Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 331 build , I'm done! *update* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My 331 build , I'm done! *update*
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
Motor is looking good. how much power you looking at?

I'm hoping for 340 hp 360 tq to the wheels with a tune. I would buy a oil pan but my motor money has dwindled. Only have enough left for some valve covers and a tune. I'm about 1k over budget.
Give me the Vette, and I will buy you a pan, [Wink] Looks like a good build, and Dan is a great guy to deal with. What cam did you go with?
Crane 2031

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OOOOHHH NOOO
jay with a 331? [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i finally had some time to get some wrenching done. Here are some new pics. I got some small details left and it should be running by the end of the week.

-
 -

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ July 18, 2011, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean!!!

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

BackwardSnake
¯
Member # 10857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackwardSnake  Ford pictures for BackwardSnake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great!

--------------------
Hi, my name is Jimmy Herrera aka 91Trunkster (510)375-1589 and I got snitched out by my friend or friends. Ain't that a bitch, some one or some people would rat out my fake account here to keep their own secret fake account? If you all forgot, I'm an old ass 30 something year old "man" that likes to make internet friends with boys fresh out of highschool. I like to post "bruh" a lot just like the annoying immature and ghetto CAFords kids do. I like to talk shit about this website, make it look bad, all the while trying to make and save money off of other members here. Some may call me a selfish immature bitch. Deep down I know they are correct, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life or anything but negativity to offer this community. This is a free site. Suckers spend good time and money to keep this website going. They're suckers for doing so, so fuck them, I'm going to take them for all they got. It's all about me in this world.

Who is the next troll or just plain annoying post whore to get the boot???

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/megamallard/guaposheep.jpg

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that looks awesome , nothing like popping the hood and having something fresh under it.
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good shit Jay! That engine bay looks very nice! Can't wait to hear it running and see it back on the track [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Thanks guys. This car has been sitting for 3 months with no motor. Now the front end looks like it has a lift kit. LOL, I hope it will settle back down. Im glad I took the extra time to lay down a coat of black satin in the engine bay, it make all the aluminum pop. How do you like my rattle can intake with 6 coats of clear? Im debating on a battery relocation kit and Off road X pipe. I hope to have a "1st start up" video in a few days.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

99Mamba
¯
Member # 7506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Mamba  Ford pictures for 99Mamba    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice work what paint did you use for the intake?
Posts: 660 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by 93Nacho:
Nice work what paint did you use for the intake?

I used "cast aluminum" Heat resistant Engine Enamel made buy Rust-Oleum. Followed up with the same brand clear. I used their high heat flat black on the headers after having them sand blasted to remove all contaminates. Supposably good up to 2000 degrees. We will see. The directions say to let it cure for a day or 2, I cant remember. I let it cure for almost a month. LOL

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very, very nice bro!!!!! I did my intake in the same finish. Only thing I did different was sand/smooth it out from the orginal casting then painted it.. It looked better than brand new, than it got all nicked up thanks to a fellow board member.... Dang this made me reflect, you blew your motor, ordered new parts, put it together, now dropped it in, all before I installed my blower lol..... Seems like that's what's next on my list thanks for the motivation..

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 2031 is a good cam for that application considering the Solo 1/open track day focus of the powerplant. That cam is very kind to valve train components. Perfect for long term mid to high RPM transition use.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
Very, very nice bro!!!!! I did my intake in the same finish. Only thing I did different was sand/smooth it out from the orginal casting then painted it.. It looked better than brand new, than it got all nicked up thanks to a fellow board member.... Dang this made me reflect, you blew your motor, ordered new parts, put it together, now dropped it in, all before I installed my blower lol..... Seems like that's what's next on my list thanks for the motivation..

What goes around comes around. Motivation that is. I lost it and 1 time, a couple of members gave it back to me now its my turn.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Blk93Pony
¯
Member # 10798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93Pony  Ford pictures for Blk93Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that things turning out real nice

--------------------
Black 93 Mustang GT - currently down
Pearl Black 06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 - stock for now

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That looks to pretty for the street now, put it back in the museum buddy [Razz]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That baby needs some longtubes!!

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ok so I finally finished up today and turned the key. Motor sounds good and drives very smooth. I'll post up a Quick video tomorrow. Here are some pics of the motor complete. Thanks again to Dan "Turbo50", you da man!
 -
 -
 -

[ July 24, 2011, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks sweet good work
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks sick man

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! The 94-95 5.0's are really starting to grow on me.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice jay! Good work getting it all put back together and running! I can't wait to see/hear/ride in it [Whoo Whooooo!] Now break it in and sign up for some trackdays [dance]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good man

--------------------
89 Saleen #310
64 1/2 coupe
73 mach 1
73 vert
66 vert
65 vert
67 coupe
67 coupe
66 coupe

Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOWA WEE WAH

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
 -

LOL, thanks for the round of applause.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com