Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » any lsx mustangs around? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: any lsx mustangs around?
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your focussing on ford vs chevy to much bud. I love fords and have no doubt they can make hp and last. This isn't just about drag racing and stripped down fox bodys with autos.... doesn't take rocket science to make that fast in the 1320. Warhorse I know you got a nice chunk of change in your "simple" combo. Dart block canfield heads ect 8k or higher if you bought all new. You could easly spend they same cash on any brand x and go just as fast if not faster in the same car.
400+rwhp are the norm for any ls motor with simple mode. For a streetable easy going drive across the country motor. Im a all around kinda of person. I want to get in fire it up drive anywhere do anything and make power and even get good mpg. Fact is how many mustangs on this board make the same power for the same $? Shit I think ls motors make so much power because they copied ford with the equal spacing port heads. Newer technolgy means more hp and longevity.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Your focussing on ford vs chevy to much bud. I love fords and have no doubt they can make hp and last. This isn't just about drag racing and stripped down fox bodys with autos.... doesn't take rocket science to make that fast in the 1320. Warhorse I know you got a nice chunk of change in your "simple" combo. Dart block canfield heads ect 8k or higher if you bought all new. You could easly spend they same cash on any brand x and go just as fast if not faster in the same car.
400+rwhp are the norm for any ls motor with simple mode. For a streetable easy going drive across the country motor. Im a all around kinda of person. I want to get in fire it up drive anywhere do anything and make power and even get good mpg. Fact is how many mustangs on this board make the same power for the same $? Shit I think ls motors make so much power because they copied ford with the equal spacing port heads. Newer technolgy means more hp and longevity.

true i have a lot more than 8k in my motor.. but that doesn't take from the fact that it is a 351w with a 20 over bore. 8.5 to 1 comp.. i can take my heads(old ass 205cc canfields) and intake drop them on any 351w and make close to the same power.. you don't need a billet sonny bryant crank or custom je piston good for 1400hp to make the power i am. i can get stock 351w bottom end and make close to the same power. honestly i'd make more. since it would bump up my comp. my motor will drive anywhere i want it to on 87 pump gas. now it won't get as good of gas milage. but it's a carbed car.. if i wanted i'm sure i could get a lot more out of it if i went to efi.. but i don't care.. the reason lsx make more power from the factory is simple.. they have more cubes and way bigger heads.. [patriot] and with the extras it takes to put a lsx in a ford you could easily get a set of heads and intake and make the same power as the lsx. [patriot] i'm not saying the lsx isn't a good motor or doesn't make power.. or for that matter isn't a good swap for a older chevy car.. and if your set on it.. then go for it.. in the end it's your car, so do what you want to it.. it will just be a sad day for your ford if you do..

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Talon, just remember this before u decide to crossover, LSX motors are garbage boat anchors & anyone who owns any LSX powered vehicle is a douchebag!!! [Wink]

You know exactly what im talkin about man.You cant honestly tell me that alot of LSX owners arent arrogant,cocky douchebags.You used to hate them.Youve listened to em run theyre mouths and look down on you because you had a modular car.Some LSX guys think theyre untouchable.
C'mon man!This isnt a personal attack on my friends who own LSX cars(you,Chad,Scott).Its the assholes ive met over the years.You know im right,you even know some of the asswipes im talkin about.And yes,from my mouth you heard LSX motors are better performers in STOCK form than the old modulars and Fords pushrod motors,everyone knows that.Its an unfortunate fact.Still dont want one though.To each his own i guess.

[ June 14, 2011, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Epik you left me nothing to add!!! well said...lol

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
Chevy did a great job on those cylinder heads.That and cubic inches are the ONLY reason LSX's are better.So in order to compare you must compare aftermarket heads since ford didnt give us any that flow that well.

351-4v closed chamber heads bone stock will out flow most aftermarket aluminum heads. Like 300cfm at .600 on the intake and 180cfm on the exhaust at .600. Unfortunately Ford only made the Boss 351 one year which later became the 351HO for another year, but that engine was underrated at 330hp. The Boss 302 which had essentially the same heads made way more than the advertised 290hp. Here's some cool articles on how much power these engines with stock Cleveland heads really made.

