Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Looks like police brutality? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Looks like police brutality?
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the guy was on the ground and wasnt trying to get up......cop over did it in m eyes...shoulda left him on the ground and waited for back up......if i recall he had the stun gun on him anyways

[ August 30, 2012, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleenssc14:
Wow how do you even assume innocent??? The video captured ZERO% of what happened before the police officer restrained the fat guy. The police officer WILL get away with this because you could hear the people in the back ground ALL yell "Your gonna get paid!" WTF Are you serious? If your really innocent and didn't commit any crime why would money be the first thing you want?

Money would be the first thing I'd think of when the police are beating your ass on camera, didnt Rodney king cash in??? But that one didn't matter cause we didn't see the high speed chase or what really happened before he got beat. The cops over the line when he kicks someone in the face for puking. Protect and serve my ass and I hope he gets paid lottery style.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cops are on the edge Every minute of their shift. Reaching for the back pocket or reaching anywhere after being told to remain still will make any cop reach for their weapon.

Kick in the face...lol. Maybe justified if he really did beat a woman. my .02. But not by a cop.

Cops are people also, some are good and many are bad. But still a cop that will eventually serve and protect someone out there. Officer Zilge might have been a good cop who had some BAD judgement that day. But probably saved a woman from getting her ass beat by Hightower.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People call police brutality on anything these days. Nobody cares. It isn't 1992 anymore.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not police brutality? Are you fucks blind!? What the fuck gives you the right to kick a motherfucker in the face when he is on the ground not trying to get up? How about one of you lay on the ground N I kick you in the face, that certain cop looked like he had something against that dude kuz he kept at it N seemed to be the only one trying to hurt him but hey cops aren't crooked N always do the right thing, FUCK THE POLICE!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did u guys read why the guy was getting arrested for? Dude beat up a woman the night before and said he was going to kill her. So I think the kick to the face was nothing for what he did. Sorry but a big ass nigga putting hands on a girl deserves to get smash the Fuck out.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
Did u guys read why the guy was getting arrested for? Dude beat up a woman the night before and said he was going to kill her. So I think the kick to the face was nothing for what he did. Sorry but a big ass nigga putting hands on a girl deserves to get smash the Fuck out.

Yeah cuz bitches never lie.....

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

Yeah cuz bitches never lie.....
I'm not saying people don't lie. But I just don't see why a man would hit a woman. If u get cheated on or lie too. Then move on.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's change some facts up a little and see if this was still kinda ok????

So the black guy was a business owner that was very successful and just happened to be white

The assault charge, came from a child that you didn't buy the game that he wanted the night before. So he gets mad a goes to school and says his dad beats him, and if he told anyone he would kill him

And your walking some where with a group a friends ( we will just say they all happen to be black) and this happens????

Same senerio different facts

The police take you to jail for hitting your friends, kids, wife's/gf, animals, and even your girlfriends car so why can the hit?

WRONG IS WRONG

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
mrsmcizzle
¯
Member # 9643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsmcizzle  Ford pictures for mrsmcizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
That guy just needed to BE EASY BRO.

And of course is police brutality, its the hood buddy. A cop waving at you is considered police brutality there.

I would love to see u in person just so I could fuck u in the mouth! Ignorance is not cute, until u actually live in the hood and witness police treatment of civilians u have no room to make sarcastic comments!
Posts: 166 | From: oakland, ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mrsmcizzle:
quote:

And of course is police brutality, its the hood buddy. A cop waving at you is considered police brutality there.

