Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » lets see your wakeboard boat setups! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: lets see your wakeboard boat setups!
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
do you have to extensively modify your alternators/add more to power these systems?

Is this a trick question? [Big Grin]
You dont have to.......but its nice to have!
I run 7 group 31 deep cycle batteries with a 210amp Balmar alternator. I've fried (2) 150 amp alternators that didnt have "smart"regulators. The balmar setup has been upgraded with custom pulleys to run (2) alternator belts and a "smart" regulator that has a temp. gauge built in. When the alterator gets too hot it will automatically decrease amperage output to allow the alternator to not overheat and kill itself.
[patriot]

no trick question, i figured you had to, i just wanted to know as to what extent, cause those are some serious systems, you guys have more stereo equipment than most concerts, lol and sorry for the thread jack.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Wow great advice! More than i expected thanks fellas lots of good info i didnt know. I can definitly feel the difference with the higher end boats with zero vibrations. Im looking to wakeboard more then anything with a nice big wake. Not worried about fitting a ton of people since most of my lake buddies havw there own boats

Sorry for kind of derailing your post here! What are your thoughts so far on the boats out there? Do you have a family you will be taking out? Day trips or weekend camping? [patriot]
haha no problem this stereo shit is a whole ne world to me! So far im leaning towards a sanger or a xstar. Any thoughts on tige'? I will be doing day trips and camping on shore for the weekends and just drop anchor next to my camp. My fam is small just my wife and 3yr old son
Right on man! My little girl is 3 also [Big Grin]
Nautiques dont have much storage because they were originally designed in Florida where most people have a lake on the water and when your done with your set you make your way back to your private dock or boat lift. Out here in Cali. most people set out for day trips where you want to bring the dog, coolers, food, bbq and whatever else you can think of. Thats where a larger boat with more storage comes in.
I havent heard much about Tige boats so I dont have anything to input on them. Of coarse, your going to hear hear horror stories with just about every boat.
[patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hear a lot of these newer boats, like 99+natiques,tige, mastercrafts have a lot of electrical issues, is this true? could these concert systems be the culprit?

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
do you have to extensively modify your alternators/add more to power these systems?

Is this a trick question? [Big Grin]
You dont have to.......but its nice to have!
I run 7 group 31 deep cycle batteries with a 210amp Balmar alternator. I've fried (2) 150 amp alternators that didnt have "smart"regulators. The balmar setup has been upgraded with custom pulleys to run (2) alternator belts and a "smart" regulator that has a temp. gauge built in. When the alterator gets too hot it will automatically decrease amperage output to allow the alternator to not overheat and kill itself.
[patriot]

no trick question, i figured you had to, i just wanted to know as to what extent, cause those are some serious systems, you guys have more stereo equipment than most concerts, lol and sorry for the thread jack.
Battery power is always nice with any stero on the water because you usually have people swimming and hanging out around the rear of the boat breathing exhaust fumes all day long can get old quick. A large battery bank will keep you rockin' it...let the good time roll [Big Grin]

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
i hear a lot of these newer boats, like 99+natiques,tige, mastercrafts have a lot of electrical issues, is this true? could these concert systems be the culprit?

I doubt it....I think is just the nature of the beast with there being more electronics/computers on board to do everything.
Ive had my share of electrical problems with my boat....but then again....so have my friends with other brands [patriot]

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had no problems with mine electrically. Your gonna see a lot of bad talk about every brand boat on the Internet because only the people with the problems are taking time to type about it. Most people don't go out of they're way to praise something that does what you bought it for. I am not brand loyal when it comes to anything I had a Malibu before my Mastercraft and I liked that boat too I just wanted something newer and bigger I have three kids. Don't be shy when looking for a boat tell them you wanna demo it look at every aspect new boats are basically the 2nd biggest purchase you will make besides the house take your time do your research find the boat that fits your needs. Some boats to be interested in

06-10 Malibu vlx or ride
2004-08 Mastercraft x-star or x-2 or even a x-30
Mb tomcat
Ski centurion etc there's a lot out there

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've put 174 hours on my boat in four years with only one problem that wasn't caused by me. I broke an alternator mounting bracket that was known to be a problem from the manufacturer. With that being said, I caught a rope when it broke, so it probably was my fault, but the replacement is an upgrade that isn't supposed to brake.

I have aftermarket stereo gear like everybody else, but that hasn't caused any electrical problems. I've bent all the underwater gear once (my fault), been to the gel coat shop once for a very minor nick (friend tagged a dock lightly while I was parking the truck), and the trailer is in the trailer shop right now because the trailer manufacturer built a shitty trailer (not really the boat manufacturer's fault).

There are a few more maintenance items than a car, but most can be done at home if you have basic tools.

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
quote:

I run four batteries and a single alt.
Yup run three batteries and one alt seems to work just fine
Running four 12s all hidden takes up some storage but I have plenty ,all I need now are tower speakers and looking into wet sound

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wetsounds are cool but I've heard negative things about them they are way more common then nvs or exile. I would consider taking a look at nvs tho if your gonna make a big purchase like that days none of these tower speakers are cheap

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
Wetsounds are cool but I've heard negative things about them they are way more common then nvs or exile. I would consider taking a look at nvs tho if your gonna make a big purchase like that days none of these tower speakers are cheap

No complaints about the Wetsounds from me. I've had them for 3 summers so far and everything still works fine.
Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not mine but this boat is badass!

-

-

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Out on the water on Folsom lake right now!

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
Not mine but this boat is badass!

-

-

[worship] Damm that boat looks mean

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just got back from berryessa.. damn i'm burnt! lol..

[ May 06, 2012, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
just got back from berryessa.. damn i'm burnt! lol..

Lmao I'm a lil burnt also damn it felt good out today though

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is my old 06 Tige'...loved the boat and miss it very much. bought it new and it never skipped a beat, the dealer forgot to put the plug in the middle of the boat once and the boat filled half way up the motor with water before i got it back on the trailer and still ran like a champ!! the only issues i had was stuff rattling loose and/or causing boken bolts in the tower/bimini..but i had a warrenty. i miss it and cant wait to get a another one! the cobra may soon be up for sale/trade for a wakeboard boat!!!

-

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some fun times!!!!

river on 4th of july in '07
 -

rattlenake bar at folsom lake in '07 (83 boats tied up this day) this is only one way! i was tied up in the middle

-

[ May 09, 2012, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R ]

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

That red one in the first pic looks like mine

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Or rage on the river!

-

Hope this don't get me in trouble!

-

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Yup ^^^ Casey you missing out [Big Grin]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hitting the lake again this weekend.. have fun land lovers! [Razz] it's gonna be a hot one sat!

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
hitting the lake again this weekend.. have fun land lovers! [Razz] it's gonna be a hot one sat!

I've got an old 73 Tahitti hull with a Chrysler 105 on the back (boat looks really good for what it is and is in great shape in/out). Boat scoots up to 43mph perfectly and may not look like these 50k setups, but a day on the water is better than any day on land [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:

Was just out today may have to go again tomorrow

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com