Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Boss is coming! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Boss is coming!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
I have read nothing but great thing's about the boss!

Me to, so I drove one and was EXTREMELY dissapointed! The articles hype it up WAYYY TOO MUCH, imo!
[Roll Eyes]
Dude,you never have anything cool to say.
Why is this guy such a d-bag?

I'm more of a realist, dip shit! Had I drove it and loved it, I'd post all about it. "I'd" MUCH rather have a loaded GT as this was nothing special. Until you drive one, don't bitch about my "opinion" of MY experience! I've driven a lot of GT500's and love them if that helps you any. The smooth, comfortable ride, A/C, nice stereo and KILLER TORQUE ON TIP ON!!!! BOSS was hyped by every article I'd read on it. Like hearing about an INCREDIBLE movie, then you see it and are like, ok, that wasn't bad, but not what it was built up to be.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No,your a dick.An asshole.A shit talker.An internet troll.
Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
No,your a dick.An asshole.A shit talker.An internet troll.
Just my 2 cents.

Not worth .02 [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have read nothing but great thing's about the boss!

Me to, so I drove one and was EXTREMELY dissapointed! The articles hype it up WAYYY TOO MUCH, imo!
[Roll Eyes]
Dude,you never have anything cool to say.
Why is this guy such a d-bag?

I'm more of a realist, dip shit! Had I drove it and loved it, I'd post all about it. "I'd" MUCH rather have a loaded GT as this was nothing special. Until you drive one, don't bitch about my "opinion" of MY experience! I've driven a lot of GT500's and love them if that helps you any. The smooth, comfortable ride, A/C, nice stereo and KILLER TORQUE ON TIP ON!!!! BOSS was hyped by every article I'd read on it. Like hearing about an INCREDIBLE movie, then you see it and are like, ok, that wasn't bad, but not what it was built up to be.

To each their own, but if you're comparing a loaded GT or GT500 that's it right there. You want more of the creature comforts. I myself wanted something that's all business and I've always preferred road racing over drag racing. not that I don't dig drag racing also.
I bought a base 2011 GT with brembos & 3.73's and nothing else. It was a great car with good power and handled well. My Boss blows it away in the handling department and being able to rev to 7500rpm pulling all the way to redline is just sick.
I did the Track Attack at MMP and let me tell you the cars just ripped the track up. Riding shotgun with a pro driver was a real eye opener on just how capable the cars are. He was probably only driving 70% of his ability to top it off. On the street you can't push the car anywhere near what it is capable of. Someone really let you smash on their Boss and you were disappointed huh? That's hard to believe. I won't let anybody drive mine!
No doubt the tip in torque on a GT500 will pin you in the seat, but a high revving NA engine has it's own appeal. Apples to oranges.

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
It was finished on the 7th and finally got on a train today. It still might make it before Christmas. Santa better get that train rolling! As far as I'm concerned, they can skip whatever stops they're supposed to make along the way.

-

Congats!!! I hope it shows up in time for a awesome Christmas present to yourself!

--------------------
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess there's always going to be people with differing opinions. The Boss looks like a cool car and I'm sure it runs but there will always be guys who just prefer to build up their own Fox, or an '03 Cobra etc. even though Ford has released a ton of cars since then. Although I don't think the Boss sucks lol I can see why the price, payments and that fact that you can still build up a pretty damn good 5.0 would make you not want to buy one.

I also agree with VN comp orange is bad ass on those cars just looks old school.

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. The new boss' are badass. Can't beat that high rpm n/a power [patriot]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Not_so_Stealth:
quote:
It was finished on the 7th and finally got on a train today. It still might make it before Christmas. Santa better get that train rolling! As far as I'm concerned, they can skip whatever stops they're supposed to make along the way.

-

Congats!!! I hope it shows up in time for a awesome Christmas present to yourself!
Thanks! The latest update shows an ETA of the 27th. Looks like a late Christmas present. If it was a GT500, it would've been on time. [Wink]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
What color you getting?

I'll wait until they bring back the BOSS 429 [Big Grin]

Performance White... same as the picture.

And you're going to be waiting a long time. [Wink]

LOL they will build it again someday and it'll be getting 40mpg [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Besides the graphics and awesome looking appearance package. What else does it have vs a normal 302?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Besides the graphics and awesome looking appearance package. What else does it have vs a normal 302?

