Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » heard bob kurgans tunin some cars down in socal..... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: heard bob kurgans tunin some cars down in socal.....
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Does he do a mail order tune?

just to follow up

quote:
Just an FYI... i am NOT supporting mail order tunes any longer... the reason is not because the tunes dont work, but because the installation has too many variables.. i have had customers on the phone for HOURS trying to figure out what was wrong only to find out the maf was on backwards, the maf wiring was cut, the fuel pressure was unknown because they didnt have a gauge, the timing was 10deg ATDC, the bypass valve was vented to the atmosphere, the computer wasnt clearanced and cleaned properly, and MANY other issues..

The BA2400 maf is repeatable within 2% and i have done close to 150 successful mail order tunes on foxbodies all over the country. It wasnt worth my time, aggravation, and chance at an unhappy customer so i rarely do any mail orders any longer..

I have been doing quite a bit of live tuning via the internet with FAST XFI, BS3, and AEM... most recently, i tuned a car from Canada as they were on the dyno and i was in my office!

So that's two things I would have to line up renting a dyno and getting Bob to tune my car via interweb

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

just to follow up

quote:
Just an FYI... i am NOT supporting mail order tunes any longer... the reason is not because the tunes dont work, but because the installation has too many variables.. i have had customers on the phone for HOURS trying to figure out what was wrong only to find out the maf was on backwards, the maf wiring was cut, the fuel pressure was unknown because they didnt have a gauge, the timing was 10deg ATDC, the bypass valve was vented to the atmosphere, the computer wasnt clearanced and cleaned properly, and MANY other issues..

The BA2400 maf is repeatable within 2% and i have done close to 150 successful mail order tunes on foxbodies all over the country. It wasnt worth my time, aggravation, and chance at an unhappy customer so i rarely do any mail orders any longer..

I have been doing quite a bit of live tuning via the internet with FAST XFI, BS3, and AEM... most recently, i tuned a car from Canada as they were on the dyno and i was in my office!

So that's two things I would have to line up renting a dyno and getting Bob to tune my car via interweb
Yeah only if you have one of the stand alone ECM's he listed. He can't do that with your factory computer.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StreakMatt:
quote:
quote:
quote:

just to follow up

quote:

Yeah only if you have one of the stand alone ECM's he listed. He can't do that with your factory computer.
guess its time to look for one anyone in paticular

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

just to follow up

quote:

bs3

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think its worth it for what Daniel has..

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

just to follow up

quote:

bs3
thanks Dan but i think Matt is right little to extreme for my set up maybe it will work in my fastback [Big Grin]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bs3,fast,fast xfi, don baliey is the man

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com