Embarrassed]

Dude you're suppose to be on my team you fucker!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Don't listen to Dan they're giving him too many meds it's messing with his mind! Go Coyote it'll be dependable N put good power.

No Dan has a good point.
Think how the owners of the first 3v motors feel. I'd be kinda mad if my newer car made the same HP stock as a new v6!!! [Embarrassed]

Dude you're suppose to be on my team you fucker!
Well I can't support your stupid ideas ALL the time. [Smile]
I wanna see some SBF or BBF pushrod power in this thing. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
i was trying to make it a flying car, but i think my fabrication skills are not there yet, maybe with the gto.

YEAH! Flux Capacitor. Now you're talking!! [Big Grin]
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well heres an update.....

Took it to the media blasters and that was a fuckin nightmare, kept getting postponed to pick up, got a call 430 today to come pick it up. My mom set up a paint booth for me and here we are. They didnt remove some of the undercoating in the rear wheel wells but ill get it with a wire wheel at a later date. Getting a plasma cutter soon and out come the shock towers.

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice. The more pics the better! [Big Grin]

[ November 08, 2012, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: 66_5.0 ]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ima bout to get an endorsment from baking-soda... Yaaaa got that crinACK!

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good so far... Keep us updated.. [Wink]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hhat a SOLID body!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

No Dan has a good point.

Your only agreeing cause your car has a hard enough time keeping a motor in it!LOL

I see Dans point, but depending on what the purpose of the car is and if your building it to sell or keep id say do what you feel! truthfully if your car has gone mod motor it is still modern. or if your in the chevy area and you have gone LS1 you still have gone to an LS power plant.

most of that LS stuff is essentially the same stuff just different CID., if you start talking about LS3 thats starting to become a different animal with variable valve timing etc, but to most folks that see your car if you had a LQ4 5.3 with vette engine covers they are still going to think its vette (LS) powered.

Same goes for the fords. a lot of these older guys look at the car and go "MAN, that has one of those new mustang engines in it" so you still can win popular vote.

If you are keeping the car and decide to go pushrod go either with a standard small block or standard big block. the Cleavland will be nostalgic but you are already going to the AJE setup and the Nostalgic-ness is kind of null and void.

You will spend all this money on new distributor, headers etc. which 15-20 years from know when your motor may need a rebuild and the block is trashed and you cannot find another block you will have all these go fast parts for a damn near obsolete motor. then you are either faced with building some clevor abomination OR starting over. you could build a hot BIG CID sbf for the price or cheaper then the cleavland.

I say Do what you want, I'm still aiming for that coyote motor for my 67.

[ November 08, 2012, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DON'T put a chevy in it

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
quote:

No Dan has a good point.

Your only agreeing cause your car has a hard enough time keeping a motor in it!LOL

I see Dans point, but depending on what the purpose of the car is and if your building it to sell or keep id say do what you feel! truthfully if your car has gone mod motor it is still modern. or if your in the chevy area and you have gone LS1 you still have gone to an LS power plant.

most of that LS stuff is essentially the same stuff just different CID., if you start talking about LS3 thats starting to become a different animal with variable valve timing etc, but to most folks that see your car if you had a LQ4 5.3 with vette engine covers they are still going to think its vette (LS) powered.

Same goes for the fords. a lot of these older guys look at the car and go "MAN, that has one of those new mustang engines in it" so you still can win popular vote.

If you are keeping the car and decide to go pushrod go either with a standard small block or standard big block. the Cleavland will be nostalgic but you are already going to the AJE setup and the Nostalgic-ness is kind of null and void.

You will spend all this money on new distributor, headers etc. which 15-20 years from know when your motor may need a rebuild and the block is trashed and you cannot find another block you will have all these go fast parts for a damn near obsolete motor. then you are either faced with building some clevor abomination OR starting over. you could build a hot BIG CID sbf for the price or cheaper then the cleavland.

Within 8 years you will be able to buy an ecoboost turno setup v6 that makes more power and torque with better fuel economy in crate engine form..........

also the coyote will gain in cubes or drop in cubes and be standard with a blower or turbo on it.

Stay traditional if its just a cruiser IMHO

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
quote:

No Dan has a good point.

Within 8 years you will be able to buy an ecoboost turno setup v6 that makes more power and torque with better fuel economy in crate engine form..........

also the coyote will gain in cubes or drop in cubes and be standard with a blower or turbo on it.

Stay traditional if its just a cruiser IMHO

BIG BLOCK!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm leaning towards an FE. Shelby and a few others make aluminum blocks

[ November 08, 2012, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: 70mach351 ]

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I guess the $20k price cap is gone? [Big Grin]
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

yeah, 10k for the motor, 3k for the trany, 2k for the rear. wiring. im going 30k now. but its not a set number.

--------------------

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

FE's FTW! [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

-
 -
 -

Shock towers are out, have to make a sharper angle, tomorrow should have them welded up and hopefully have the k member mocked up. Working a ton this month so trying to get as much done as I can so it can go off to paint. Plasma cutter is my new favorite tool, little bit of a learning curve but it is awesome

[ November 27, 2012, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: 70mach351 ]

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep it up man [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

-
 -
 -

Got some more grinding and still have to fill the rest of the aprons in. Took longer than i thought didnt get to put the k member in today [Mad]

--------------------

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

-
 -

still have more welding and grinding to do. K member is mocked up but gonna take some shimming it looks like.

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

looking good! those notch plates fab'd by you OR bought?
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

i put them in. just cut them out of sheet metal with the plasma cutter

--------------------

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

well 3 years later started up on it again..... suspension mocked up and got some more welding to do....

-

-

--------------------

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very Nice [patriot]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
about time u start working on it!! lol.. that 9" I bought off you is still running strong!

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com