It has 32 more horsepower from ported and polished cylinder heads and the Boss intake. All the internals are forged. You get an upgraded clutch and flywheel. The suspension is dramatically improved (different springs, sway bars, etc.) and uses 5 way adjustable shocks. The Boss has unique exhaust that features an additional pair of side exits ahead of the rear wheels. One of the coolest things is the TracKey. It changes roughly 400 engine management/vehicle parameters and includes a launch control feature, pit lane speed limiter, and a lopey idle. A few people have dyno'd with and without the TracKey and are showing just over 20 hp gains. You can also opt for the sweet Recaro buckets seats and Torsen diff. I did.

I think that covers most of the major stuff but there are definitely more obvious things like the wheels and stickier rubber. Also, Ford is only building about 3250 "standard" Boss 302's and just over 750 Laguna Seca editions for 2012.

[ December 20, 2011, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
quote:
I have read nothing but great thing's about the boss! Throw some drag radial's on it and shoot for the 11's [burnout] .

I have a set of 315/35/17 Nitto DR's already mounted for my Fastback. I might try to bolt those on.
Forget the DRs, take it out on a road course. Use it what it was built for.
I plan to do both.
Sound's like a good plan! Keep us in the loop with Your result's and or progress.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought Ford also did a little weight reduction on that car. Do you know the curb weight? Also see if you can find out if it has Ford's race abs module? Ford's race ABS module caused a big stink in American Iron last year. It works so well that cars with the race ABS take a -20hp penalty this year.

[ December 21, 2011, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: SF Coupe ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

It has 32 more horsepower from ported and polished cylinder heads and the Boss intake. All the internals are forged. You get an upgraded clutch and flywheel. The suspension is dramatically improved (different springs, sway bars, etc.) and uses 5 way adjustable shocks. The Boss has unique exhaust that features an additional pair of side exits ahead of the rear wheels. One of the coolest things is the TracKey. It changes roughly 400 engine management/vehicle parameters and includes a launch control feature, pit lane speed limiter, and a lopey idle. A few people have dyno'd with and without the TracKey and are showing just over 20 hp gains. You can also opt for the sweet Recaro buckets seats and Torsen diff. I did.

I think that covers most of the major stuff but there are definitely more obvious things like the wheels and stickier rubber. Also, Ford is only building about 3250 "standard" Boss 302's and just over 750 Laguna Seca editions for 2012.

Sounds pretty sweet, I guess people who don't buy collector vehicles will never understand what it means to have a limited edition car.

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
I thought Ford also did a little weight reduction on that car. Do you know the curb weight? Also see if you can find out if it has Ford's race abs module? Ford's race ABS module caused a big stink in American Iron last year. It works so well that cars with the race ABS take a -20hp penalty this year.

It weighs just over 3600... not much (if any) weight reduction.

I bet it probably has that ABS module. I know they did some great things with the traction and stability control systems.

[ December 21, 2011, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sounds pretty sweet, I guess people who don't buy collector vehicles will never understand what it means to have a limited edition car.
I prefer to buy limited edition cars. They hold their value much better.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

quote:
quote:
quote:

I had a 2011 bas GT with the brembos and 3.73's as the only options that I traded in on my Boss.
I know that I lost money on the trade in. But if I never bought that GT and realized how good it was I probably would have never been able to spring for the Boss. I just decided by the time that I put the recaros, suspension, boss intake and all the other stuff that I would have a "GT"
approaching boss money. It would have never been worth near the same money down the line though.

--------------------
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

ETA got bumped up to the 24th. Santa might deliver after all.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yee haa , Santa's been watching if you've been good or bad ! And he knows ! [Wink]
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
quote:

Yee haa , Santa's been watching if you've been good or bad ! And he knows ! [Wink]
Santa must know the truth. ETA just changed again to the 28th. Oh well.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Did you drive around the dealership just to make sure its not sitting there?

--------------------

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1 my cusin had the same thing happens to his special order 09 srt8 challenger

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:

I get daily updates as the railcar passes intermediate points. It was going through southwestern Wyoming this morning but it should be into Nevada by tomorrow.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I get daily updates as the railcar passes intermediate points. It was going through southwestern Wyoming this morning but it should be into Nevada by tomorrow.
Damn, so its gonna take 4 days to get here from Nevada?

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com