Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Christmas might be coming early. The Boss is coming! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Christmas might be coming early. The Boss is coming!
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
Dave that's sick. After seeing pics of the 2013 I'm starting to like them more and more

Thanks, T! [patriot]

After seeing pics of the '13 Boss, I'm loving the '12 more than ever.

What's the plan for the wheel and suspension setup?
stock suspension is already badass...and why change the wheels?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dave that's sick. After seeing pics of the 2013 I'm starting to like them more and more

Thanks, T! [patriot]

+1

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks, T! [patriot]

This.

The car already has an attractive set of staggered wheels that round out the look nicely... especially with the white and black.

As for the suspension, that remains to be seen. If I have any wheelhop issues like you get with some of the GT's, I'll probably change the rear control arms. I doubt I'll do much beyond that. The car is exceptional right out of the box.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the stock wheels more and more all the time. They just complete the look. That being said I'm getting a lightweight set of 18's for open track duty. The stock 19" tires run over $400ea.

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Not_so_Stealth:
I like the stock wheels more and more all the time. They just complete the look. That being said I'm getting a lightweight set of 18's for open track duty. The stock 19" tires run over $400ea.

Have you experienced any wheelhop on launches?

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks, T! [patriot]

This.

The car already has an attractive set of staggered wheels that round out the look nicely... especially with the white and black.

As for the suspension, that remains to be seen. If I have any wheelhop issues like you get with some of the GT's, I'll probably change the rear control arms. I doubt I'll do much beyond that. The car is exceptional right out of the box.

Sorry but those wheels look like Pooh. With the plethora of bad ass forged, 2 piece, and 3 piece wheels on the market the stock ones just don't stand up. Any DPE, HRE, TF, CCW, Rotiform, 360 Forged, etc wheel will being that car miles above the factory look. If your gonna get a baller ass ride, at least give it a baller ass set of wheels with a X11 in the back with a fat lip and a 335 tire.

I mean it will look good no doubt, but a nice set of wheels will make it look great

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks, T! [patriot]

This.

Sorry but those wheels look like Pooh. With the plethora of bad ass forged, 2 piece, and 3 piece wheels on the market the stock ones just don't stand up. Any DPE, HRE, TF, CCW, Rotiform, 360 Forged, etc wheel will being that car miles above the factory look. If your gonna get a baller ass ride, at least give it a baller ass set of wheels with a X11 in the back with a fat lip and a 335 tire.

I mean it will look good no doubt, but a nice set of wheels will make it look great

Wheels are a very subjective thing and you have a right to your opinion.

I used to be all about changing my wheel and tire combo but I haven't done it on the Raptor yet and probably won't on the Boss either. I like the wheels on both. Maybe I'll change them at some point in the future if I get bored with them, but not right out of the gate. The down payments alone are more than enough cash out of my pocket for now. I still have to keep some cash in reserve to finish my Fastback and pick up a classic Mustang or ten along the way. [Big Grin]

[ November 20, 2011, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com