Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Why are you trying to sell a car without cats? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why are you trying to sell a car without cats?
88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pm your number
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan (Turbo50) that was hella funny about the sluts. It had me and my wife laughing. I'm going to save that. To the OP you have to wait and keep looking and when you see one you gotta jump on it.
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol. Just buy a catted h pipe and swap them out then bammmmmmmm go smog it. Yes its really that easy [dance]

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dear OP,

Man up pussy.

Sincerely,
Sydewayz Stan

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
Dear OP,

Man up pussy.

Sincerely,
Sydewayz Stan

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smog check? What exactly is this? [Wink] About the closest thing to emissions we've got here in Kansas is fat chicks that spent too much time at the local Buffet...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Bulkster90
¯
Member # 11621

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulkster90  Ford pictures for Bulkster90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:
I've had 7 Foxes, all with cars in between, I just can't escape their allure [Razz]

Like a slut? You had good bitches in between but you just cant stop thinkin about or stop going back to that slut.....?

Well, lemme tell you this baby boy.....that slut is filthy, very filthy but a fuckin performer.

You wont get that out of the good bitch, no matter how hard you try she will never be the slut.....so go with it........go towards the light and the filth.....let the slut allure you....

haha... this deserves to be on the second page

--------------------
1992 LX Coupe
2011 Coyote 5.0

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
About the LT's.. I gained a sweet approx 20rw, and 3 tenths, with 4mph on the quarter. Also quieted down my car a Lil bit.. Kept smog pump. But played the bad boy role and lost cats, although i would have def gone for a nice catted short H if i was still on that setup.

MikeN

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But yeah... The new buyer could sue for a non smoggable . Even if stated in b.o.s that the car was sold "as is". "as is" is not a way out of problems remaining in sold car. People need to learn these facts.

MikeN

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blkfoxbody89:
But yeah... The new buyer could sue for a non smoggable . Even if stated in b.o.s that the car was sold "as is". "as is" is not a way out of problems remaining in sold car. People need to learn these facts.

MikeN

people can sue for anything, doesnt mean they will win
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

quote:
Originally posted by 915.0gt:
quote:

MikeN

Sadly on this one they will win. Just trying to get the info out so none of you get screwed. Loser will have to pay shop fees for the fix. Sucks.

MikeN

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

MikeN

This.

I don't care what you're running when its your car. When it's time to sell, put the cats back on.

If you don't, I don't trust you, plain and simple. If it's so easy to do, do it your damn self, like the state requires, and I'll gladly hand you your money.

Everyone realizes its a $2500 dollar fine PER CAT if you get caught without them, right? Most Foxes had 4 from the factory...

[ September 22, 2012, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 915.0gt:
quote:

MikeN

Sadly on this one they will win. Just trying to get the info out so none of you get screwed. Loser will have to pay shop fees for the fix. Sucks.

MikeN

Sorry, i could be wrong..

DMV cannot:

Investigate most complaints about the condition of
used cars. "AS-IS" on a contract or Buyers Guide,
displayed on the used car window, means you will pay
all repair costs after you sign the contract, not the
dealer. (Safety equipment problems are handled by the
California Highway Patrol.)

MikeN

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"When a car is sold, who is responsible for the inspection?

The seller is required to provide the buyer with a valid smog inspection certification at the time of the sale or transfer. Smog certifications are good for 90 days from the date of issuance."

As-is at a dealer is a claim of no warranty on the vehicle. In CA, there is no grace period when purchasing the car. If you pay for it and have it transferred legally, and it blows up once you hit the street, you're not covered by any state law. This doesn't exempt people from their smogging requirements.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88cobraclone:
Hey buddy I have a fully built 331 Stroker everything smog legal that passes smog with flying colors with cats still on, no damn check engine lights or leaks reciepts for everything and full mm suspension handles like a dream well over 12k into it. Ill smog no problem legally got 8k cash and lets make it happen have maintaince records and pass smog certificates...oh yeah its a clean title 5 spd if your serious about buying a fox and stop crying about the smog bring me 80 hundred dollars bills and will take it to any smog shop of your choice and sign some paper work...lmk [patriot]

So how did this look? Did you buy it? Maybe you found your "slut"??

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wtf is smog?
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by 88cobraclone:
Hey buddy I have a fully built 331 Stroker everything smog legal that passes smog with flying colors with cats still on, no damn check engine lights or leaks reciepts for everything and full mm suspension handles like a dream well over 12k into it. Ill smog no problem legally got 8k cash and lets make it happen have maintaince records and pass smog certificates...oh yeah its a clean title 5 spd if your serious about buying a fox and stop crying about the smog bring me 80 hundred dollars bills and will take it to any smog shop of your choice and sign some paper work...lmk [patriot]

So how did this look? Did you buy it? Maybe you found your "slut"??
We're in communication [Whoo Whooooo!]

I've had enough buckets. I'm going to be picky. However, the OP was just a general observation. Just cause someone's car is smoggable doesn't mean I'm going to buy it. But with so many people putting so much money into their car then wanting to sell it, how hard is it to spend the extra $100, as everyone is saying it costs to make it legally transferable? I guarantee these cars would move so much more quickly if they were posted with a smog cert...

[ September 22, 2012, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am selling a few Sluts, one I love to put the smog stuff back on but the turbo kit doesn't allow me to, I also have a supercharged HCI slut, I can put all the smog stuff back on and smog it at any place you want but I would want $10K for it,

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
cobra4v
¯
Member # 4889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra4v  Ford pictures for cobra4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to agree. There were a few Cobras that I wanted but had LT and off road. I would have bought it if it had the stock headers and mid pipe.
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:
"When a car is sold, who is responsible for the inspection?

The seller is required to provide the buyer with a valid smog inspection certification at the time of the sale or transfer. Smog certifications are good for 90 days from the date of issuance."

As-is at a dealer is a claim of no warranty on the vehicle. In CA, there is no grace period when purchasing the car. If you pay for it and have it transferred legally, and it blows up once you hit the street, you're not covered by any state law. This doesn't exempt people from their smogging requirements.

Look who came out of their hole. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats wrong with building a nice smoggable street machine? it will cost me a bit more but i dont care, i hate dealing with the fake smog bullshit
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most people would just move on and look for another car that suits there standards, some on the other hand get butthurt and make a thread on a car forum to bitch and moan about it. Kinda sad....
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and this is why i deal with pre 75' cars. NO smog and you can do whatever the hell you wanna do to it. [patriot]

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by norcalfiddy:
and this is why i deal with pre 75' cars. NO smog and you can do whatever the hell you wanna do to it. [patriot]

Not true at all you can get refereed an have to be compliant for any emissions devices that the vehicle is suppose to have on it
Blown_gt
¯
Member # 10698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown_gt  Ford pictures for Blown_gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
[Frown] I haven't smogged my car in 8 years [Wink]

[Mad] lucky tho [worship]

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com