Boss 351 vs LT1

Boss 302 vs z28

[ June 14, 2011, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im shooting for 650-700 hp from my stock longblock cam only turbo'd 5.3 on pump gas... let the nay saying commence [Big Grin]
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sick65:
im shooting for 650-700 hp from my stock longblock cam only turbo'd 5.3 on pump gas... let the nay saying commence [Big Grin]

that is it? lol i'm going for a 5.8 and 900-1000hp on pump gas.. but i got a ford.. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm one of the few open minded people on the board who have actually owned both. I've had a ton of pushrod Fords. I've had modular powered Fords. I've had multiple LS powered vehicles, one of them over 500hp with just bolt ons.

The fact is that both families have great engines capable of big power. Because of that, I don't see the point in spending the extra coin on the parts required to stick a brand X engine in a brand Y vehicle. I don't think a Chevy belongs in a Ford and I don't like seeing a Ford in a Chevy.

The reality is that a lot of people feel the same way and wouldn't share your enthusiasm for creating a crossbreed. In fact, you will devalue your car by doing so. You're creating a smaller market of potential buyers when you ultimately decide to sell the car.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

that is it? lol i'm going for a 5.8 and 900-1000hp on pump gas.. but i got a ford.. [patriot]
WINNING! lol

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
Thanks Epik you left me nothing to add!!! well said...lol

I typed that just for u my friend [Cool]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey warhorse is your high and mighty 5.8 gonna be a stock longblock. is it gonna be readily available for $500 or so dollars. instead of just seeing numbers and writing some bullshit, take the time to read the entire thing and make an apple to apple comparison. which in this case you didnt-
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

That's Funny [burnout]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
hey warhorse is your high and mighty 5.8 gonna be a stock longblock. is it gonna be readily available for $500 or so dollars. instead of just seeing numbers and writing some bullshit, take the time to read the entire thing and make an apple to apple comparison. which in this case you didnt-

Kinda like chevy guys comp a catfish to a foxbody.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dave I some what agree I wouldn't spend a ton of coin to make a simple ls1 swap but if I came across somthing exotic I would swap it in. Coyote,ls7-9,ferrari lol

And yeah new factory motors are stout compared to old 302 and 351's plus the blocks and poor cyclinder head bolt placement.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
talon your car your money an you can do what ever you want with some will love most will hate b/c there closed minded
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by THE REAL DGAF:
talon your car your money an you can do what ever you wantit with. some will love it most will hate b/c there closed minded

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

just
a
bunch
of
bullshit
comin
out
talons
ass..

he is driving around a untuned 32 valve that cant go past 4000 rpms and he wants more power...lol wow

[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Has nothing to do with my current motor. I love the modular motor I don't care about going fast right now as im still breaking in the motor, clutch and car. Big talk. Bud from somebody who has only had an iron headed e cam 306 [Eek!] you would shit your pants with 400rwhp fox. [patriot]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya there will be no shittin here girl.. also it does not matter what set up i have had.. im steppin up my game with my 93 cobra build.. [Big Grin]

just think its funny your even thinking of the catfish modd.. are you smoking coronas or drinkin them..

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Good im glad you finally make some hp. Maybe some more shit talking will actually motivate you to get your ass out there and work on your car. Instead of twiddling around with chin spoilers and fancy over flow bottles you should actually put a motor together. [Razz]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damm talon now you got me checking out some lsx blocks for my notchback lol, i still love my fords no matter what but it has me wanting to build a frankenstein first lol, lots of raw power with that lsx block, not saying that ford isnt capable but for the best bang for the buck the LS powered fox is in the lead haha so i feel ya on wanting something different. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
damm talon now you got me checking out some lsx blocks for my notchback lol, i still love my fords no matter what but it has me wanting to build a frankenstein first lol, lots of raw power with that lsx block, not saying that ford isnt capable but for the best bang for the buck the LS powered fox is in the lead haha so i feel ya on wanting something different. [patriot]

No mames Ozzy puras fallas con tigo [Frown]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

lil butt hurt you cant have that over flow that just layin around my clean ass garage.. dont worrie about what im doing to my daily cause obviously someone bite my style.. trust me if it aint fast it sure will be clean as fuck..

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:

No mames Ozzy puras fallas con tigo [Frown]
hahah puro cottoreo compa, ay tengo algo guardadito...que si te va a gustar cuando lo termine. [Wink]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep GM engines in GM products, this is a decent LS2 swap here.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83305

LSX in any mustang platform is like a bankok ladyboy.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com