Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » . (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: .
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
rookies

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see the seller or buyer posting just a 3rd wheel ... Awkward

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont trust nobody i dont care if there da first member in this modafucka [patriot]

[ July 31, 2011, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: STANGBOY ]

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ July 31, 2011, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ July 31, 2011, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

[ July 31, 2011, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol ya nobody listed in this thread has a 7 sec. Car..lol and never has!!! That's comedy!!

This could go both ways! This is how I see it. $400 is a good deal for what was bought regardless if pistons were forged or not! But it does come down to a full refund for parts not as promised then the delivery charge is non refundable and buyer needs to deliver the motor back to seller. Get $400 back and sic9250 can resell as a non forged piston 306! Just because it was a good deal does not mean buyer ha to be stuck with a motor that was not as described. Shoul be his choice either way.

Also buyer keep in mind that without upgraded crank, block strengthening, or upgraded rods. The pistons are not going to be the failure point if the motor does fail. If u think forged pistons is going to make your block support over 500 flywheel hp then ur just crazy. Sounds like a budget build since u were trying to only spend 400 on a shortblock. Just run it and save for a REAL shortblock to handle a power adder!

FYI.. I have ran several stock shortblock cars at over 500fwhp and the parts that break are the crank or block! Everytime..never pistons as long as tuned right! Forged or not u can melt pistons from detenation!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it was advertised as forged pistons, and they were not, seller is in the wrong. Period.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive got to get brandons back on this one, guys a great seller. drove all the way from sacramento to san leandro in the middle of the night to deliver the 94 i bought off of him AND he even took off 100$ and GAVE me an off road x with it. the car was everything he said it was and is still running amazing as my dd that i am now making 80 mile trips back and forth to work 5 days a week in running STRONG.

weather of not the pistons were forged at this point doesnt matter that block alone would cost the buyer 400. you MIGHT be able to find a freshly machined BARE block for 400$. not to mention that he added on all the extras just becuase he is a cool guy.

if the buyer is seriously got his pantys in a bunch over that then he can sell those pistons EASY on ebay or CL and if he only sold them all for 100$ he would get back a quarter of his money so wtf?

hmmmmm........ 69$
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-headgaskets-7995.html

hmmmmm........ 100$
http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome-oilpan-302.html

hmmmmmm.... 40$
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/CAN-15601/Oil-Pump-Pickup-Tube-For-Can-15600-Or-Stock-Style-Rear-Sump-Pan

thats half the cost of what the seller paid for FREE

sic9250 is a great seller and ive got his back on this one. buyer got an amazing deal and i KNOW the seller goes out of his way to make sure his shit is ligit

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
If it was advertised as forged pistons, and they were not, seller is in the wrong. Period.

I'm not talking any side but this ^^^ is absolutely correct. Regardless of how dope the price is if it's not as described the sellers wrong. Analogy; If I saw an "03 cobra" for 8 grand and bought only to see it's a GT with a body kit, regardless how good the price is, I wasn't sold what Had been advertised. Sellers wrong and I need a resolution. Just my .02

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It needs balanced anyway so just hang a set of probes or somethin forged on the rods and roll with it.

Gonna run great!!!!!!!!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

I'm not talking any side but this ^^^ is absolutely correct. Regardless of how dope the price is if it's not as described the sellers wrong. Analogy; If I saw an "03 cobra" for 8 grand and bought only to see it's a GT with a body kit, regardless how good the price is, I wasn't sold what Had been advertised. Sellers wrong and I need a resolution. Just my .02
+1000. This is a good example buying a new edge GT with a cobra body kit for $8000 to find out it's only a GT with a KB. Sic9250 your 100% wrong no matter how good the deal was. You sold him pistons advertised as forged only they were not. So you should give the buyer back all his money if he wants, or work a deal out. Before you start calling any body names and how broke they are you have to look at yourself. Your in the wrong and you admitted that they were not fordged It seems like your trying to justify the good price to cover up rhe false advertisement.Your not willing to refund the seller his money because you obviously need it, and your hurting for cash, other wise what's the problem. If your not hurting for money then just refund him his money and resale the items.

[ July 31, 2011, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Sonic96GT ]

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats not even a good comaprison, if h sold the guy 302 engine block instead of a 351 engine block then you might have a comaparison but your doing apples to oranges. the cobra is worth like 15-20k were a gt is like 8k

forged:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLP-L2482F30/

hypers:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLP-H273CP30/

your talking about a grand total of 80$ differance between pistons. the cost of the extra parts should have made it well worth the mistake in piston types. for 400$ and 200$ in FREE parts that were gona be needed for the final engine anyways the buyer and his friends should stop bitching, sell those hypers and buy some forged pistons and STILL come out on top budget wise thanks to the FREEEEEEEEE pan, pump, AND gaskets.

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

fuck he could sell all those parts for more money than he paid
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ July 31, 2011, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ July 31, 2011, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------

Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 915.0gt:
fuck he could sell all those parts for more money than he paid

So your saying the seller could have also sold the parts for more... So what is your logic. Why not just refund him his money an resale for even more.
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

[ July 31, 2011, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the engine was advertised as having forged pistons, the seller needs to refund the money in full. Each member's post count and financial status don't have anything to do with this. Similarly, the other parts or "overall deal" isn't relevant... the engine could have a crankshaft made of solid gold, but the buyer should still be able to get a full refund based on it not having pistons as advertised.

[ July 31, 2011, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: 68gtscode ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your whole life is a fraud cali, this is the prime example of what you deal with when your dealing with your top ramen ass eating ass. hahaha

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Your whole life is a fraud cali, this is the prime example of what you deal with when your dealing with your top ramen ass eating ass. hahaha

I guess your Sic9250's friend.. from that post. I've never been fraud about anything I've done/bought/sold

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:

I guess your Sic9250's friend.. from that post. I've never been fraud about anything I've done/bought/sold
Far from it, looks like he's always involved in some sort of misunderstanding too. I wouldnt want to deal with either of your asses.

--------------------

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
quote:
quote:

Far from it, looks like he's always involved in some sort of misunderstanding too. I wouldnt want to deal with either of your asses.
Plenty of people could vouch that I'm a cool guy here on the board... Thanks though. i'll never buy/sell parts from you either. Get off the post now

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Plenty of people could vouch that I'm a cool guy here on the board... Thanks though. i'll never buy/sell parts from you either. Get off the post now
How are you cool, when you get something that you obviously paid for and didnt over pay for but was not the come up your dumb ass thought it was going to be............... Oh wait, there's no such thing as a free lunch, well maybe if you come over i'll give you a free cup o noodles lunch for free for ya.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com