Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » lets see your wakeboard boat setups! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: lets see your wakeboard boat setups!
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
really looking into getting a nice used ski/wake boat by next summer. any tips or advice? [patriot]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've only been on a mastercraft x star. The thing was super nice. They're suppliers to be top of the line. I don't think you can go wrong with mastercraft, supra or nautical.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup those are really nice boats but i cant drop 70k on a boat and i dont want to spen more then 25k.

[ May 01, 2012, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: 65mustang408 ]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can get a nice older one with low hours for 30k range. They will be complete with sound system, perfect pass, and all the goodies!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/2988320683.html

[ May 01, 2012, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My girls dad has a mastarcraft x10 wakeboard edition man that shit is nice big ass sound system hauls ass really fun while they dont do any wakeboarding but alot of pulling us in their infladable toys...

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay away from the master craft hammer head engines. We have had 3 of them at our shop and everyone had oil pressure issues and engine noise.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Good to know thanks!

--------------------
fast and cool shit

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got to love the 05' mastercraft x45 seats 18 so plenty of room inside and it has a LQ9 escalade motor in it but you do need at least a 3/4 ton p/u to pull it
 -
 -
 -
Sorry for bad pics also be prepared to always drop some doe on repairs every so often and if you get a boat like this be prepared to pay luxury tax every yr (mine 1250) and boat stands for bring out another thousand and that's not just a saying either

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanna boat but not the payments, [Frown]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That X45 is the dopest boat out..... But I just pulled out my 06 Malibu I ride my bro uses it more than me it has under 60 hours I consider selling for a solid 30 I got pics

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went wakeboarding when I was 12 and fell in love with it... I'd want nothing more than to own one and when I have kids show them a good time... Before that fill it up with my buddies and act a fool lol...

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Thats fuckin badass right there! I know the costs with fuel and repairs since my family had a centurion back in the day. Not lookin to finance so 25k is my limit. Gotta wait for winter to buy when everybody gets tired of paying storage fees.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Thats fuckin badass right there! I know the costs with fuel and repairs since my family had a centurion back in the day. Not lookin to finance so 25k is my limit. Gotta wait for winter to buy when everybody gets tired of paying storage fees.

Ski centurions are good boats also and yes right before Christmas is the best time to buy!

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
Originally posted by NutNice707:
That X45 is the dopest boat out..... But I just pulled out my 06 Malibu I ride my bro uses it more than me it has under 60 hours I consider selling for a solid 30 I got pics

I wish it was and when I first used to hit the water and tied up on the river with other boats I used to feel like a bad ass with a badass boat till a X80 pulled up I just put my head down when that happened lol.... Now the X80 is my future dream boat but I think id have to sell one of the cribs to do that and I know that ain't happening for a damn boat

[ May 01, 2012, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
08 xstar ly6 400hp seats 12 adults has a $13k stereo that blows most anything on the water away

-

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant wait to buy my next boat, im gonna go with a cuddy cabin. Hell with spending 1 day on the lake, i'll just spend the weekend. i want something like this, then just put a wake board tower http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/2983664887.html

here's my current boat..  -

[ May 01, 2012, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
daaaam we got a few bollars on this site

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
stock fox
¯
Member # 9211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stock fox  Ford pictures for stock fox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
🏁Sleeper notch under construction🏁
86 Notchback stang

Posts: 1849 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2009  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
08 xstar ly6 400hp seats 12 adults has a $13k stereo that blows most anything on the water away

-

Nice boat! Is that a chucktronics sticker on the front? [patriot]
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
really looking into getting a nice used ski/wake boat by next summer. any tips or advice? [patriot]

Many different options out there. Really depends on what your looking for. The Master Rafts (oh, I mean Crafts [Big Grin] are a lot deeper boat much like the Malibus. For teaching people how to wakeboard and towing people a lot I like to be lower to the water like a traditional ski boat. When you turn around to pick up your rider its a lot easier when you pull up beside them and they are right next to you in the water. The MC's and Malibus tend to have more of a Family boat feel. Whats nice about them is they have a ton of storage and can fit a lot of people. I have always had really good luck with Nautiques. Problem with Nautiques is there really isnt much storage and comfortably only carry about 9 people. They are really good quality boats that are made to last. I would recommend maybe looking at a 99-06 nautique. Looks like there is one for sale local.....
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/2978553387.html
Also the Sanger has always been a good boat. Not sure if they still have wood stringers or not but that would be something to look at. Most ski boats today have done away with wood stringers because they are prone to rotting.
Maybe once you narrow down some choices ask the owners if they would launch the boat for test drive. Best thing to do is drive it and ride in it to see what you think [patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As Harold said, test as many boats as you can and see what you like.

