Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I put 20" rims on the Saleen... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I put 20" rims on the Saleen...
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Whats everybody think? Zoom in on the brakes...

[ October 03, 2012, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bro please don't be like the rest of people and tamper with a piece of history.

I used to ride my bicycle up to the ford dealer and daydream about a saleen just like yours.....

I wouldn't own it now, I have outgrown it, nonetheless it is a true piece of automotive history.

Wait till steve saleen kicks the bucket, you'll see.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20's is a lil too big for me on a fox...BUT, either way, your saleen looks super clean.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey i still have all the parts to put it back to how it came from
The factory - the Saleen Factory [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
Hey i still have all the parts to put it back to how it came from
The factory - the Saleen Factory [patriot]

Thank god!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks fine to me.real badass.just no bigger.ur fine tho. [worship]

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks bad ass bro... [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it looks clean. S281-E 5-spokes are awesome.

Did you have to run spacers or did they just bolt up?

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks clean, just keep the stock stuff for if u want to put it back to original. Nice Brakes too!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
Looks lifted vs stock to 18" wheels

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would look perfect if those where 18's because the 20 adds lift instead of filling the wheel well up like an 18 does
But none the less that car in those rims with the brakes peeking through makes a statement

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

It might just be the grade, leaning to the right a lil makin the left come up. But i got the wheels on ebay for a deal, shit i paid more for the tires, bolted right up, 20x10 rear with a 7.25" b/s. Real Saleen wheels too. Im just playin around with it. Same offset as a new mustang... It fits the old school Saleen setup like i was ment to be. Mashed a 285 in the back too with no rub!

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks a lil high. If you could get them to tuck a little it would look sick.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good to me and wheels can always be changed so not a big deal to go back to stock. I would run some coilovers then you could dial in the suspension and get that one sitting right. Nice job on the brakes too [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOOKS GREAT LOVE LX HATCHBACKS , MY FAV

[ October 03, 2012, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: S V T ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Saleen seats....

-

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happend to the original seats

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:
What happend to the original seats

The graphics aren't even close, and depending on his rear offsets on those rims unless he's swapped the rear to shorter axles, those dubs would be more than poking out.

I mean I guess it could be real but everything stock on it is gone so it might as well be an Lx hatch.

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
I think it would look perfect if those where 18's because the 20 adds lift instead of filling the wheel well up like an 18 does
But none the less that car in those rims with the brakes peeking through makes a statement

+1 on this^^^ and I think they would look better maybe on a sn95 [Big Grin]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20s are too big. they add lift instead of filling the wheel well...

love the 17s on my 67.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Bro please don't be like the rest of people and tamper with a piece of history.

I used to ride my bicycle up to the ford dealer and daydream about a saleen just like yours.....

I wouldn't own it now, I have outgrown it, nonetheless it is a true piece of automotive history.

Wait till steve saleen kicks the bucket, you'll see.

+1 on this....mostly because Dan said it, and I believe him

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMO it looks rice
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Nice Saleen seats....

U mean these? They need a lil work so they getting upholstered

-

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Those are for a 90 or 91.

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3911

[Eek!]

http://forums.corral.net/forums/mustangs-sale-wanted-1987-1993/1021807-1990-saleen-black-black-hatchback.html

[Embarrassed]

[ October 03, 2012, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Cobra 93-4992 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com