Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Grizzly bear vs gorilla (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grizzly bear vs gorilla
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think animal planet did a episode on this
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A gorilla would win because im a gorilla and id beat the shit out of a bear [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
if the gorilla doesn't land the first crucial strike, the bear has tactical advantage (4 sharp paws) and razor sharp teeth, my vote goes to the bear, they've found bears that have had 45 and 40 cal magazines emptied in their chests/stomachs and they were still out doing work on humans and other prey. I'd say we pull up the statistic of how many humans get killed by bears and humans that get killed by gorillas.

hippos kill more humans a year then bears do

~damn Roy what have you started lol~

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
quote:
if the gorilla doesn't land the first crucial strike, the bear has tactical advantage (4 sharp paws) and razor sharp teeth, my vote goes to the bear, they've found bears that have had 45 and 40 cal magazines emptied in their chests/stomachs and they were still out doing work on humans and other prey. I'd say we pull up the statistic of how many humans get killed by bears and humans that get killed by gorillas.

Hippos kill more than bears? LOL.

I was just curious. I'm taking a anthropology class and the instructor was talking about great apes and Gorillas. Then I get home I see something about bears on TV. Then the question came up, who would win between a bear and a gorilla.

After further thought, I'll put my money on the Gorilla. Even at full adult weight for the bear. Here's why:

1) The gorilla has reach over the bear
2) The gorilla is more agile as well.

Here's a scenario. A bear somehow makes it to Africa and is looking for food after that long as trip across the ocean. He ends up in the Congo and sees a Gorilla. The Gorilla doesn't see the Bear as food but as a threat. The bear attacks, and the gorilla defends. The gorilla leaps and swings a punch at the bear, basically molly wop his ass. The bear is stunned but not hurt. The bear is limited by his reach and lack of agility compared to the Gorilla, so it's exerting all its energy chasing the gorilla as its bounding circles around the him and getting hit by hard as sucker punches thrown by the gorilla. As long as the Gorilla stays away from the bears claws and grasp, the Gorilla will take the bear after a long, fought battle. But even if the bear got a hit in with the claws or a bite, the enormous strength of the gorilla will get that bear off of him. But will probably die later due to too much blood lost. Gorilla FTW. LOL

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
quote:

Hippos kill more than bears? LOL.

I was just curious. I'm taking a anthropology class and the instructor was talking about great apes and Gorillas. Then I get home I see something about bears on TV. Then the question came up, who would win between a bear and a gorilla.

After further thought, I'll put my money on the Gorilla. Even at full adult weight for the bear. Here's why:

1) The gorilla has reach over the bear
2) The gorilla is more agile as well.

Here's a scenario. A bear somehow makes it to Africa and is looking for food after that long as trip across the ocean. He ends up in the Congo and sees a Gorilla. The Gorilla doesn't see the Bear as food but as a threat. The bear attacks, and the gorilla defends. The gorilla leaps and swings a punch at the bear, basically molly wop his ass. The bear is stunned but not hurt. The bear is limited by his reach and lack of agility compared to the Gorilla, so it's exerting all its energy chasing the gorilla as its bounding circles around the him and getting hit by hard as sucker punches thrown by the gorilla. As long as the Gorilla stays away from the bears claws and grasp, the Gorilla will take the bear after a long, fought battle. But even if the bear got a hit in with the claws or a bite, the enormous strength of the gorilla will get that bear off of him. But will probably die later due to too much blood lost. Gorilla FTW. LOL

Africa is also the only continent that doesnt have bears [Wink]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put a grizzly in Africa and there wouldn't be any monkeys or gorillas there lol

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

It wouldn't survive to much competition and a pride of lions would destroy it
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:

It wouldn't survive to much competition and a pride of lions would destroy it
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Bear wins

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bear would win, well this one would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUx3fZNoskQ

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
 -

Bear wins

Is that a Bear eating a Gorilla? lol

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say gorilla hammers grizzly a few times then bear pins gorilla down and rips his throat out and peels back his cap. [patriot]
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
 -

Bear wins

Is that a Bear eating a Gorilla? lol
i think thats bigfoot
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the bear if its Cali Raised lol

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
the gorilla would dick slap the bear and have that bitch working the corner, the fight would probably look something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alPmPSls-9s

Hahahahahahaha.... [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just throwing this out there since the Grizzly is not the largest and fiercest bear...how about a polar bear:

Average size (770-1500 pounds..close to 10 feet in height).

I know the gorilla is very strong..but I also know he would be smart enough to run away FAST if he encountered a 1500 pound bear. If the gorilla tried to do some ground and pound they are going to feel like love taps to the bear like he gets from other polar bears when playing around [Big Grin]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
again to my point, bears have been found with multiple magazines of 9mm .40 cal, and 45 pumped into them and that didn't stop them from mauling the hikers that fired upon them, I don't think a gorilla would keep charging after half a magazine from a 1911 45, but I could be wrong, now the real question how do we trap a bear and a gorilla and find out the real answer, maybe we should just make roy nelson fight kimbo slice (bear vs gorilla).

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com