Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » heard bob kurgans tunin some cars down in socal..... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: heard bob kurgans tunin some cars down in socal.....
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by g-ride14:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
The numbers are classified but I could care less I have another satisfied customer that's all I care about

very very satisfied....thanks very much Dan...my car is a street monster for sure....not bad for a garage build...definitely worth the 800 mile round trip..
Did you go down to GTR?
Yes..drove my car there...dynoed, then drove home
Nice. They have a pretty cool shop down there.

Was there a certain reason you went all the way down there for a tune?

Yes..because we/I wanted the best and that's where Kurgan was scheduled to be...

plus, I was told by the "best" local tuner that my car couldn't be tuned with a chip and Kurgan was down to prove that theory wrong...

[ September 17, 2011, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The numbers are classified but I could care less I have another satisfied customer that's all I care about

very very satisfied....thanks very much Dan...my car is a street monster for sure....not bad for a garage build...definitely worth the 800 mile round trip..
Did you go down to GTR?

Yeah there was a reason. NOBODY around here can tune like Kurgan.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StreakMatt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did you go down to GTR?

Yeah there was a reason. NOBODY around here can tune like Kurgan.
it was also nice to have someone who was an expert on Big Stuff 3 as well and didn't make an excuse on not tuning it

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn couldn't you guys just arrange something like that to be local. I have 3 cars that I would love to be tuned by him. I'm sure we can get enough interest to get him down here, I guess the only issue is who would let us to use their dyno at a reasonable price.
Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by Beasty5.0:
Damn couldn't you guys just arrange something like that to be local. I have 3 cars that I would love to be tuned by him. I'm sure we can get enough interest to get him down here, I guess the only issue is who would let us to use their dyno at a reasonable price.

it was arranged by someone in Socal and we just happened to step up..

we may be setting something up for Spring around here...so stay tuned...however, just keep in mind, everyone will need to step up with a deposit as well

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Edit: Actually make that 4 cars because after my modular coupe is complete I would want him to tune it.

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
quote:

it was arranged by someone in Socal and we just happened to step up..

we may be setting something up for Spring around here...so stay tuned...however, just keep in mind, everyone will need to step up with a deposit as well

Even better gives time to get the modular coupe completed by then. Just let know how things were split up, so I can have my deposit ready and not get caught without it last minute.

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You have to realize one thing though. Bob isn't waiting around to just fly anywhere. This guys schedule is completely BOOKED year around. I was in contact with someone from LA about getting Bob out here. We have been trying to make it happen for a long time, This dyno day was in the pipeline for almost 2 YEARS. So if anyone thinks they can get a couple buddies together and have him fly out GOOD LUCK. The springtime/summer thing is just talk as of now.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

quote:
quote:

You have to realize one thing though. Bob isn't waiting around to just fly anywhere. This guys schedule is completely BOOKED year around. I was in contact with someone from LA about getting Bob out here. We have been trying to make it happen for a long time, This dyno day was in the pipeline for almost 2 YEARS. So if anyone thinks they can get a couple buddies together and have him fly out GOOD LUCK. The springtime/summer thing is just talk as of now.
I completely understand. I'm sure someone as good as he is, his schedule is swampped. That being said, just keep me posted whenever you guys are looking for people to have their cars tuned. But most importantly I would like to know how exactly things would be split up as I would hate to be caught off guard and not have the required funds when needed. Thanks.

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
quote:

this is so true...the guy is one of the most sought after tuners around....

he told us a story where he tuned 36 in 42 hours (over 3 days) at one event....and 0 complaints...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jason/Matt -

Thanks again for the heads-up invite yesterday - it was great to 'get back in the game' for at least a couple hours and see some well-built cars get the final icing on the cake

Matt - Had a great time shooting the BS with your pops and brother

Glad everyone made it back up north safely and soundly

Phil

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
Jason/Matt -

Thanks again for the heads-up invite yesterday - it was great to 'get back in the game' for at least a couple hours and see some well-built cars get the final icing on the cake

Matt - Had a great time shooting the BS with your pops and brother

Glad everyone made it back up north safely and soundly

Phil

hell yes...they had dyno issues almost all day...we left around 7:30pm...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

BackwardSnake
¯
Member # 10857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackwardSnake  Ford pictures for BackwardSnake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did you go down to GTR?

