Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My Cobra Almost Got Destroyed By A Foxbody (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My Cobra Almost Got Destroyed By A Foxbody
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That looked a little like the notch that lost control on the freeway a while back. That's not the same car is it?

Happy you guys didn't hit & your friend is ok. [patriot]

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To add to it tho my dads z isn't the only one I've seen stock trap that speed either. But I will tell you this a few years back when my buddy ran his car at sears point and ran that we knew three other guys with the same mods and not one of them could beat him in a roll race or drag race on the street we always said his car was serious for some reason don't ask me why. But I did run into one guy running high 11's a sears point a few years back with upper lower pulleys cai full exhaust and mt et streets then it blew the IRS right out of it. So it's possible stock blower and longblock. Mystichrome is the fastest color anyway right? Lol

[ March 22, 2012, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: 93coupessp ]

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
To add to it tho my dads z isn't the only one I've seen stock trap that speed either. But I will tell you this a few years back when my buddy ran his car at sears point and ran that we knew three other guys with the same mods and not one of them could beat him in a roll race or drag race on the street we always said his car was serious for some reason don't ask me why. But I did run into one guy running high 11's a sears point a few years back with upper lower pulleys cai full exhaust and mt et streets then it blew the IRS right out of it. So it's possible stock blower and longblock. Mystichrome is the fastest color anyway right? Lol

Well you didn't say it was Mystichrome.... [Big Grin]

But seriously bro if that car is Trapping 126 that's low 11's for a terminator. You are correct that trap speed doesn't determine everything since there is a upper only terminator going 10's at 121mph through an auto and a SRA. But from all the 1/4 mile time slips I've seen from guys with these cars nobody is tapping 126 on an upper only. The eatons just aren't effecient enough in factory trim. If he goes out again I would love to see it run and get some driving tips [patriot]

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad the guy in the fox is alright.
Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST93NOTCH:
Couldn't even finish his run.
Sucks for that fox.

fox got the win light
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad no one got hurt...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've lifted a head gasket under full throttle and pumped coolant all over the pavement. Its like hitting a patch of ice. Kyle did what he could. He was hard on the brakes trying to miss Terrance. There just wasn't any room to get off the brakes and straighten the car out.

T, it was good to see you last night. We need to set up that double sometime soon.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
I've lifted a head gasket under full throttle and pumped coolant all over the pavement. Its like hitting a patch of ice. Kyle did what he could. He was hard on the brakes trying to miss Terrance. There just wasn't any room to get off the brakes and straighten the car out.

T, it was good to see you last night. We need to set up that double sometime soon.

I will give it to Kyle, he did a hell of a job keeping hold of that car as long as he did. I can only imagine what was going through his head when the car kicked loose

And yeah Dave, we gotta get together soon.

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] T I thought we saw u go 11.xx @ like 122,I kno there was 2 redfire termy's out last night but it was def yours with the yellow HID fogs an ofcourse the TF wheels lol I could be wrong [patriot] my uncle was out in his ported,pullied,AED tuned oxford 03 runnin 12.4's-12.0's @118,I posted the vid in the drag race section,u can see how easy the car was launched looked like it was leavin a stop sign lol,with slicks the car would go mid 11s easy,DR's are a NO-NO on IRS fellas just an FYI,slicks ftw,DR's will have u ona tow truck by the end of the night,just ask the cat with the laser red 01 cobra last night that he bought just hours before the night started [burnout] can't wait to be out again,lots of fast coby's out

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
[Confused] T I thought we saw u go 11.xx @ like 122,I kno there was 2 redfire termy's out last night but it was def yours with the yellow HID fogs an ofcourse the TF wheels lol I could be wrong [patriot] my uncle was out in his ported,pullied,AED tuned oxford 03 runnin 12.4's-12.0's @118,I posted the vid in the drag race section,u can see how easy the car was launched looked like it was leavin a stop sign lol,with slicks the car would go mid 11s easy,DR's are a NO-NO on IRS fellas just an FYI,slicks ftw,DR's will have u ona tow truck by the end of the night,just ask the cat with the laser red 01 cobra last night that he bought just hours before the night started [burnout] can't wait to be out again,lots of fast coby's out

...and one slow Raptor. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
That looked a little like the notch that lost control on the freeway a while back. That's not the same car is it?