I have a MasterCraft X2 which works well for me. I get a nice surf wake if I use additional ballast and a decent wakeboard wake. I wish I had a little more storage which is like horsepower in a car: you always want more.

Sanger's are nice boats with a little lower price tag than Nautique, Malibu, and MasterCraft. My neighbor has one and I bet I don't have anymore fun than he does on the lake.

Whatever you buy I'd either take someone with you that's been around boats for a while, or pay a shop to take a look at it first. Any slight vibrations you feel in a test drive could turn into huge problems and expensive repairs.

I'd post pictures of mine, but I don't have any on my work computer.

Is that red and white boat the old CIE Xstar? Looks like it's at NORCAL in the pic.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had a Sanger V210, loved it and had it for five years and ended up with around 500Hrs on it. Sold it to buy my first house. I actually enjoyed the wood stringers gave it a firmer ride. Don't be scared of Wood with Sangers. However I would stay away from anything that has wood within the MC or Nauti line.

If I was going to buy a new boat MB would be my first pick. They seem to be leading in the bang for buck category. I ride now behind a Nauti SV211 and a X10 and I prefer the X10 wake over the Nauti.

I guess you have to ask youself the question what are you going to use the boat for? A real wakeboard boat or a ski beach boat?

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mb tomcats are sick check those out

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:

Many different options out there. Really depends on what your looking for. The Master Rafts (oh, I mean Crafts [Big Grin] are a lot deeper boat much like the Malibus. For teaching people how to wakeboard and towing people a lot I like to be lower to the water like a traditional ski boat. When you turn around to pick up your rider its a lot easier when you pull up beside them and they are right next to you in the water. The MC's and Malibus tend to have more of a Family boat feel. Whats nice about them is they have a ton of storage and can fit a lot of people. I have always had really good luck with Nautiques. Problem with Nautiques is there really isnt much storage and comfortably only carry about 9 people. They are really good quality boats that are made to last. I would recommend maybe looking at a 99-06 nautique. Looks like there is one for sale local.....
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/2978553387.html
Also the Sanger has always been a good boat. Not sure if they still have wood stringers or not but that would be something to look at. Most ski boats today have done away with wood stringers because they are prone to rotting.
Maybe once you narrow down some choices ask the owners if they would launch the boat for test drive. Best thing to do is drive it and ride in it to see what you think [patriot]

True about being kind of a deep v but I like those because it kicks out a nice wake for boarding and Im just starting to learn how to surf behind it also. And when on the water my X45 sits low in the water and Those other boats that you like in my .02 is that there more for the skis or bare footing because of the no wake factor and if you do want a wake you have to fill up ballast or put those bags on the boat which then means less room for people and or worse gas mpg which we all no its not cheape to fill these boats up but specially on the water ,but to each his own... And I know the x45 is over kill for boarding but it's great for surfing and having a ton of friends on board to have a ball if boarding is strictly what you want to do then X star is the one for you but hey if you want inexpensive there are starter boats like the bay liner and there are other boats I can't think of right now that will also work for your family

[ May 02, 2012, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:

Those other boats that you like in my .02 is that there more for the skis or bare footing because of the no wake factor and if you do want a wake you have to fill up ballast or put those bags on the boat which then means less room for people
Are you talking about the Sanger? Most boats now a days have built in ballast setups like the one I posted the link to craigslist. I like both boats, dont get me wrong.....but then again....its kinda like the Ford Vs. Chevy thing, all depends on what YOU like [patriot]
With approx. 5,000 pounds of stereo in my boat I really dont find a need to fill up the ballast tanks [Big Grin]

[ May 02, 2012, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com