Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Member: foxbody (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Member: foxbody
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey it seems like it was your problem cause you didn't get the full inspection. And I also agree with Foxbody, its not a part of your motor, all I can say is try to re-sell it or have Foxbody trying to resell if he wants to, personally I wouldn't after your redailing like a champ. Foxbody is an excellent seller and he is a San Jose Native so its easy to get to him and I think you are the first person to run into any negative shit with him

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
me and Steve both thought it might have been cervinis at first because the cobra bumper that was also on the car was cervinis
But I know cervinis wouldn't have this issue
He sold into me for 100 I'll sell it for 50$

You do understand with even a Cervini's wing would need some trimming right? and you do know that all new fiberglass pieces will need sanding and trimming right?

Sounds like you were looking for a cheap deal without understanding what it takes to make something right.

Having to fit a light into a wing is really not that hard and actually pretty common.

I'm really going to get a kick out of it when you buy another wing online just to find out you'll still need to trim and sand here and there to get things perfect.

[ June 14, 2012, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Sco Cuddie ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1ST0KGT:
I think you are the first person to run into any negative shit with him

NOT EVEN CLOSE, however in this case I do not think he's in the wrong.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
damn cant do the work yourself
sell your car pal [Embarrassed]

my suspension alone is worth more than ur whole car pal
Talk to me wen u got Somthing that can hang with me

[ June 14, 2012, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
damn cant do the work yourself
sell your car pal [Embarrassed]

my suspension alone is worth more than ur whole car pal
And your cryin about a wing? A saleen wing at that? Ugly ass pos ill give 20 bucks to let me run it over in my truck ill record it and post it on here [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OP stop taking this into a place it doesn't need to be.

we want pictures because if its OBVIOUS that work would need to be done for it to fit, then that's on you for passing that up. from what you're saying, it's gonna take more than a little fabrication to get this to fit. You couldn't tell when you looked at it??

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea lol I'm all done cryin about it

If somebody would like to donate an m1000 or maybe two m80s I'd be glad to post the vid

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If somebody would like to donate an m1000 or maybe two m80s I'd be glad to post the vid

make sure you inspect them 1st...we don't want a

"XXXXXX1234 gave me a DUD!" type thread, lol.

[ June 14, 2012, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: jaehow23 ]

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
OP stop taking this into a place it doesn't need to be.

we want pictures because if its OBVIOUS that work would need to be done for it to fit, then that's on you for passing that up. from what you're saying, it's gonna take more than a little fabrication to get this to fit. You couldn't tell when you looked at it??

I didn't bring a 3rd brake light on it to test it I came of a car and was painted from looking a it it looks like a good quality wing
It now clear why it never had one installed
It is what it is

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Bro I'm preety sure someone has a light that's already been made to fit that wing [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Saleen wing requires its own 3rd brake light. A GT brake light won't work. Quit your bitching and sell the wing or buy the correct light.

I've never dealt with Foxbody but he seems super legit.

Next to that. Saleen wings are gay. Cobra wing FTW!

[ June 14, 2012, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: x Raelsmar x ]

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ June 14, 2012, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: ed650 ]

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:

Maybe he didn't know. You've been texting me, not him.....
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Im ready! Where you at? LOL

Not sure how much damage it would do but it would be fun!

-

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
quote:

-

Id like stick one of those in the 3rd brake light housing call it a day
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Bro I'm preety sure someone has a light that's already been made to fit that wing [Confused] [Confused]
I think I have the light. Looks like a GT light though but one day I noticed it was shaved around.

I did have it on a saleen wing that I sold and it fit right. LMK if your interested or blow up the wing up to you lol [patriot]

Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSF_5.0_WARRIOR:
quote:
quote:

I think I have the light. Looks like a GT light though but one day I noticed it was shaved around.

I did have it on a saleen wing that I sold and it fit right. LMK if your interested or blow up the wing up to you lol [patriot]

cmon bro killing our fun...
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
quote:

-

I want one or two [Smile]
cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
saleen 3rd brake light:  -

Gt 3rd brake light:  -

Lx 3rd brake light riced out:  -

cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also after a little research:

http://www.cervinis.com/79-93mustang-saleen-wing-hatchback.html

Designed to add down force to the rear of the car for traction and stability at high speeds. Utilizes 87-93 GT Hatchback 3rd brake light. LX models require 3rd brake light which is sold separately. The Hatchback Wing bolts to factory locations on 87-93 GT. On all other models, holes must be filled and new holes drilled. Includes T-stems which simplify locating the holes to be drilled. The wing comes complete with hardware and gaskets that seal the holes. Fits 79-93 LX or GT Hatchback.

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn all you need is the right light that goes on there bro [patriot] Im not going to bash on you just because everyone else is. But I do understand that buying aftermarket fiberglass parts there is always a fitment issue or some trimming to do . But with the third brake light not fitting right, you would think something like that should bolt in with maybe just a little sanding . But I would of done more search on it before calling somone out because from what it looks like you just need to get the right light for it and your set. good luck .

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Yea I have the correct and only light designed for the saleen Wing as its the gt 3rd brakelight

Steve saleen used gt 3rd brakelight

Ask me how I know...

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yea I have the correct and only light designed for the saleen Wing as its the gt 3rd brakelight

Steve saleen used gt 3rd brakelight

Ask me how I know...

How?
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

I put a blacked out gt 3rd brakelight on my 87 saleen years ago I'm also a member on the saleen forum and other members told me that's the only light made for the saleen wing and ford used the same 3rd brakelight on the 93 cobra too

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I put a blacked out gt 3rd brakelight on my 87 saleen years ago I'm also a member on the saleen forum and other members told me that's the only light made for the saleen wing and ford used the same 3rd brakelight on the 93 cobra too

bingo we have a winner

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com