Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Why are you trying to sell a car without cats? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why are you trying to sell a car without cats?
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seriously. Why. Every mustang owner here knows that won't pass smog. And you're responsible for smog. It's practically impossible to shop for a mustang in this state. What the hell is wrong with people? You really need that extra 2 horsepower?. Or is it the sound placebo that makes you think you're so fucking fast without cats?

Stop it. All I want to do is buy a fucking Fox. Put the god damn cats back on and smog the sob so I can GIVE YOU MONEY.

/rant

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First world problems FTW.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C'mon son.

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Simple answer, buy a newer mustang.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had 7 Foxes, all with cars in between, I just can't escape their allure [Razz]
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:
Seriously. Why. Every mustang owner here knows that won't pass smog. And you're responsible for smog. It's practically impossible to shop for a mustang in this state. What the hell is wrong with people? You really need that extra 2 horsepower?. Or is it the sound placebo that makes you think you're so fucking fast without cats?

Stop it. All I want to do is buy a fucking Fox. Put the god damn cats back on and smog the sob so I can GIVE YOU MONEY.

/rant

[worship]

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe 2012 mustangs come with cats...tad bit more expensive [dance]
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel the same. Annoying as hell seeing ads for foxs with 5k asking prices and the damn thing wont pass smog.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] Cats are for the one day u need to do your part for the enviroment an get that magical smog cert we all gotta get in this state,other than that leave em for the mini vans an pussys bud!! U wanna buy a fox an have owned several,u kno how the games played!! But its not worth to u to getta $100 factory midpipe off a member,spend an hour to install it an smog it yourself for that one CLEAN NON WHOOPED worth every penny foxbody [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ I agree...OP's whining is hilarious. You are looking for a car that is 20 years old, i think you would be lucky to find one that has cats that still function at this point. Plus, for the amount of money people are selling them for you really think they are gonna go out of there way to suit you? Pretty sure most of them would tell you to **** off and look elsewhere.

[ September 22, 2012, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Y2K 281 ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

You want to sell your car? You put the god damn pipe on, and follow the law by smogging it as required. What if the pipe you get has shit cats? What if the smog pump is fucked? What if a fuckload of other problems? "Buyer must smog" = there's something wrong and I can't smog it myself. If you're serious about selling it, do the fucking work yourself and make the damn sale. I can buy any car I want, you can only sell the one you have. Your bad for losing potential buyers for being lazy. If you're too lazy to install the midpipe and smog it, what else are you too lazy to do?

I've been playing with these cars for over 10 years. I've seen who owns them now. I'm mostly just disappointed they're being abused and beaten to shit and neglected.

[ September 22, 2012, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

And don't get me started on smog deletes and long tubes.....
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crooked smog ftmw o yea... 100bucks for midpipe and an hour of work on your back all the lost sweat might aswell pay the 200 bucks and its a done deal not saying this is what i did just throwing it out there..lol plz dont pm me i dont know any shops whats so ever thanks.....

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I've had 7 Foxes, all with cars in between, I just can't escape their allure [Razz]

Like a slut? You had good bitches in between but you just cant stop thinkin about or stop going back to that slut.....?

Well, lemme tell you this baby boy.....that slut is filthy, very filthy but a fuckin performer.

You wont get that out of the good bitch, no matter how hard you try she will never be the slut.....so go with it........go towards the light and the filth.....let the slut allure you....

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
Crooked smog ftmw o yea... 100bucks for midpipe and an hour of work on your back all the lost sweat might aswell pay the 200 bucks and its a done deal not saying this is what i did just throwing it out there..lol plz dont pm me i dont know any shops whats so ever thanks.....

