Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 331 build , I'm done! *update* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My 331 build , I'm done! *update*
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some of you know about my problem at Thunder HIll a few months back. Things are starting to come together. Here are a couple of pics of the new motor.
Before Dan "Turbo50" came to pick everything up.
 -

a couple weeks later and this is what he dropped off yesterday
 -
 -

I'm hoping to find time in the next week or so to drop this bad boy in. I cant wait to hear this thing start up.
I wanted to take this time to thank the following people.
1st off Dan "Turbo50" - All I got to say is this dude knows his shit. Thanks for taking the time to answer my countless questions, leading me in the right direction and ultimately building this engine. A stand up guy for sure that looks out for other enthusiasts.

JohnB - Thanks again bro for the over the phone tech support and helping me pick the right parts for the build.

CobraCoupe - Thanks for the block & crank. It was exactly what you said it was . A good seller and stand up guy.

Ian "SydeWaySix" & Greg "9cobra7" - Thanks for the positive encouragement. It was needed after the F'ed up day at the track. I was a little burned out on wrenching but they helped me get back on the right path.

I will keep updating as I go with a 1st start up video and shortly after that I'll get a Video of this thing on a Dyno getting tuned.

This site sometimes is over run with the BS in general talk but this proves that this site is full of real car guys that are willing to help one another, because thats what its all about.

THANKS!!!

[ July 24, 2011, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YES! YES! YES! This build is full of WINNING Jay! Good shit for sure! I told you bro...don't let the f'ed up engine end the beginning of your track career [Wink] Good choice sending it off to a pro to build it too! You'll have a lot more confidence in it. [patriot]

Let me know when you start dropping it in and putting it all together. I'll be kind of busy these next couple weeks but if you're still wrenching after the weekend of July 2nd I'll be free! I want to help you get on the track asap! [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout] [patriot]

Oh yea, dont get pissed off when that blingin' motor of your's gets all dirty [Razz]

[ June 22, 2011, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice! [patriot]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
saw this last week when I dropped off my block for Dan...very impressive little build. I am very surprised with the quality of those E-street heads....

oh BTW...if you find a grip of cash in the oil valley of the motor, please give it back to Dan..lol

[ June 22, 2011, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: C6Z06s_own_50Deep ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YEEEEEE

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
saw this last week when I dropped off my block for Dan...very impressive little build. I am very surprised with the quality of those E-street heads....

oh BTW...if you find a grip of cash in the oil valley of the motor, please give it back to Dan..lol

LOL, after my 10% Finders fee.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice very nice.. that was a quick turn aroud too.. atleast I know when my block blows into a million pieces I have a mad scientist to do my work quickly... keep us updated [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice bro! Can't wait to see it done and out at some meets

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

hes2quick
¯
Member # 8916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hes2quick  Ford pictures for hes2quick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's good to see that there are still some good people out there that will take a few minutes of there busy life to help another person out [patriot]

--------------------
91 coupe with a 6 point cage,draglites, and some suspension work,3.73

Posts: 105 | From: Redwood City now Tempe, AZ | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good jason!!
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on that was a fast turn around I wanna know what kind of power it's going to make!! Glad it's gonna be running cause it would still be in pieces at my house

--------------------
1965 Mustang convertible
2004 Ford Lightning #0537

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd suggest taking this opportunity to throw on a canton 7qt road race baffled oil pan, no better time than now.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
I'd suggest taking this opportunity to throw on a canton 7qt road race baffled oil pan, no better time than now.

No doubt cheap insurance on that beautiful 331. That's awesome news man and I think you picked the right cubes for open tracking too!
Just make sure your last little bit of work is a good tune and a nice little autometer water temp gauge, for looks of course [Wink]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Return of the mack.... [worship]

[ June 22, 2011, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT-DROP  Ford pictures for SVT-DROP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice build you have going there Jason [Smile]
What happened to the old motor?

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

+1

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! Did you go with the base E street heads or one of the other options. It should rip.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Switch that oil pan out. I would hate to see you loose oil pressure on a turn with that new motor

--------------------
89 Saleen #310
64 1/2 coupe
73 mach 1
73 vert
66 vert
65 vert
67 coupe
67 coupe
66 coupe

Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
SacNotch50
¯
Member # 7439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacNotch50  Ford pictures for SacNotch50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice job best luck on the build [worship]
Posts: 232 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Motor is looking good. how much power you looking at?
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good [patriot]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:

I'm hoping for 340 hp 360 tq to the wheels with a tune. I would buy a oil pan but my motor money has dwindled. Only have enough left for some valve covers and a tune. I'm about 1k over budget.

[ June 24, 2011, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice! [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll loan you the money, get the freakin' pan! Pm me
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:

I'm hoping for 340 hp 360 tq to the wheels with a tune. I would buy a oil pan but my motor money has dwindled. Only have enough left for some valve covers and a tune. I'm about 1k over budget.
Give me the Vette, and I will buy you a pan, [Wink] Looks like a good build, and Dan is a great guy to deal with. What cam did you go with?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com