Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » DOWN WITHDUNCAN MTOTORS!!!!!! HE SWAPPED OUT MY MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION PART 1 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DOWN WITHDUNCAN MTOTORS!!!!!! HE SWAPPED OUT MY MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION PART 1
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
****YES YOU READ CORRECTLY, I HAD "SOME WORK" DONE AT DUNCAN MOTOR'S SHOP AND THE CAR CAME BACK WITH A DIFFERENT MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION*******

So im going to start the story like this, im Derrick AKA Treetop the 2nd half of TOTALKAOS92 and my cousin is Steve the Better half of the bunch, we have been sharing the name for years. Alot of you have had transactions with the both of us over the years, and correct me if im wrong but nobody on the board can say either of us have sold them bullshit parts, or made any transaction difficult.
So I'm not coming on here to look for people to join a team of any sort, but im putting this on BLAST!!!

The story starts back in march this year when steve drove the car in question a 1997 ford mustang GT that I Derrick bought from FOXBODY in mid 2011, to infinion raceway for the world record for the most car doing donuts at one time. He did not do any donuts there at the track, but after leaving the track he went to vallejo with some friends. While out there he dumped the clutch once and the car cut off on him, and coasted to a stop on the side of the road. No noises like clang, bang of a motor blown. It simply wasn't getting no spark at all. We have people to vouch for this.
as they ALL tried to help him get it started. It would crank but not turn over. Being where he was he let the car sit at a friends house out in vallejo for a few days and made arrangments to get the car to DUNCAN MOTORS shop, where the car was for approx 2 weeks.

I would like to state that 2 months after I bought the car from FOXBODY I rebuilt a 2002 gt motor for the car at the shop I work at and installed the motor after hours.
And also Steve purchaced a rebuilt T45 transmission from FOXBODY that was installed 216 miles ago....
Only reason I did not diagnose the car my self was I was working a new job where I was working 12-17 hours 6 days a week.

March 23, 2012 the car goes in Yon's shop, However... Yon wasn't going to be able to look at it because he was going to the good guys car show so he would take a look that following Monday.

Yon started off by changing the computer in the mustang, said that was not it.

Yon changed the crank position sensor, that was not it.
Yon then said he changed the reluctor ring (sorry if I misspelled) in side the timing cover.

He then said that he got the car to run for 10 minutes, but cut it off to do something to it. When he started it back up it was knocking, so he called Steve and told him that his motor crank shaft had cracked in half was no good and that he needed to pick up the car, or he can find a motor for him. BUT HE HAD TO PAY A 200 BUCK DIAGNOSIS FEE!!!!

Steve had the car towed to my house on April 6th, 2012, where its been sitting the past 3 months waiting on funds to put another motor in the car.
(have the street sweeping tickets to prove it [Mad] )

So yesterday June 26th, 2012, I go outside and start to take the motor out and notice how dirty the engine was. Mind you when I popped the hood all the spark plug wires were off, except 1 and the spark plugs were out of the block. Found that to be a little odd since Yon suppose have ran the car for 10 minutes. So I call steve, who takes bus and bart to work cause his cars been down and finally got the funds to fix the car, go pick him up and gets his opinion. Which was "THATS NOT MY MOTOR" !!! So we started really looking closer. The motor that was in the car when it was dropped off was a clean, oil free motor and an even cleaner transmission with less then 500 miles. Thats not what we had in front of us. So I call a few buddies over to help me make sure im not crazy. One of them being my friend I work with at the shop that assisted in the build of the motor "I" put in the car. We checked the oil "NO OIL", We checked the radiator "WATER IN IT" I used atifreeze, we checked the power steering "EMPTY".... No timing cover gaskets or signs of a timing cover being removed. The Valve covers have two different bar codes and a part number going to a 99 Crown Victoria

We are still thinking we might be crazy until we put the car on jack stands, and notice the "TREMEC" in the car, BUT THE DIRTY ASS TREMEC!!! thats when it was confirmed. you can see in the video of the car that im going to post that its not the T45 borg warner that Steve bought from FOXBODY about a month proir to the car going to DUNCAN MOTORS.

So Steve and I go to Duncans shop today to ask if he wanted to make things right, and of course he completely denied everything, almost wanted to act like he didnt know of the car or STeve

So like I told him things will not go the way he thinks!!!! in those exact words [Mad]

I really feel like Yon thought Steve would just take his car to another shop cause Steve dont know shit about cars and the problem would never come up, especially being that Yon stated he thought FOXBODY or HAULINGASS had installed the engine. But we confirmed that I had built the engine and "HE DOESN'T SPECIALIZE IN 4.6 MOTORS" If he didn't know...WHY TAKE THE JOB INT THE FIRST PLACE???

to be continued.... [Mad]

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In on one
MachYou
¯
Member # 7934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MachYou  Ford pictures for MachYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SS396chevelle:
In on one

Getting pop corn

--------------------
All Bullshit Stops When the Hands Drop

Posts: 726 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MachYou:
quote:
In on one

Getting pop corn
I got the beers.who's going to bbq
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] someones got some explaining to do!

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
MachYou
¯
Member # 7934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MachYou  Ford pictures for MachYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MachYou:
quote:
In on one

Getting pop corn
I got the beers.who's going to bbq
I'll get some trip tip and oysters if you get the pit going

--------------------
All Bullshit Stops When the Hands Drop

Posts: 726 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IBTL

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BLK35th:
IBTL

this shouldn't get locked because that saleen wing incident thread stayed open forever and this one seems like more of a serious situation.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hopefully the O.P. isnt the same Guy who shorted duncan some money when he first opened his shop yeaaarrss ago. if so this whole situation just got interesting.

if your not the guy im thinking of my bad for accusing.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn I just read all that on my phone [Eek!]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like how the thread says part 1 , so that way we all know a sequel is on the way!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just grabbed a burrito and going to watch some UFC to practice some choke holds later....this could be good entertainment

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
I like how the thread says part 1 , so that way we all know a sequel is on the way!

stop! i cant handle all this excitement!
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't people also accuse duncan of installing parts on that guy nastynotchs car?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

1SLW4DR
¯
Member # 11498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLW4DR  Ford pictures for 1SLW4DR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ill bring the bottles and bitches yeeee.
Hope you get your situation sorted out.

--------------------
03 mercury marauder

TireSmokingHooligan.

cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
I just grabbed a burrito and going to watch some UFC to practice some choke holds later....this could be good entertainment

Hahahaha!
SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok im in, if this is true this is some bullshit and as short tempered as i am id already of fucked up and been in a hole different situation" hats off to you for keeping your cool and trying to get shit figured out in a different way, cafords way! FTMFW! [patriot] [Cool]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PFL

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
PFL

Pudridos For Life?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I hope Duncan can clear this up ASAP! Good luck to both parties [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SAV650HAB:
ok im in, if this is true this is some bullshit and as short tempered as i am id already of fucked up and been in a hole different situation" hats off to you for keeping your cool and trying to get shit figured out in a different way, cafords way! FTMFW! [patriot] [Cool]

All bullshit aside there was a lot of thought into how to go about this. It's very hard to believe until you see the car and the signs it show of the Motor Trans swap.

Swear to god I stop and talked to a sheriff that was parked down the street from Duncan's shop getting advice and letting him know what was going on before I went to Duncan's shop

Like I said this shit will not go how he thinks

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:

Hahahahahaha [worship] [worship] yes!! Post of the month! [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
1quick302
¯
Member # 10887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1quick302  Ford pictures for 1quick302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's about to go down!!! (Kevin hart voice)

--------------------
92' white GT "stock"
89' red devil coupe AKA 1quick302

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com