Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 12s with gt40p's stock bottom end?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 12s with gt40p's stock bottom end??
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i was thinking about taking my p heads off and sending em to robs machine shop in hayward and getting a 3 or 5 angle valve job, and getting the tfs valve spring kit with a swirl port job. big difference???

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Fuck yes it is.

Stock 302, Explorer intake, GT40ps, b303, 1.7s, 1-3/4 LTs. 2.73's and bald Mickeys.

-
 -

-

i'll call BS

no way could you 1.94 60' and then get a 105 trap speed with 2.73's on that combo. i bet you sprayed it and dont wanna ante up

cuz it doesnt add up

and to the OP, it'll be tuff on 3.55's too, your relying on RPM and leverage when your under 300 HP, and the 3.55 wont give that to you

with 4.10's and 300 hp you can do mid 12's tho...my '89 did that all day long

13.20's on motor and 12.50's on a 75 shot
all stock motor just 4.10's , long tubes, and on a notch

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i shouldnt be too cynical.....i should add that ...if your car doesnt weigh 2900 lbs it couldnt do that

he has a full weight GT that should go 3400-3500 with no driver on average

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707clone:
yea i was thinking about taking my p heads off and sending em to robs machine shop in hayward and getting a 3 or 5 angle valve job, and getting the tfs valve spring kit with a swirl port job. big difference???

Why go that far?..fm machine did my heads fine..valve job new valves..springs etc..but if your gonna do that you might as well pick up a cheap set of edelbrock performers in the for sale section for 600$..jus sayin
Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend Mike just ran an 11.5 with a stock bottom end 302 with stock gt-40 heads. And that's ALL MOTOR! No accessories, Manifold, Dominator carb, electric water pump, longtubes, weight reduction and very limited susp mods.

He races at sac raceway for those that don't believe it.

[ July 10, 2012, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeD.:
[qb]
no way could you 1.94 60' and then get a 105 trap speed with 2.73's on that combo. i bet you sprayed it and dont wanna ante up

cuz it doesnt add up

and to the OP, it'll be tuff on 3.55's too, your relying on RPM and leverage when your under 300 HP, and the 3.55 wont give that to you

with 4.10's and 300 hp you can do mid 12's tho...my '89 did that all day long

13.20's on motor and 12.50's on a 75 shot
all stock motor just 4.10's , long tubes, and on a notch

Lol, Ok bud. You can ask Turbo50. When I ran those 12 second passes, the car had a stock rear end, 4cyl springs, and stock upper and lower control arms. I bought a 3.55 rear end off Turbo50, and never took it back. That car has never even seen the bottle. If I still had it I'd let you drive it. Granted it had some decently ported P's and a heavily ported Explorer.
Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is his 11.9 from last year. He got it down to an 11.5 the last time i was out there a few weeks ago.

All Motor -stock bottom end 302 with stock gt40 heads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U-Jmov-bE0&list=UUmKOpTR0UCsiST3pPRifcUg&index=5&feature=plcp

[ July 10, 2012, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
Here is his 11.9 from last year. He got it down to an 11.5 the last time i was out there a few weeks ago.

All Motor -stock bottom end 302 with stock gt40 heads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U-Jmov-bE0&list=UUmKOpTR0UCsiST3pPRifcUg&index=5&feature=plcp

nice vid. and jae,i was gonna get those edelbrocks on here but decided i want to keep the iron heads. if and when i run at the track it wont be often.you already know im more of a donut guy [Frown]

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

ok...so NOW we're talking reality

and i quote..........

"Granted it had some decently ported P's and a heavily ported Explorer."

that is NOT a stock explorer, stock p heads and 2.73 setup

so thank you...and yeah....i was right

im 20+ YEARS IN THIS 5.0 GAME , i know what works

why you would run a 2.73 is far far far beyond me, but im curious to see the time slips on that

and yes...still calling BS.....what else you gonna cough up?

heres my timeslip from my 1995 non pi headded 5.0 vert aod

all stock and 2.73's, 87 octane and 8* timing

-

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't be a engine stand racer dude lol. being a dyno queen, or time slip pimp all suck. enjoy your car, and do the best it can do.
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

You know what...no comment

It takes a Good 260-275 hp to move 3100 lbs into the 12's

Every 100 lbs more is a tenth slower, and most gt's with a driver tag in about 3600

OP asked about his setup

[ July 11, 2012, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: nitrous_bob ]

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup got me buddy! I was on a super budget, and didn't have te money for gears at the time. Just wanted to see what it would do down the 1320. But really I have nothing to his. That cars long gone. It ran titties, and for what was done it was a freak.

Honest to god (althought I don't believe in that bs) that car never saw spray, and never went down te track with anything other than 2.73s.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Yup got me buddy! I was on a super budget, and didn't have te money for gears at the time. Just wanted to see what it would do down the 1320. But really I have nothing to his. That cars long gone. It ran titties, and for what was done it was a freak.

Honest to god (althought I don't believe in that bs) that car never saw spray, and never went down te track with anything other than 2.73s.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
haha...ok

of all the states who have the slowest cars......

no more coming from me

keep getting "sweet" info amongst yourselves

later guys.....i might pop in yearly from now on

howd that lawsuit go duncan ?

I ran 12.50 on e7s all motor no spray
[Wink]

Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been 11.80 with unported E7's, stock unported intake and throttle body. There are a handfull of guys out there running 10.6-10.9 with unported E7's and GT-40 style heads.... all N/A.

12's is not a problem for the average guy with minimal effort. Most are just too lazy to try. It's nice to see a few on here trying to push stock parts while others take the easy way out.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

and i quote..........

why you would run a 2.73 is far far far beyond me, but im curious to see the time slips on that

-

maybe on small nitrous if it really was all stock.

And Mike D.s car goes with those timeslips but the p heads are ported as was the intake...still hella budget I think he gave me 600 and a stock motor for that motor and I had to ring and bearing it, again.... lol

Nitrous bob know your shit but Mikey is legit

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

and i quote..........

-

maybe on small nitrous if it really was all stock.

And Mike D.s car goes with those timeslips but the p heads are ported as was the intake...still hella budget I think he gave me 600 and a stock motor for that motor and I had to ring and bearing it, again.... lol

Nitrous bob know your shit but Mikey is legit

Hey, I gave you 600, a stock motor and another set of gt40ps...

I am forever grateful of that though lol

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com