I would love to see u in person just so I could fuck u in the mouth! Ignorance is not cute, until u actually live in the hood and witness police treatment of civilians u have no room to make sarcastic comments!
he owns a chevy so the ignorance explains itself [Razz]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Police have to act like that in the 'hood' because that's where the majority of the crimes take place or originate from. They have to be on edge because you never know who is around with a gun or if the guy himself is armed. It's a pretty simple concept.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So if you're in the hood patrolling you:

-Have someone lay on their stomach
-N kick them in the face because it won't cause everyone around to go crazy
-Act like everyone has a gun N overreact

Sounds logical [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The kick to the grill when the man was choking was NOT JUST! When he was being walked to the car I don't know if he was tensing up. Both officers responded at the exact same time so I'm sure they both felt something right then. The kick to the face was rediculous 100%, I don't care if the man shot someone just before, that kick was rediculous.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

mrsmcizzle
¯
Member # 9643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsmcizzle  Ford pictures for mrsmcizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
quote:

Police have to act like that in the 'hood' because that's where the majority of the crimes take place or originate from. They have to be on edge because you never know who is around with a gun or if the guy himself is armed. It's a pretty simple concept.
let me ask u a question? How many times have u ever heard of hood folks attacking police officers? The people that police officers are sworn to protect rather it be in the hood or not should be treated with dignity and respect. I mean if I was a cop should I treat every young white boy like he's about to shoot up a school? Or every middle age white man like he's about to murder his wife and unborn child? Or even every older white man with shades on like he's about to blow up a fuckin building? yea the hood can be dangerous but how many black serial killers are there, pedophiles, etc? Crime is crime a cops temperament shouldn't be based on geographical location that's all im sayin.
mrsmcizzle
¯
Member # 9643

And to make my point clearer even if that man beat up a woman the night b4 to deserve a kick to the face how kicks did that man get for killing those people at the movies?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For you to say it shouldn't be geographical is moronic at best! What do police offers make who work in Oakland and what do police officers make who work say in Cotati (hour north of Oakland)

You are paid A LOT more for working in areas with high gang rates etc BECAUSE YOUR LIFE IS MORE AT RISK!

--------------------

mrsmcizzle
¯
Member # 9643

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
For you to say it shouldn't be geographical is moronic at best! What do police offers make who work in Oakland and what do police officers make who work say in Cotati (hour north of Oakland)

You are paid A LOT more for working in areas with high gang rates etc BECAUSE YOUR LIFE IS MORE AT RISK!

officers in Oakland dont get paid I kno because I used to be 1! So u mean to tell me that ur attitude would be bias in 1 area where people kill each other everyday vs. Another area where its a shitload of pedophiles and every once in a while someone ups and kills everyone in their family? U sir are dumb as fuck! Like I said crime is crime! A police officers attitude should be the same no matter where they are because the most grusome crimes happen where they least expect I.e OUTSIDE OF THE "HOOD"!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

officers in Oakland dont get paid I kno because I used to be 1! So u mean to tell me that ur attitude would be bias in 1 area where people kill each other everyday vs. Another area where its a shitload of pedophiles and every once in a while someone ups and kills everyone in their family? U sir are dumb as fuck! Like I said crime is crime! A police officers attitude should be the same no matter where they are because the most grusome crimes happen where they least expect I.e OUTSIDE OF THE "HOOD"!
You are moronic, AND WRONG, but it's ok, to you atleast [Wink]

An officer who patrols Oakland area makes 3 fold what an officer who patrols Cotati, Rohnert Park, Windsor etc. Why do they make SO MUCH MORE for patrolling that area, BECAUSE THEIR LIVES ARE MORE AT RISK MORON

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

N about slamming people on the car I understand that because they are suppose to when you tense up or any other form of resisting. It does suck though kuz I've been slammed against a wall before, they get a lil rowdy. lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

nineteen90coupe
¯
Member # 8034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineteen90coupe  Ford pictures for nineteen90coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You all have good valid points. If the guy did beat up his girlfriend the night before then yes dude needs a ass whoopin. The girlfriend could have lied and false accused him too. If thats the case then thats fucked.maybe the cop knew something about the assault and or about the guy in the past and took it personal. Either way the officer fucked up in my opinion. I'm not a cop. I don't know how it feels to be in their shoes. I bet it is extremely stressfull. But, I feel there job is to make the right decisions at all times no matter what scenario they are in. And in this one he screwed up. And lets say the guy did in fact deserve it. Why would you do it right there making the situation worse than what it should be.

--------------------
1990 lx coupe

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, maybe we can all be rational and not emotional when breaking this down.

