Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The new setup on the Faleen (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The new setup on the Faleen
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
[patriot]
 -

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
nice, but where are your tow hooks?

thanks! I dont have any tow hooks right now. I really dont want to cut a hole in my bumper for them so I was thinking of getting tow straps. Still not sure but I'll have something soon enough.
post up if you figure something out, I want to get some on my sn95 and the only strong way to get something that would be strong enough to lift the car if I was stuck in run-off sand would be some hooks off the bumper impact strut mounting brackets, and like you said would probably require cutting a slot in the bumper covers.

[ February 12, 2012, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like you got the full mm maximum grip box

Eatin vets around corners i bet!

Very nice

[ February 13, 2012, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
Thanks for inviting us.....it was amazing riding with you on the track! Like you said now we are in at infineon. We met a few top guys and we are moving forward as a team!

Next time we'll have a better setup in the paddock...I'll bring more chairs, my canopy, and some Red Bulls [Big Grin] But thanks to you and Mitch for coming out! I hope you guys had a good time. I hope the ride was fun too [burnout] Thanks for the pics too [patriot]

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
nice, but where are your tow hooks?

thanks! I dont have any tow hooks right now. I really dont want to cut a hole in my bumper for them so I was thinking of getting tow straps. Still not sure but I'll have something soon enough.
post up if you figure something out, I want to get some on my sn95 and the only strong way to get something that would be strong enough to lift the car if I was stuck in run-off sand would be some hooks off the bumper impact strut mounting brackets, and like you said would probably require cutting a slot in the bumper covers.
I'll let you know. I was going to get some from racecartowhooks.com but I'm trying to figure out if I really want to cut into my bumper or just get straps [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
looks like you got the full mm maximum grip box

Eatin vets around corners i bet!

Very nice

It may be the whole Grip Box...not sure though as I pieced it all together myself. As for eating Vettes, maybe, but I doubt it [Big Grin] There werent any Vettes on the track in my group, but I'd love to see how it does against one. [burnout]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like it was a little wet out there, did you get a chance to drive in it?
Looks good buddy [Cool]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Looks like it was a little wet out there, did you get a chance to drive in it?
Looks good buddy [Cool]

Yea, it was misty during the first session. I drove on it VERY cautiously! It was fun though [Big Grin] I wish you were out there with me though...Mr. Burgandy Griggs S197 was out there and I was talking to him and his buddy for a while [Big Grin] I'm sure you know how that conversation went [Razz]

--------------------

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought i posted in here already, but just wanted to say the car is looking super clean Ian [patriot] . form and function, you can't beat that.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian,

Looks like a well thought out balanecd combo and reminds me of the set-up I had on my white coupe.

I bet it handles stellar!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
i thought i posted in here already, but just wanted to say the car is looking super clean Ian [patriot] . form and function, you can't beat that.

Thanks Vin! Its not as "show" clean as it used to be, but its still pretty nice I guess [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Ian,

Looks like a well thought out balanecd combo and reminds me of the set-up I had on my white coupe.

I bet it handles stellar!

Luke..it's definitley well balanced. Not too much power and handles extremely well compared to before. TOPnotch also did some minor adjustments to my pinion angle and now the vibration noise you and I were fighting for so long is ALL GONE [worship]

--------------------

jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you install the K-member yourself?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by jegg:
Did you install the K-member yourself?

No, TOPnotch (a member on here) did the install. Check out my other thread for some reviews of his work: http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=052485

[patriot]

--------------------

jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my car up for sale for dirt cheap... Deal fell through the cracks... I took it as a sign to keep it...lol...

The rear is complete with t/a and phb...

Now I'm looking to finish up the front end...

I emailed Maier Racing about installing a k-member a month ago but I never heard back...

I might have to hit up topnotch... Hopefully he has time..

[ February 14, 2012, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: jegg ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
I had my car up for sale for dirt cheap... Deal fell through the cracks... I took it as a sign to keep it...lol...

The rear is complete with t/a and phb...

Now I'm looking to finish up the front end...

I emailed Maier Racing about installing a k-member a month ago but I never heard back...

I'll might have to hit up topnotch... Hopefully he has time..

I'm sure Maier can get it done...but I'm also sure it won't be cheap! What car are you selling BTW? I may be interested [Big Grin]

--------------------

jegg
¯
Member # 9910

A '04 2v gt... I doubt you'll want it...

It's clean though

jegg
¯
Member # 9910

A '04 2v gt... I doubt you'll want it...

It's clean though

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^Send you pm and text about the car. Get back at me please

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great looking set up Ian. can't wait to see it in persons as soon as i free up some dough to play! how was HPDE 3?

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Hey Ian,
Nice setup BTW.
How's the NVH after all was said and done?

Looks good! Hopefully I can get mine done.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
great looking set up Ian. can't wait to see it in persons as soon as i free up some dough to play! how was HPDE 3?

Thanks Jeo! Yea, you defintely have to come out and play soon bro! Infineon is fun as hell!

Group 3 is a lot better. At least for me, there was not much traffic and the day progresses with more passing zones, passing in turns, and the finally open passing! It's WAY better that goup 1/2. I was passing and getting passed, so I think I fit into group 3 pretty well [burnout]

quote:
Hey Ian,
Nice setup BTW.
How's the NVH after all was said and done?

Looks good! Hopefully I can get mine done.

Thanks! The NVH is more noticeable now, but its pretty much a given since all the rubber bushings have been replaced with urethane. Also, the combination of a racing steering wheel, solid steering shaft, aluminum rack bushings, and solid motor mounts definitely caused more vibration, but A LOT more feel for the road.

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you done any hPDE 4?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian, your cars badass bro! that thing must stay glued to the pavement! [worship]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Have you done any hPDE 4?

No, I just started open tracking last April. I'm trying to gradually move up in the levels [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
Ian, your cars badass bro! that thing must stay glued to the pavement! [worship]

Thanks Dave! It handles pretty well [patriot]

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you ever want to go for a ride along in 4, let me know. You find a new set, you never knew of in that group. You basically have to be on alert always, and when someone is on your door in the corner trust in their skills as well as yours, any hesitation will get ugly. But other then that it's a blast. Sometime I gotta show you what hitting a jagged rock when cresting turn 9 at sears looks like at speed. I kept the trophy of what was left of my rim. It pushed a hole all the way through the rim.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
If you ever want to go for a ride along in 4, let me know. You find a new set, you never knew of in that group. You basically have to be on alert always, and when someone is on your door in the corner trust in their skills as well as yours, any hesitation will get ugly. But other then that it's a blast. Sometime I gotta show you what hitting a jagged rock when cresting turn 9 at sears looks like at speed. I kept the trophy of what was left of my rim. It pushed a hole all the way through the rim.

I've been on a ride-along in group 4 at Infineon with 9cobra7...and he's damn fast! I know what you mean by trusting in people and yourself...things definitely can get hairy out there! In group 3 this past weekend, though we weren't going as fast as group 4, I had some door to door action in turn 7 and turn 11...we were encourgaed to do so [Big Grin]

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Yeah, going door to door is a crazy rush. Once you get to do it in the esses that's where you will see a big difference. Holding your line is super important. Glad to see somebody sticking with it though!

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com