Yes..because we/I wanted the best and that's where Kurgan was scheduled to be...

plus, I was told by the "best" local tuner that my car couldn't be tuned with a chip and Kurgan was down to prove that theory wrong...

Turbo Mustangs are bad ass, maybe I can own one some day. 154 FTMFW

--------------------
Hi, my name is Jimmy Herrera aka 91Trunkster (510)375-1589 and I got snitched out by my friend or friends. Ain't that a bitch, some one or some people would rat out my fake account here to keep their own secret fake account? If you all forgot, I'm an old ass 30 something year old "man" that likes to make internet friends with boys fresh out of highschool. I like to post "bruh" a lot just like the annoying immature and ghetto CAFords kids do. I like to talk shit about this website, make it look bad, all the while trying to make and save money off of other members here. Some may call me a selfish immature bitch. Deep down I know they are correct, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life or anything but negativity to offer this community. This is a free site. Suckers spend good time and money to keep this website going. They're suckers for doing so, so fuck them, I'm going to take them for all they got. It's all about me in this world.

Who is the next troll or just plain annoying post whore to get the boot???

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/megamallard/guaposheep.jpg

SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT-DROP  Ford pictures for SVT-DROP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bob Kurgan = Bad ass tuner. [worship]
SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT-DROP  Ford pictures for SVT-DROP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I might be down to get dynotuned by Bob.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by Snakerider:
quote:

no offense but "might" won't get your car tuned by
Kurgan...... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tuning a car is not rocket science.

What makes Bob so good in some of your eyes?

If he is willing to take on highly modified cars that some tuners prefer not to touch, that would certainly be a destinguisher.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

If he is willing to take on highly modified cars that some tuners prefer not to touch, that would certainly be a destinguisher.

Miracle worker or not the numbers are amazing....he did introduce me to slot style maf and the benefits....that's priceless in my eyes and the only style maf ill be runnin on my ride

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

Tuning is obviously hard enough that not a lot if people actually do it correctly. But I could be wrong there must hundreds of tuners in the area then....

And we have been going to him for years for various tunes and he took on 3 cars that others said were either: a. Impossible to tune or b. Too complicated to tune

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BackwardSnake:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did you go down to GTR?

Turbo Mustangs are bad ass, maybe I can own one some day. 154 FTMFW
Trunkster your a fool to say you wish you had a turbo Stang

--------------------
Duh' Winning- Charlie Sheen

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does he do a mail order tune?

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

No...not anymore

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Snakerider:
quote:

no offense but "might" won't get your car tuned by
Kurgan...... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Haha let me rephrase that for you lol. I would definitely get my car tuned by bob Kurgan if he come out our way.
[patriot]

[ September 19, 2011, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Snakerider ]

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

just to follow up

quote:
Just an FYI... i am NOT supporting mail order tunes any longer... the reason is not because the tunes dont work, but because the installation has too many variables.. i have had customers on the phone for HOURS trying to figure out what was wrong only to find out the maf was on backwards, the maf wiring was cut, the fuel pressure was unknown because they didnt have a gauge, the timing was 10deg ATDC, the bypass valve was vented to the atmosphere, the computer wasnt clearanced and cleaned properly, and MANY other issues..

The BA2400 maf is repeatable within 2% and i have done close to 150 successful mail order tunes on foxbodies all over the country. It wasnt worth my time, aggravation, and chance at an unhappy customer so i rarely do any mail orders any longer..

I have been doing quite a bit of live tuning via the internet with FAST XFI, BS3, and AEM... most recently, i tuned a car from Canada as they were on the dyno and i was in my office!

[ September 19, 2011, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So whens the cat getting let outta the bag?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com