1. The suspect was not kicked in the face as people claim. The person recording remarked verbally that he was kicked in the chest. After the suspect was kicked, he reached for his chest, not for his face. If you've ever been struck in the face, you would know your first reaction would be not to reach for your shoulder.

2. The suspect's left hand was at his side, near his waistband. The suspect's clothing was loose and baggy (surprise) which can conceal weapons. The suspect was uncooperative, demonstrated by his yelling, and was literally twice the size of the officer.

The police officer likely leaned down to check if the suspect had any weapons, but it is more than likely difficult to tell if the suspect is wearing loose clothing. If he was wearing spandex, probably would be a little easier. Apparently, that is not hardcore, however.

3. Although the kick looks somewhat brutal, one can articulate the lawfulness of the kick out of purposes of officer safety. If the officer reasonably believed the uncooperative subject could retrieve a weapon from his loose and baggy clothing, thus endangering his safety as well as bystanders, he would be justified in the kick to determine if there was anything concealed on the right side of his waistband. We see the left side of the suspect's body in the video, but we don't see the right side, which is almost flush to the chainlink fence.

4. You see the officer constantly adjust his position, relative to the bystanders when you watch the video. There are at least several people there telling the suspect that he is going to get paid. In case any one has any difficulty with the concept, maybe they are not on the officer's side.

The officer cannot read their minds; if he could he would probably be pulling down alot more money doing something else.

So in summary, you have a hostile suspect who resisted enough to justify use of a taser and mace at your feet, and three or four "unfriendlies" hovering around behind you. Sounds like the recipe for success. What if one of the unfriendlies is armed? What if one of them decides to help their friend, because well, FTP! The officer is an a bad position. Any of you with street smarts can at least recognize that, cause I doubt you'd want to have several unfriendlies at your back.

5. We didn't see what happened immediately preceding the video, but it is possible something kinda serious happened to justify use of mace and/or taser.

6. Most people are not educated when it comes to the laws of arrest or their rights. Doesn't hurt to learn them.

Also doesn't hurt to be respectful to the police.
Now, I know many will argue that respect is earned. Alright, there's probably alot of truth to that.

But you can best be assured that any officer will have a healthy respect for a person in possession of a gun, because the officer realizes the inherent danger the other person could pose. Yet people enjoy running their mouths to police, who apparently possess guns. But it's part of the job right?

So, I don't really understand the disconnect here. Put another way: try not to piss off ARMED people. It's kind of a good general rule to live by.

7. The officers slammed the suspect on the hood. Who's to say he didn't nut up? Point is, we all aren't there. You have probably a 120 degree field of vision out of that camera. You didn't have to "escort" the suspect to the car, so you could not feel whether or not the person is tensing up.

You don't think a suspect can pose a threat while handcuffed? Some still try to break away and run. Some conceal keys. Some like to headbutt, some like to spit. Don't think many of you would take kindly to someone with the HIV or hepatitis spitting at you. [Wink] It's hard to evaluate because none of us are there.

8. It's easy to sit back and judge, you have the convenience of doing so from the comfort of your chair behind a key board, while you snack on popcorn. The problem is most of these type of incidents happen very quickly, and then you'll have bystanders, the media, your own employer, and attorneys digesting and breaking down what happened in a split-second over days or months.

With all this being said, I wasn't there, so it's hard to completely judge. If the officers were being indiscriminately brutal for no reason, then they should be punished accordingly.

However, if there is a justifiable and legitimate reason for their actions, I don't think people should be so quick to judge in an emotional manner.

Maybe people empathize with the suspect when they watch such a video because they believe they have been treated poorly by the police in the past.

92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleenssc14:
Im for the police... no police brutality at all. The cop is alone with no back up and there are too many bystanders around so he is doing what he has too to get in and out of there.

I am to for the police, but as a soon as he kicked the guy when he was just laying there, is horrible. He wasn't trying to escape, or get up or do anything. Straight up BS.

But this doesn't mean every cop is like this.

