Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The new setup on the Faleen (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The new setup on the Faleen
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like your setup Ian, good luck with the road racing and congrats [patriot]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy shit this car is bad ass [worship] your suspension set up is dope [patriot]

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] to you [patriot]
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Perfection. Plain, simple perfection.

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ February 11, 2012, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: 66_5.0 ]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
Very nice man! Wasnt it lower?

Not a fan of white cars but this one has grown on me..

Thanks bro! Yes, it was a lot lower before but the way it sits is the way it's "supposed" to be. Although I liked how it looked more when it was lower, this car needs to serve a purpose and it'll perform best at this height. Although it may not look like it, it is perfectly level from front to rear.

quote:
Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
I'm speechless..That looks fantastic... [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

Thanks Jose...means a lot coming from another "perfectionist" [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Damn. It looks like you got the exact same set-up as me. Forward offset and all. It will handle great.
Ditch the front dust shields. They can cause future problems. I speak from experience. Add front cooling ducts for the rotors. Use 3" bildge pump fans. This will help cool rotors while in use, and when you pull back in from track. Also flip the front rotors. The internal veins are facing the wrong direction. The vein should be in a dig pattern. Forcing air into the rotor.

Thanks for the pointers! I could've sworn the rotors were correct because I looked up the p/n's and they were specific to which side they belonged to? And yes, brake ducts are next on my list. I'm on the waiting list for a set from a guy on svtp who makes the kits.

quote:
Originally posted by 707clone:
CLEAN AND BET IT HANDLES BETTER THAN A NEW SALEEN! GOOD SHIT IAN! [patriot]

Right on Rick! It definitely handles well. not sure if its better than a new saleen, but it should get the job done [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
i like your setup Ian, good luck with the road racing and congrats [patriot]

Thanks Adam! Good luck with the drift gig too!

quote:
Originally posted by 90_STANG015:
holy shit this car is bad ass [worship] your suspension set up is dope [patriot]

Thanks man! [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by 85staNg302:
[worship] [worship] to you [patriot]

Thank you sir [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by Poisond Pony:
Perfection. Plain, simple perfection.

Thanks bro! I try to keep it clean, simple, and as functional as possible. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Thanks fellas! This thing is a damn money pit but I hope it's all worth it after I test it out tomorrow. MM parts are definitely quality and worth the cost.

Yes, the car is basically just a weekend warrior. Pretty much never gets driven aside from trackdays.

As for the roll bar, it's an MM setup installed and slightly customized by F.O.D. [patriot]

Thank Ian and we will be there tomorrow with you taking pics to post on here [Big Grin] [patriot]

[ February 11, 2012, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: iron50 ]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can make you a duct kit. It's easy! I made the kit on mine. The hose is the most expensive part of it. You need a quality hose kit from Pit-Stop USA

If you seriously want help fine tuning everything, let me know. I've done a ton with mine, and it looks like your is close to the same extremes that mine is. But you still have alot more of an interior then I do. I strongly suggest if you don't yet, get a Fire Bottle, 5lb. is min required, but go 10lb. I would set it up for at least a 4 nozzle dispursment. I would do one at Fuel tank, one at fire wall facing engine, then interior, one by legs/feet, last one at chest level facing driver. This way, in worst case, if you have to hit the button. You will put out major areas where fuel is, and also incase your body in spray. Keeping you not on fire. Also, wire in the Electrical cut off. Remember for Road Racing locate this n the driver side window area. That way if you get knocked out a safety crew member can flip the power off. Do you run any data aquisition systems?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
I can make you a duct kit. It's easy! I made the kit on mine. The hose is the most expensive part of it. You need a quality hose kit from Pit-Stop USA

If you seriously want help fine tuning everything, let me know. I've done a ton with mine, and it looks like your is close to the same extremes that mine is. But you still have alot more of an interior then I do. I strongly suggest if you don't yet, get a Fire Bottle, 5lb. is min required, but go 10lb. I would set it up for at least a 4 nozzle dispursment. I would do one at Fuel tank, one at fire wall facing engine, then interior, one by legs/feet, last one at chest level facing driver. This way, in worst case, if you have to hit the button. You will put out major areas where fuel is, and also incase your body in spray. Keeping you not on fire. Also, wire in the Electrical cut off. Remember for Road Racing locate this n the driver side window area. That way if you get knocked out a safety crew member can flip the power off. Do you run any data aquisition systems?

Definitely...if you can make me a brake ducting setup I'd be interested. Let me know what I need to buy or how much you'll charge me for everything. One thing I know I'll have issues with is getting ducts for my front bumper. The cobra fog light holes are easy to use, but the Saleen bumper's openings are shaped weird so I'm not sure how that'd work? Either way, let me know.

I don't have a fire suppressant system in my car as its not required for hpde, but I have 2.5lb bottle ready to be mounted. That's the requirement to run with Shelby club.