Happy you guys didn't hit & your friend is ok. [patriot]

Not the same car. That notch you're talking about is a low 10 second car.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

But seriously bro if that car is Trapping 126 that's low 11's for a terminator. You are correct that trap speed doesn't determine everything since there is a upper only terminator going 10's at 121mph through an auto and a SRA. But from all the 1/4 mile time slips I've seen from guys with these cars nobody is tapping 126 on an upper only. The eatons just aren't effecient enough in factory trim. If he goes out again I would love to see it run and get some driving tips [patriot]

Shit that car hasn't seen the track for about a year in all honesty it's not running the same as it used too blows a little smoke seems slower. He barely drives it anymore. He bought it brand new in 04 and had those parts on it within a year so it's seen it's fair share of beatin 2 IRS replaced and 3 trannys. He's thinking of having a compression test and all that have the motor checked out then going from there

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cant wait to see it on full throttle all the way through. i guess im in the minority, but trap speed is very important for me. theres more variables that can change et where as trap speed is almost always consistant. doesnt matter whether one hooks or not, trap speed will be very similar in every run.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

+1 no way pulley only cobra will trap 126
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT-DROP  Ford pictures for SVT-DROP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 93coupessp:

+1 no way pulley only cobra will trap 126 [/QUOTE

]There are few that are trapping that mph. Go over on svtp they have a sticky threat on pulley and ported eaton cars running 10's. I myself ran 11:5@126 at sac raceway with pulley and ported eaton,bolt on convertible cobra; full weight IRS running m/t et drag radials. So it is do able but you have to be a one bad ass driver.

[ March 23, 2012, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Snakerider ]

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:

Unless you have a IRS like mine! [Razz]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Based on our runs, your car is well capable of high 10s, but should be low 11s all day without a problem. Even with street tires. Seat time is all you need, and your times will come. glad you guys and the cars are ok..get some tires dammit [Big Grin] we need to line em up both with tires. First the vette, then I'll bring out the white momba for you [patriot]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

I will give it to Kyle, he did a hell of a job keeping hold of that car as long as he did. I can only imagine what was going through his head when the car kicked loose

And yeah Dave, we gotta get together soon.

We'll make it happen.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Snakerider:
quote:
quote:

]There are few that are trapping that mph. Go over on svtp they have a sticky threat on pulley and ported eaton cars running 10's. I myself ran 11:5@126 at sac raceway with pulley and ported eaton,bolt on convertible cobra; full weight IRS running m/t et drag radials. So it is do able but you have to be a one bad ass driver.

do you have a vid?
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
Based on our runs, your car is well capable of high 10s, but should be low 11s all day without a problem. Even with street tires. Seat time is all you need, and your times will come. glad you guys and the cars are ok..get some tires dammit [Big Grin] we need to line em up both with tires. First the vette, then I'll bring out the white momba for you [patriot]

no vid...didnt happen.. cool story bro!!
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Shit that car hasn't seen the track for about a year in all honesty it's not running the same as it used too blows a little smoke seems slower.

Sounds like that car ain't the only one blowin a little smoke...
Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
You went in the water with street tires????

Yeah. Common knowledge says not to, but a few guys who race regularly recommended to get them a little wet and burn it off. Managed to cut a 1.9 60ft. My buddy was cutting 1.7's on his DR's so it wasn't bad at all.
they lied to you! never pull in to the water with street tires. let alone do a burn out in it like you did. water catches in the tread blocks, then when you sit at the lights it rolls on to the ground. the reason you are cutting 1.9 compared to your friends 1.7's is your hp level. you friend doesn't have as much as you. if he had more he would have gone faster than a 1.7 60ft [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT-DROP  Ford pictures for SVT-DROP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Snakerider:
quote:
quote:

do you have a vid?
Yea I do Have a video of my runs,when I ran those times at sac raceway.

[ March 26, 2012, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Snakerider ]

SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
You went in the water with street tires????

Yeah. Common knowledge says not to, but a few guys who race regularly recommended to get them a little wet and burn it off. Managed to cut a 1.9 60ft. My buddy was cutting 1.7's on his DR's so it wasn't bad at all.
they lied to you! never pull in to the water with street tires. let alone do a burn out in it like you did. water catches in the tread blocks, then when you sit at the lights it rolls on to the ground. the reason you are cutting 1.9 compared to your friends 1.7's is your hp level. you friend doesn't have as much as you. if he had more he would have gone faster than a 1.7 60ft [patriot]
^^^ +1 warhorse58gt know's what he's talking about. I'm on the same page as him. I never do burn outs on street tires. May be spin them a little bit to take the dirt and pebbles off. All your doing is making the tire slippery.

[ March 23, 2012, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Snakerider ]

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
quote:
Shit that car hasn't seen the track for about a year in all honesty it's not running the same as it used too blows a little smoke seems slower.

Sounds like that car ain't the only one blowin a little smoke...
Believe it or not I don't care I know it's the Internet and people lie all the time I don't expect everyone to believe me

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com