Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » how many of you guys run off road mid pipes on your DD? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: how many of you guys run off road mid pipes on your DD?
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you get caught by city pd or chp without cats, what is the result? Ticket? Hefty fine? Trip to the referee?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Does catless affect MPG on a mostly stock car?

I got 10-15 miles better at the end of the tank, but that could've been kuz my cats were clogged up.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1993GT
¯
Member # 7948

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 1993GT  Ford pictures for 1993GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had an officer write down " advisory loud mufflers" on a exhibition of speed ticket which turned Into racing after a few words. PS: dont argue with the police. Ended up a 30 day hold no referee though. That was with 1 3/4 bbk long tubes 2 1/2 bbk h pipe and cat back single chamber mufflers to 2 1/4 flow master chrome tail back tips. No internals just exhaust. Anyways a dd that's just looking for trouble.
Posts: 866 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
If you get caught by city pd or chp without cats, what is the result? Ticket? Hefty fine? Trip to the referee?

Yes, all of the above.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well let's say I owe 780 because I didn't go to state reff to fix my exhuast
Alex's 93 lx
¯
Member # 11125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex's 93 lx  Ford pictures for Alex's 93 lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got a ticket with the code CVC 27151 modified exhaust referee only, that's what the cop put on the ticket , do I Realy need to take my car to the referee , or what can I do , the cop said that I did not have cats without even looking under the car and when he stop me I was going like 5 miles per hour . Can I fight it

--------------------
93 fox

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Alex's 93 lx:
I just got a ticket with the code CVC 27151 modified exhaust referee only, that's what the cop put on the ticket , do I Realy need to take my car to the referee , or what can I do , the cop said that I did not have cats without even looking under the car and when he stop me I was going like 5 miles per hour . Can I fight it

Just install a catted h pipe and take it to the referree

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Alex's 93 lx
¯
Member # 11125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex's 93 lx  Ford pictures for Alex's 93 lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And are they just going to look at it or they are going to do a full smog test.?

--------------------
93 fox

Alex's 93 lx
¯
Member # 11125

And are they just going to look at it or they are going to do a full smog test.?

--------------------
93 fox

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never been to the referree but id say if your car looks stock then mayby wont need to smog

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

full on smog inspection an db test
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not worth the hassle for raspy smelly exhaust
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:

If the cop looks under your car and sees that you don't have cats he can fine you for no cats which is a $2,500 fine.. not really worth it.. your better off keeping 2 cats and getting 10 series flowmasters or slp loudmouth if your goal is too be really loud

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run the offroad X with 40 series and tailpipes. I want to get some of the fake cat shells or something, I dont like the idea of a $2500 fine.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's why I opted out on installing the off road H. I'm just gonna run some magnapacks until I find a Catted H/X

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
1993GT
¯
Member # 7948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1993GT  Ford pictures for 1993GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Referees are a full on inspection deal no exceptions anything that is not stock must have eo numbers. And pass the sniffer shells are a good idea even removing plaques from legal headers but once u go to referee they will pull everything up and inspect.
Posts: 866 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have run off road on my last 6 mustangs... NEVER once pulled over or checked for it. I don't drive stupid on the street and it seems to keep me out of trouble.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its all in how u drive,how u act,and where u live really..I've ran O/R x mid pipes for 10+ yrs with the quietest muffler being a 2 chamber flowmaster and anything from race bullets to MAC boom tubes and built foxes to my first cobra, and only had a single reffery/exhaust ticket and that was because I was 17 and dumb reving at a red light at my boy so I asked for it,didn't see the chp bike cop in the gas station lol,but I'm diehard and could GAF less about authority trying to sabotage my hobby an passion,there's way more problems in this state then my x pipe [Wink] [burnout]

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/z0RxvInOm9Q/hqdefault.jpg?w=160&h=120&sigh=jcdWViz1WFbxejJavseYrUKW5Xw

(Magnaflow irs catback/bbk o/r x pipe)

[ May 13, 2012, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never had cats on any mustang i ever owned.i drove around for 5 yrs in my cobra with longtubes offroad x and borla stingers no problems
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle aka fasthatch:
quote:

full on smog inspection an db test
Maybe SS396 Chevelle is right about the full smog and db test..Five years ago I got a ticket for modified exhaust..I went to the referee and he did a db test and signed the paper that it passed and he didn't tell me he had to smog it but again this was five years ago.I don't know about today's new laws.. [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com