50Mustang
¯
Member # 3108

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Mustang  Ford pictures for 50Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It seems like those three main cops have seen the movie Freelancers one too many times. If you haven't seen it watch it.

--------------------
"Theirs no such thing as to much horsepower and torque"

nineteen90coupe
¯
Member # 8034

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for nineteen90coupe  Ford pictures for nineteen90coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well said graylx........
quote:
Originally posted by graylx:
Well, maybe we can all be rational and not emotional when breaking this down.

1. The suspect was not kicked in the face as people claim. The person recording remarked verbally that he was kicked in the chest. After the suspect was kicked, he reached for his chest, not for his face. If you've ever been struck in the face, you would know your first reaction would be not to reach for your shoulder.

2. The suspect's left hand was at his side, near his waistband. The suspect's clothing was loose and baggy (surprise) which can conceal weapons. The suspect was uncooperative, demonstrated by his yelling, and was literally twice the size of the officer.

The police officer likely leaned down to check if the suspect had any weapons, but it is more than likely difficult to tell if the suspect is wearing loose clothing. If he was wearing spandex, probably would be a little easier. Apparently, that is not hardcore, however.

3. Although the kick looks somewhat brutal, one can articulate the lawfulness of the kick out of purposes of officer safety. If the officer reasonably believed the uncooperative subject could retrieve a weapon from his loose and baggy clothing, thus endangering his safety as well as bystanders, he would be justified in the kick to determine if there was anything concealed on the right side of his waistband. We see the left side of the suspect's body in the video, but we don't see the right side, which is almost flush to the chainlink fence.

4. You see the officer constantly adjust his position, relative to the bystanders when you watch the video. There are at least several people there telling the suspect that he is going to get paid. In case any one has any difficulty with the concept, maybe they are not on the officer's side.

The officer cannot read their minds; if he could he would probably be pulling down alot more money doing something else.

So in summary, you have a hostile suspect who resisted enough to justify use of a taser and mace at your feet, and three or four "unfriendlies" hovering around behind you. Sounds like the recipe for success. What if one of the unfriendlies is armed? What if one of them decides to help their friend, because well, FTP! The officer is an a bad position. Any of you with street smarts can at least recognize that, cause I doubt you'd want to have several unfriendlies at your back.

5. We didn't see what happened immediately preceding the video, but it is possible something kinda serious happened to justify use of mace and/or taser.

6. Most people are not educated when it comes to the laws of arrest or their rights. Doesn't hurt to learn them.

Also doesn't hurt to be respectful to the police.
Now, I know many will argue that respect is earned. Alright, there's probably alot of truth to that.

But you can best be assured that any officer will have a healthy respect for a person in possession of a gun, because the officer realizes the inherent danger the other person could pose. Yet people enjoy running their mouths to police, who apparently possess guns. But it's part of the job right?

So, I don't really understand the disconnect here. Put another way: try not to piss off ARMED people. It's kind of a good general rule to live by.

7. The officers slammed the suspect on the hood. Who's to say he didn't nut up? Point is, we all aren't there. You have probably a 120 degree field of vision out of that camera. You didn't have to "escort" the suspect to the car, so you could not feel whether or not the person is tensing up.

You don't think a suspect can pose a threat while handcuffed? Some still try to break away and run. Some conceal keys. Some like to headbutt, some like to spit. Don't think many of you would take kindly to someone with the HIV or hepatitis spitting at you. [Wink] It's hard to evaluate because none of us are there.

8. It's easy to sit back and judge, you have the convenience of doing so from the comfort of your chair behind a key board, while you snack on popcorn. The problem is most of these type of incidents happen very quickly, and then you'll have bystanders, the media, your own employer, and attorneys digesting and breaking down what happened in a split-second over days or months.

With all this being said, I wasn't there, so it's hard to completely judge. If the officers were being indiscriminately brutal for no reason, then they should be punished accordingly.

However, if there is a justifiable and legitimate reason for their actions, I don't think people should be so quick to judge in an emotional manner.

Maybe people empathize with the suspect when they watch such a video because they believe they have been treated poorly by the police in the past.

--------------------
1990 lx coupe

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com