Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Christmas might be coming early. The Boss is coming! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Christmas might be coming early. The Boss is coming!
Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$53k [Frown] outta my price range

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Poisond Pony:

You and me both!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats man. I bet your going to be real anxious till it's here.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Ouch! So $10k of mark up. Typical. I guess someone might be foolish enough to pay it.

Tell them that the exact same car just sold for $1k under sticker and see what they say. [Big Grin]

[ November 19, 2011, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're going to love it! Twin to my car. Be sure to go to the Boss Track Attack at MMP. Awesome experience! [patriot]

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Not_so_Stealth:
You're going to love it! Twin to my car. Be sure to go to the Boss Track Attack at MMP. Awesome experience! [patriot]

Its funny. If you look around on Auto Trader, the white seems to be a rare color combo but it sure seems to be a popular choice locally.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I initially wanted the CO/Black but figured that would be the most popular color combo. Now that I have a white one and after seeing all the color combos in person at mmp I like it the best.

--------------------
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
I initially wanted the CO/Black but figured that would be the most popular color combo. Now that I have a white one and after seeing all the color combos in person at mmp I like it the best.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for yours? Feel free to PM me.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I were in the market for a 2012 Boss, I would probably call this guy:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f169/new-2012-boss-302-msrp-181930/

Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing pics of your car Dave. I do think white looks great on any Mustang!

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by 68gtscode:
If I were in the market for a 2012 Boss, I would probably call this guy:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f169/new-2012-boss-302-msrp-181930/

Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing pics of your car Dave. I do think white looks great on any Mustang!

Thanks, Matt!

My situation is similar. I told the guy I ordered my Raptor through that I wanted a Boss. He mainly does trucks and a lot of Shelbys so he wasn't sure he was going to get another one. He got one more allocation and gave me first crack at it. I'd been looking for awhile and had talked to a few people. Most couldn't touch MSRP, let alone $1000 under.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:

Its funny. If you look around on Auto Trader, the white seems to be a rare color combo but it sure seems to be a popular choice locally.
I worked on a White one when I was at Morgan Hill. Now this one at my current dealership, plus your's and Not So Stealth, that makes for alot of White Boss'!

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:

I worked on a White one when I was at Morgan Hill. Now this one at my current dealership, plus your's and Not So Stealth, that makes for alot of White Boss'!
There's another one here locally. I think he bought it at Folsom Lake Ford. They had it on the floor for $10k over.

I'm still pretty sure that Race Red and Competition Orange are the most common colors.

I ran a nationwide search for the various colors. Its not very scientific but here are the results for the cars currently at dealerships.

- 43 Race Red
- 35 Competition Orange
- 24 Kona Blue
- 22 Performance White
- 2 Yellow Blaze

I knew there would be hardly any Yellow Blaze. That color is very rare... for good reason. Its ugly. It looks like Performance White is a distant second. I really love the Kona Blue and I would've gone that route if you could get black stripes instead of the horrible white.

[ November 19, 2011, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

I had to breakdown on the ones sold somewhere. CO/B is by far the most popular, almost 2 to 1 over the next RR/B. Then KB/W followed by PW/B and then BY/B. CO/W and RR/W are really rare and there is only 1 BY/W car. At least that was how it was a few months back.

--------------------
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I knew there would be hardly any Yellow Blaze. That color is very rare... for good reason. Its ugly.

Dave, easy on the "ugy yellow" comments, haha! I am actually not sure why a lot of people don't seem to like yellow Mustangs... I think they read on line that they are not supposed to. Yellow is actually one of the most desireable colors on other sports cars such as Corvettes and Porsche Turbos!
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
I had to breakdown on the ones sold somewhere. CO/B is by far the most popular, almost 2 to 1 over the next RR/B. Then KB/W followed by PW/B and then BY/B. CO/W and RR/W are really rare and there is only 1 BY/W car. At least that was how it was a few months back.

Good to know. That basically reinforces what I've been seeing.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys should get together for a photo shoot, out of those cars the white looks really clean and yeah that Laguna Seca red wheel package looks like crappy!
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:

I knew there would be hardly any Yellow Blaze. That color is very rare... for good reason. Its ugly.

Dave, easy on the "ugy yellow" comments, haha! I am actually not sure why a lot of people don't seem to like yellow Mustangs... I think they read on line that they are not supposed to. Yellow is actually one of the most desireable colors on other sports cars such as Corvettes and Porsche Turbos!
LOL. Have you seen Yellow Blaze? its nothing like the yellow on the Terminators. Its more of a putrid, barf yellow.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&car_id=306088127&dealer_id=67916&car_year=2012&systime=&doors=&model=MUST&search_lang=en&only_photo=1&start_year=2012&keywordsfyc=__Qm9zc yAzMDI%2C__&keywordsrep=066111115115032051048050&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=new&distance=0&min_price=&rdm=1321766406735&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywo rds_display=Boss+302&lastBeginningStartYear=2009&end_year=2012&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=SACRAMNTO-STKTN-MODESTO_SN&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&onl y_price=1&body_code=0&isFlashPlugin=true&transmission=Manual&default_sort=newonlysortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&color=YELLOW&address=95762&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&color2=&mak e=FORD&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=1844&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
You guys should get together for a photo shoot, out of those cars the white looks really clean and yeah that Laguna Seca red wheel package looks like crappy!

Agreed. On all points.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I just got my VIN #. Its scheduled to be built the week of December 5th which should get it here before Christmas!

Its hard to believe but the newest Mustang I've ever owned was my '03 Mach 1. I think I'm overdue.

-

[worship]

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL. Have you seen Yellow Blaze? its nothing like the yellow on the Terminators. Its more of a putrid, barf yellow.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&car_id=306088127&dealer_id=67916&car_year=2012&systime=&doors=&model=MUST&search_lang=en&only_photo=1&start_year=2012&keywordsfyc=__Qm9zc yAzMDI%2C__&keywordsrep=066111115115032051048050&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=new&distance=0&min_price=&rdm=1321766406735&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywo rds_display=Boss+302&lastBeginningStartYear=2009&end_year=2012&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=SACRAMNTO-STKTN-MODESTO_SN&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&onl y_price=1&body_code=0&isFlashPlugin=true&transmission=Manual&default_sort=newonlysortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&color=YELLOW&address=95762&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&color2=&mak e=FORD&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=1844&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

That yellow is disgusting!

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dave that's sick. After seeing pics of the 2013 I'm starting to like them more and more
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Dave that's sick. After seeing pics of the 2013 I'm starting to like them more and more

Thanks, T! [patriot]

After seeing pics of the '13 Boss, I'm loving the '12 more than ever.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Thanks, T! [patriot]

Yeah those 2013 look sick. Congrats on your BOSS bro [patriot]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Thanks, T! [patriot]

What's the plan for the wheel and suspension setup?
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks, T! [patriot]

What's the plan for the wheel and suspension setup?
+1 on that q, was actually talking to Ryan last night wondered if you're gonna slap some CCW or True Forged shoes on there?

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com