I had a hookup when I was building my 600hp 408...he's about 5 years through his 10 year stint in the pen now. [dance]

I just don't understand how only 1 in 10 foxes is smoggable at this point. Seriously, have any of you people dynoed before and after? It isn't fucking worth it. Do you know what the fine is if you're popped? MORE THAN THE CAR IS WORTH.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I had a hookup when I was building my 600hp 408...he's about 5 years through his 10 year stint in the pen now. [dance]

I just don't understand how only 1 in 10 foxes is smoggable at this point. Seriously, have any of you people dynoed before and after? It isn't fucking worth it. Do you know what the fine is if you're popped? MORE THAN THE CAR IS WORTH.

Did you sell your 600hp 408? If yes, did you smog it first?

Did it make 600hp through the cats?

Hehehe Im jus fuckin with you.

Pot, kettle, black.

Go to the filthy slut....do it....you can clean her up.....maybe?

--------------------

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

Like a slut? You had good bitches in between but you just cant stop thinkin about or stop going back to that slut.....?

Well, lemme tell you this baby boy.....that slut is filthy, very filthy but a fuckin performer.

You wont get that out of the good bitch, no matter how hard you try she will never be the slut.....so go with it........go towards the light and the filth.....let the slut allure you....

I don't want the 20 year veteran who turns them out for tricks for 5 dollar rocks. I need that high end debutante where you're paying 3000 for the room, thats before you even get to play.
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

quote:
quote:
quote:

Did you sell your 600hp 408? If yes, did you smog it first?

Did it make 600hp through the cats?

Hehehe Im jus fuckin with you.

Pot, kettle, black.

Go to the filthy slut....do it....you can clean her up.....maybe?

Nope, got in to bikes, sold the roller and the drivetrain separately.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't want the 20 year veteran who turns them out for tricks for 5 dollar rocks. I need that high end debutante where you're paying 3000 for the room, thats before you even get to play.
No, no, no. You speak of whores. They are the cars (7 I think you said) that you had in between as well as the good bitches.....

Im talking about the SLUTS!!!!!!!

LOL

Good luck finding what you want but I suggest if you are serious perhaps contact Louie 03 cobra. He has what you want.

Dan

--------------------

87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You sir should not be in the market for a fox body or older model stang!! Most probably wouldn't pass smog with cats anyway! I hear the new 5.0 is cool [dance]

[ September 22, 2012, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: 87coupe510 ]

--------------------
RAIN OR SHINE I STAY SIDEWAYS IN MY STANG!!!!!!!!!!!
1993 Coupe "Stock" "It's Just Exhaust"

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Well I did see a nice one that met his requirements but looks like a drive to sac from sf was too far, correct?

Car was sold almost instantly tho.........

Dan

--------------------

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Which, the black notch with the video? No cats on that one. And ya, I'm not ACHING for one. I'd drive all over the state for an actual clean t-top though...

I'm currently dealing on an 03 GT with IRS and the Maximum Motors Max Grip box. Maybe you're right, maybe it is time to give up on the foxes.

Or I'll end up having to shell out for a Cobra.

88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey buddy I have a fully built 331 Stroker everything smog legal that passes smog with flying colors with cats still on, no damn check engine lights or leaks reciepts for everything and full mm suspension handles like a dream well over 12k into it. Ill smog no problem legally got 8k cash and lets make it happen have maintaince records and pass smog certificates...oh yeah its a clean title 5 spd if your serious about buying a fox and stop crying about the smog bring me 80 hundred dollars bills and will take it to any smog shop of your choice and sign some paper work...lmk [patriot]
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Frown] I haven't smogged my car in 8 years [Wink]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

quote:
Originally posted by 88cobraclone:
Hey buddy I have a fully built 331 Stroker everything smog legal that passes smog with flying colors with cats still on, no damn check engine lights or leaks reciepts for everything and full mm suspension handles like a dream well over 12k into it. Ill smog no problem legally got 8k cash and lets make it happen have maintaince records and pass smog certificates...oh yeah its a clean title 5 spd if your serious about buying a fox and stop crying about the smog bring me 80 hundred dollars bills and will take it to any smog shop of your choice and sign some paper work...lmk [patriot]

You in the Bay Area? Got any pics?

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com