Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » In San Jose...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: In San Jose...
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are doing random smog checks?? On hellyer and senter supposably. Can anyone confirm I read it off a friends friend on facebook

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1ST0KGT:
They are doing random smog checks?? On hellyer and senter supposably. Can anyone confirm I read it off a friends friend on facebook

no shit!???? someone confirm!

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Monterey and senter road earlier !!! 9am. Fuckin crazy!

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why is everyone so shook off these checks if they are optional? They had a HUGE thread about this right about the time I joined last year and they said all you have to do is refuse and you could go..?

I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered from the discussion.

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who cares, they cant do shit anyways. they are just worried that a large majority of cars that are passing smog end up gross polluters anyways. they are finding out that the actual smog check dont really mean shit, since there is a small industry out there to help you just pass smog once.

nobody has gotten their shit taken cause of a voluntary smog check point, nor have they had their engine popped open for chp to ticket up, so enough with this smog check bullshit. they are not even worth talking about anymore

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
who cares, they cant do shit anyways. they are just worried that a large majority of cars that are passing smog end up gross polluters anyways. they are finding out that the actual smog check dont really mean shit, since there is a small industry out there to help you just pass smog once.

nobody has gotten their shit taken cause of a voluntary smog check point, nor have they had their engine popped open for chp to ticket up, so enough with this smog check bullshit. they are not even worth talking about anymore

[patriot]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there are like 50 million mustangs and camaros all raced out rolling around that area, it's like LA, i'm more surprised it didn't happen earlier.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What happens if they pull you over by force and they smog your shit and fail? With so much racing going on in San Jose lately I wouldn't doubt that the cops are trying to state ref anything

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol i forgot all about smog since i moved to AZ i dont ever have to smog my car agian and dont have to re register it for 5 more years and it was only $80 bucks..
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
lol i forgot all about smog since i moved to AZ i dont ever have to smog my car agian and dont have to re register it for 5 more years and it was only $80 bucks..

-

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1ST0KGT:
What happens if they pull you over by force and they smog your shit and fail? With so much racing going on in San Jose lately I wouldn't doubt that the cops are trying to state ref anything

nothing happens.so fellas take off the tin foil hats please
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

cool tell me that story again when its 115 outside.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
Why is everyone so shook off these checks if they are optional? They had a HUGE thread about this right about the time I joined last year and they said all you have to do is refuse and you could go..?

I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered from the discussion.

+1 just refuse and quit being p*ssys [Razz]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

quote:
Originally posted by SIC70STANG:
quote:

+1

--------------------
04/24/87-11/23/12

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC70STANG:
quote:

Lol
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

if they failed your car would you draw down on the smog guy?

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
quote:

if they failed your car would you draw down on the smog guy?
LOL

theres nothing better than california, even though we've got stupid ass laws. And yeah, San Jose has a lot more cars with aftermarket parts and shit, and way more muscle/import cars then i usually see driving around

[ June 06, 2012, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: SAMACH1 ]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

get outtta here

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
NINETY#FIFTY
¯
Member # 4866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NINETY#FIFTY  Ford pictures for NINETY#FIFTY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup. Last week on N 1st and sky port. San Jose. HP was right behind the mobile smog unit having cars line up to get checked..

--------------------
1990 #50 SALEEN 31K
1988 #363 SALEEN 68K
1993 #2572 COBRA 31k
1993 ACURA INTEGRA 102k
2014 HYUNDAI SONATA 171k

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder if you pass a roadside smog checkpoint, then your good for 2 years?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it looks like a few are getting it FINALLY..........
I will be happy when EVERYONE here understands these.
Please, Please pass this on to all your friends and family.

From my previous post:
Just so everyone knows you have a 100% right to refuse !!!!

I have been through these numorous times, they use to setup on a large 2 lane road down the road from my house.

Refused their "survey" everytime !

They use a CHP to direct a vehicle onto the dyno after a vehicle finishes and drives off. If you are the next vehicle CHP will direct you over to take the test.
Just tell them you are refusing the test, I told him flat out it was a waste of my time, taxpayer money, and CHP could be doing something (sure he could find SOMETHING in Stockton)and that I was refusing the test.
They are quite surprised when someone refuses because the use intimidation (use CHP)and never once yell you its voluntary.
As I have said, I have been through multiple stations .... I want EVERYONE to know you have the right to refuse !!!!
Nothing like refusing and driving by a few minutes later and reving the hell out of a Mustang (had glasspacks on it when I purchased 87 GT and resold the car right after)and the looks I got....... PRICELESS

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com