Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New wheels and coils on my daily (PICS) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New wheels and coils on my daily (PICS)
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks tight!
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lookin good Jay! Nice ride! Wanna trade for a S-10 Blazer?

Lems [Big Grin]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Lemonade:
Wanna trade for a S-10 Blazer?

lol

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
[worship]

One of my all time favorite cars! 98-05 GS300/400/430

Can u elaborate on fender shave?

Fender shave is cutting down the fender line where you would roll it. You can DIY with just a dremel and have to worry about getting that nasty fender wave you often see from a bad rolling job. The real plus is extra clearance to go lower without pulling the fenders. There are a couple DIY threads on clublexus

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Lems [Big Grin]

How are the tires? [Razz]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
quote:

Lems [Big Grin]

How are the tires? [Razz]
Very low miles!
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
[worship]

Fender shave is cutting down the fender line where you would roll it. You can DIY with just a dremel and have to worry about getting that nasty fender wave you often see from a bad rolling job. The real plus is extra clearance to go lower without pulling the fenders. There are a couple DIY threads on clublexus
I did that on my 93 coupe and was horrified at how thin that metal got once the lips were ground off... It's nice not to worry about putting waves in your fender

--------------------
Stangless

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

quote:
quote:
quote:
[worship]

I did that on my 93 coupe and was horrified at how thin that metal got once the lips were ground off... It's nice not to worry about putting waves in your fender
Typo on my part. I meant to say you DONT get that wave on the fender like you see on bad rolling jobs. But I understand what you're saying, shaving the fender actually takes away strength in the fender vs rolling them. If clearnace isnt a issue, rolling is probably the better option. Plus you wont have all that exposed metal from shaving off paint from the lip.

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Did you shave those fender-lips yourself?

I hate that wavy look that is so common with rolled fenders! At the same time, shaving them compromises strength and leaves some of that sharp metal exposed to potentially cut the tire.

Always a trade-off, I tell ya. Is shaving a common practice in the Lexus world? It's very rare in the Mustang world obviously.

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Anyone else on this forum drive a 98-05 GS 300/400/430?

--------------------
Stangless

94sssnake aka svt5150
¯
Member # 1237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94sssnake aka svt5150  Ford pictures for 94sssnake aka svt5150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yup... 99 GS400 Spectra Blue Mica. Bought it back in 01. Great cars.

--------------------
94 Cobra #2490
Saleen S351 Clone... Too Much $$$

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean gs bro!

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by 94sssnake aka svt5150:
quote:

Yup... 99 GS400 Spectra Blue Mica. Bought it back in 01. Great cars.
Got pics available?

--------------------
Stangless

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

quote:

I hate that wavy look that is so common with rolled fenders! At the same time, shaving them compromises strength and leaves some of that sharp metal exposed to potentially cut the tire.

Always a trade-off, I tell ya. Is shaving a common practice in the Lexus world? It's very rare in the Mustang world obviously.

I did the shaving. Its pretty common in the lexus world just because of the extra clearance for the low offset wheels and its very easy to do. Wish I shaved my mustang fenders instead of rolling them when I had the ccw's.

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:

I did the shaving. Its pretty common in the lexus world just because of the extra clearance for the low offset wheels and its very easy to do. Wish I shaved my mustang fenders instead of rolling them when I had the ccw's.
I hear you on that.

It's interesting that you never really hear about shaving in the Mustang world. I think if I ever had to clearance the fenders again, I don't think I would use a roller since I have not had the best experience (ie. wavy fenders)

--------------------
Stangless

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Got new smaller tires, lowered it more, alignment, and did more work on the rear fenders.

-

-

-

I'm not even halfway down the threads of the coilovers still.

I lowered the rear about 10threads further just to test the fitment and make sure rim to fender contact is not possible. It tucks right in.

-

[ February 24, 2012, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: J24I ]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

and one more  -

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

1972_Torino
¯
Member # 11091

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972_Torino  Ford pictures for 1972_Torino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Exactly how I want my Lexus to be. Clean bro
Posts: 125 | From: San Fran and eastbay | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

J24I, do you have a pic of your shaved fenders up close that you can share with us?

--------------------
Stangless

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice update man...i like your style

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put an Aristo swap in it, 2jz GTE. I see em on eBay going for $1800-2500 . That would be sick.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

The 19x9.5/19x11 rim size typically uses your 22/25mm offset when using the stretched tire look.

I notice that the 1.1.2 are also available with a 30mm offset front and rear in the same rim size.

I'm wondering if that would be a better option for someone going with a less stretched tire look?

Ie 255mm front / 285mm rear.

What tire sizes are you running?

Do you think a 30mm front and rear (9.5/11") will have clearance issues towards the inside of the wheel well?

--------------------
Stangless

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 99 Lexus gs300 black on black. I don't have it lowered but I have 20x9's up front and 20x10's out back. I do want to lower it someday

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by VENOMUS PONY 5.0:
I have a 99 Lexus gs300 black on black. I don't have it lowered but I have 20x9's up front and 20x10's out back. I do want to lower it someday

Lets see some pics! What offset and tire size?

--------------------
Stangless

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com