Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My Cobra Almost Got Destroyed By A Foxbody (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My Cobra Almost Got Destroyed By A Foxbody
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to the local dragstrip last night just to watch. Got talked into making a few shake down passes on my street tires. None of the runs were good. Missing gears, tire pressure adjustments, and bad launches since it was the first time taking her out since the new build. The second run I had would of been my best since I had a decent launch and didn't miss any gears, but I had a little excitement.

Realized how much I never want to see foxbody headlights coming at my drivers door again. I waited at the tree until I was ready to launch. My buddy was in his fox, and as I caught him down track he lost control. He managed to save the car without hitting mine or doing too much damage once he hit the guard rail. I got out of it then got back on the gas to get past him before he came into my lane. All his damage was to the passenger side. Has a popped front tire, dent on the rear quarter, fender, and front bumper.

He walked away fine also so it was all well that ends well. Kind of have a itch to go back to the track, but also not eager to damage my car. But it could happen anywhere I guess. Here is the vid.

Terrance 04 Cobra Shakedown Run - Mustang Crash - YouTube

[ March 22, 2012, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Just_a_GT
¯
Member # 10372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just_a_GT  Ford pictures for Just_a_GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN now thats scary [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
1990 GT 308 edelbrock alum heads Daily driver
2000 GT CAMMED 281ci

Posts: 697 | From: Winton, CA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lucky no one got hurt. Car looks nice with the new shoes.
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn close call man

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daaaammmmmmnnnn...Is your buddy ok?? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST93NOTCH  Ford pictures for 1FAST93NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Couldn't even finish his run.
Sucks for that fox.

--------------------
2014 Oxford White Raptor Production #: 30727
1993 Red Notchback Production #: 29409
1993 Teal Cobra Production #: 4505
TEAM TRUE FORGED

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF happened to the fox?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

but that video...

-

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure what happened on the run. He was almost to the end of the 1/4 so who knows.

After the run I pulled over and made sure he was good. His car really isn't too bad off, and he wasn't in any pain. His body was in shock for sure, so I am sure he is feeling it a bit today.

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Not sure what happened on the run. He was almost to the end of the 1/4 so who knows.

After the run I pulled over and made sure he was good. His car really isn't too bad off, and he wasn't in any pain. His body was in shock for sure, so I am sure he is feeling it a bit today.

looked like he hit his brakes then let off and lost traction somehow? watch close at 1:01

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of trap speeds were you getting?

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad no one got seriously hurt.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fox had what we believe to be a head gasket blow. putting coolant on the ground/tires. my buddy did a heck of a job not hitting terrance, and just couldn't escape the wall.

the car has front end damage(broken ball joint, tire/wheel, fender, bumper, possible other)... and the rear axle isn't sitting right. time will tell.

[ March 22, 2012, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Only 3 passes for the night and didn't get to complete any of them. Trapped 118 dodging the fox, but that was hitting the brakes..
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Only 3 passes for the night and didn't get to complete any of them. Trapped 118 dodging the fox, but that was hitting the brakes..

u were on street tires... what'd you expect? lol.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
quote:

I know bro. Me and Daley might be out next week on some drag radials though. You going to roll back out?
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
118 is still dam fast...alotta cars would be lucky to hit that on their best runs.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnuat:
118 is still dam fast...alotta cars would be lucky to hit that on their best runs.

True.... but I will report back when I am trapping 130's [burnout]
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Poor guy hit the wall in a 13 second car just shows you right there it ain't all about power.hittin Brakes aren't the best idea when you get sideways you just lift and counter steer let the car come back brakes go from one extreme to another

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
quote:

I know bro. Me and Daley might be out next week on some drag radials though. You going to roll back out?
yah probly. i think i may get some drags mounted n take the cobra out... wanna see what it runs, and would prefer to not damage the irs in the process.

[ March 22, 2012, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

My boy hit 12.28 at 126 mph upper pulley full exhaust jlt cold air and mail order tune on 275 nitto 555r's I hope you can trap 130 with your mods

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You went in the water with street tires????

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
quote:
quote:

My boy hit 12.28 at 126 mph upper pulley full exhaust jlt cold air and mail order tune on 275 nitto 555r's I hope you can trap 130 with your mods
I'm not worried about being unable to trap that speed. All about traction

On a side note....

That must be gods car if your buddy is trapping 126. That's a low 11/high 10 second car. There are VERY FEW cobras running that fast in the country on the stock eaton with an upper only, no nitrous, and no port job. Around 7 or 8 to be exact. None on a mail order tune. not calling BS, but id like to see that time slip....

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
You went in the water with street tires????

Yeah. Common knowledge says not to, but a few guys who race regularly recommended to get them a little wet and burn it off. Managed to cut a 1.9 60ft. My buddy was cutting 1.7's on his DR's so it wasn't bad at all.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
quote:
quote:

I'm not worried about being unable to trap that speed. All about traction

On a side note....

That must be gods car if your buddy is trapping 126. That's a low 11/high 10 second car. There are VERY FEW cobras running that fast in the country on the stock eaton with an upper only, no nitrous, and no port job. Around 7 or 8 to be exact. None on a mail order tune. not calling BS, but id like to see that time slip....

Oh well it's true but I'm a firm believer in not giving a crap about the trap speed that doesn't determine how fast a car should run in a quarter that's why there's an e.t. And a mph people just always wanna associate them. My buddy's 6 second top sportsman car can run half track shut down and run a 9 at 100 mph. My dads stock zo6 ran 11.80 a 128 so do you think his car should run high nines? Gears tire sizes ect play that part

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com