Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any of you guys work 2 jobs? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Any of you guys work 2 jobs?
Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's all on ambition, quoting N8, life quality goes down, I go to school have a part time job and help my neighbor with his business on my free time, I got 19-20 hr weekdays, sucks big time, but need the money for my cars [Big Grin]

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work two jobs and am a single father of fours girls three teenagers and one that is 11 years old.I work six days a week form 430pm to 100am and 130am untill aroun 7am it sucks balls.but I still dont make as much as I use to at my old job.But my girls are worth it.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work 2 jobs aswell. 7 days a week here and school. I'm a mechanic for MV Transportation working on east bay paratransit busses and I'm part time at One Toyota on Hagenburger in Oakland where I'm also a tech.

[ December 23, 2011, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: CobraTerritory ]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of good posts in here. I appreciate all of the advice.

So, if anyone knows of some part time opportunities in the south bay, please let me know [Cool]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For all you IT guys out her on CA fords. I work for a Tech support company called SupportSpace. We partner with company's like Geeksquad and Microsoft. What we do is provide remote services for their customers. We have experts who work from home or from where ever they want. Any of you that are good at IT stuff can attempt to become an expert for us. The gig is good and our experts make good money. You can set your own hours and all that good stuff. Or just come on to support customer's when ever you'd like. Our experts our considered to be third party contractors so you pay your own taxes and no benefits but the pay is GOOD. I think this can be a good option for you DLo. Anyone who is interested PM me and I can give you guys more info. This gig is legit and profitable so if you think it's too good to be true it's not were just a start up company that has only been around like 5 years. Im confident we will be here for a long time tho. Give it a try guys if your good on the phone/chat with customers and good with computers(PC/MACS). We have a lot of experts that do this to get more money. But it can become your only job if you work hard at it. We have some crazy guys that will work like all day and they some have made over $20,000 in a month(before taxes). I'm not trying to recruit anyone just trying to help someone out. [patriot] [patriot]
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:
Ive had 2 jobs for the last 3 years, going on 4. My main job for the last 3 years has been UPS. They only offer part time, full benefits(until high seniority they offer full time)and UPS checks werent doing it, so ive always had a 2nd part time. This last year I basically had one full time and UPS part time. Im about to turn 22 next month. Didnt do college, did Wyotech(electrical,havent found a job. still trying) so thats why i bust my ass. Dont have another option. Dont really have a social life, but in about a year and half, 2 years the latest, I will be a full time driver for UPS and wont have to worry about having 2 jobs cus they pay good. Drivers that is. If you are looking for a part time with full benefits, UPS is the place to be, shitty pay though. something to think about

This foo works with me, this is his other job. Don't know why he didn't mention it but he can vouch that were legit also. [Big Grin] [patriot]
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Sorry if I lagged to reply to any of your PM's.. Here is where you would start.. Check out the site.
http://corporate.supportspace.com/become-a-consultant/

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSF_5.0_WARRIOR:
Sorry if I lagged to reply to any of your PM's.. Here is where you would start.. Check out the site.
http://corporate.supportspace.com/become-a-consultant/

What are the qualifications? Ie degrees..
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I worked two jobs for about 5 years up until January, 2011. It does take a toll on your body and social life, but you have to figure out what your priorities are first.

My experience is that hard work will always pays off in the long run. Those five years taught me a lot about discipline and time management, which I have carried into my current role.

Every person is different and every person has a different outlook on working two jobs. My view is that I rather have more money and less time, than more time and less money.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i work 2 full time jobs i start my repo work tuesday-saturday 1:30-2:00am until im done with my route (generally pick up 3-6 cars per day) that sends me all over the place from marin down to king city out to merced. i work on call doing private property tow aways 7 days a week in the san mateo area when im not on route for repos.

ive been working like this for 5+ years
i normally just take naps sometimes i can get 4-5 hours of sleep.

its worth it to me because i still have time to spend with my wife and do projects around the house.

Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Snakezilla
¯
Member # 9553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakezilla  Ford pictures for Snakezilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work 1 job and have 24 employees. The cell phone is always on and Emails never stop so I feel like im never off...

[ January 03, 2012, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Snakezilla ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com