As for data acquisition, no I don't have anything at the moment. I haven't really taken it to that level yet.

--------------------

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bad ass Ian. I'm assuming you are attached to this one [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good Ian. This gives me incentive to get mine installed ASAP..

Maybe I'll start this weekend.. Lol

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks sick Ian. Can't wait to see it on the track [patriot]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you ever think of ditching those sway bar end links for a set of ride tech posi links?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what are the plans for the rear? Panhard, torque arm and coil-overs in the future?

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks real good Ian..... I bet it's real stable out on the track.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
98 Saleen Cobra
¯
Member # 11679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 Saleen Cobra  Ford pictures for 98 Saleen Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude congrats man!! Your car has come a long way since you first started O/T. I ordered my Griggs Kmember and control arms today so hopefully I'll be able to get it installed soon [Big Grin]

--------------------
98 Cobra - AED Built Motor - Griggs Racing - Vortech T-trim - Kooks - Aeromotive - T56 Magnum - Built Rear End - HRE's - Baer - AED Tuned

Posts: 22 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Thanks for all the love fellas! I'm here at Infineon running a trackday right now. So far everything is as I expected! The car feels completely different now, but in a good way! I'm waiting for my next session right now. We'll see how it does again in my next two sessions [patriot]

Thanks to the Jon and Mitch from FOD for coming out to kick it with me her at Infineon. These guys got big things coming soon so stay up to date on FOD [Wink]

Mo..I'm definitely planning to hang on to this one. I've put too much money into it to dump it now.

Matt...allow me to be your motivation [Big Grin] get those parts installed bro!

Nate...you should come see it at the track right now! I'm here at Infineon [burnout]

V-town...I've never heard of posi links? Any more info you can provide?

Poisoned...my plans for the rear are to leave it as it is. It already has PHB, T/A, LCA's, and coil overs.

Gunnar...it's definitely stable on the track. I could use some slightly stiffer springs in the future, but these are working just fine for now.

98 cobra Saleen...whats up bro! I didn't know you had a Cafords account too [Big Grin] yes, this car definitely has come a long way since I started tracking it. It's a blast to drive now and I don't have to fight it to get it to turn anymore [Big Grin] Let me know how that Griggs setup goes once its installed!

--------------------

98 Saleen Cobra
¯
Member # 11679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 Saleen Cobra  Ford pictures for 98 Saleen Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you lucky son of a bitch!! At Infineon now?!! gahhh!! [Frown] I miss it so damn much! The nearest road coarse from me now is 4 hrs.. Have fun man and be safe, I look forward to seeing the vids.. I'll let you know how it feels after the install too. [Big Grin]

--------------------
98 Cobra - AED Built Motor - Griggs Racing - Vortech T-trim - Kooks - Aeromotive - T56 Magnum - Built Rear End - HRE's - Baer - AED Tuned

Posts: 22 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HAHAHAHAHA, you only think you're done modding it! Seriously though, you have the foundation for what can be a really fast car. My car is basically an MM car that is a lot lighter than yours and has some tweaks and a setup that I've worked on for 2 years with Mike Maier. That being said, my car is nowhere near finished or as fast as it could be with the current horsepower.

Leave it alone for at least a season now and work on your driving skills. As you get better at driving you will start to feel the limitations of the setup. When you get to that point you should start running sticky tires, and at that point you will need stiffer springs and shocks with different valving etc, etc, etc.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
HAHAHAHAHA, you only think you're done modding it! Seriously though, you have the foundation for what can be a really fast car. My car is basically an MM car that is a lot lighter than yours and has some tweaks and a setup that I've worked on for 2 years with Mike Maier. That being said, my car is nowhere near finished or as fast as it could be with the current horsepower.

Leave it alone for at least a season now and work on your driving skills. As you get better at driving you will start to feel the limitations of the setup. When you get to that point you should start running sticky tires, and at that point you will need stiffer springs and shocks with different valving etc, etc, etc.

You're right Tim...let me rephrase that. "I think I'm done modding my suspension until I either get into TIme Trials or full blown racing." [Big Grin]

I'd love to get to where you're at one day [worship]

--------------------

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by FordRyderz510:
[worship]

what happened to the white saleens you had? car is looking good and is it ready for the track? road racing?

Still got the white saleens sitting in the garage. The white was getting fucked up with all the brake dust from the track. They need a fresh coat of powder.

And yes...I 'hope' its road race/trackday ready! I'll find out tomorrow [Whoo Whooooo!]

nice. goodluck with that and post up some videos!

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice, but where are your tow hooks?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Love This pic

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
nice, but where are your tow hooks?

thanks! I dont have any tow hooks right now. I really dont want to cut a hole in my bumper for them so I was thinking of getting tow straps. Still not sure but I'll have something soon enough.

--------------------

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for inviting us.....it was amazing riding with you on the track! Like you said now we are in at infineon. We met a few top guys and we are moving forward as a team!

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com