Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » any lsx mustangs around? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: any lsx mustangs around?
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
-sic9250 if somebody said here i will trade your 306 for a ls7 if you put it in your notch tell me you wouldn't do it!! and yes im all about the 32v right now they make a ton of hp with small c.i. also very efficient with strong oem parts. but are big and bulky and fuckin $$ to mod.

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
-sic9250 if somebody said here i will trade your 306 for a ls7 if you put it in your notch tell me you wouldn't do it!! and yes im all about the 32v right now they make a ton of hp with small c.i. also very efficient with strong oem parts. but are big and bulky and fuckin $$ to mod.

-
 -
 -
 -

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

sooo sick....

Its funny alot of people are compairing built motors to STOCK lsx's. LMAO. No ford N/A factory motor can compare. WAKE UP!!!

I love mustangs and fords, but im not blinded by them.

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chevy did a great job on those cylinder heads.That and cubic inches are the ONLY reason LSX's are better.So in order to compare you must compare aftermarket heads since ford didnt give us any that flow that well.Neither did Ford give us 340+ inch motors.No one said a stock ford motor is as good as an LSwhatever.Were just sayin a Ford can be built to be just as good as an LSX.And we dont wanna see another Stang guy become an arrogant douchebag LSX owner.The whole problem with LSX owners is that most of em are cocky assholes and act like theyre shit dont stink.They make snyde little remarks,and suddenly think they are demi-gods because they drive LSX's.It is fucking annoying and is the reason i will never give up and own one of those boat anchors.
[patriot]
And anyway,Fords new line of engines are rewriting the hierarchy of American v8's.
Now GM is gonna play the forced induction and catch up game.

[ June 13, 2011, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not throw a coyote in that b@tch? it will take a heads cam ls1 to compete with that.. but im all for a lsx stang too..sorry guys
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like everything about that baby blue fastback ! But under the hood sorry I would put that in a f body not a ford

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not one for crossbreeds... of any kind.

BTW, the new 6.2L in the Raptor is 380 cubic inches and makes great power for only a 2 valve engine. It makes more torque than the 6.2L LS3 and is right there on power... with almost a full point less compression.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ugotsmoked:
quote:

-
 -
 -
 -

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

sooo sick....

Its funny alot of people are compairing built motors to STOCK lsx's. LMAO. No ford N/A factory motor can compare. WAKE UP!!!

I love mustangs and fords, but im not blinded by them.

[Roll Eyes]
Ummmmm....one word......COYOTE.

--------------------

Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
why not throw a coyote in that b@tch? it will take a heads cam ls1 to compete with that.. but im all for a lsx stang too..sorry guys

+1, I'd be happy with either one. However, if I were to be throwing an LSX into something, it would be a forged LSX on boost.

Question for you guys, I know it's a truck motor but has anyone taken the a motor out of the new Raptor and thrown it into an old school?

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Price also is a factor. A new coyote is sick and would be top pick if money was not a factor. But they ate still not built for big hp.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Price also is a factor. A new coyote is sick and would be top pick if money was not a factor. But they ate still not built for big hp.

I'm pretty sure that Evolution Motorsports crossed over the 700 RWHP with their boosted Coyote.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:

+1, I'd be happy with either one. However, if I were to be throwing an LSX into something, it would be a forged LSX on boost.

Question for you guys, I know it's a truck motor but has anyone taken the a motor out of the new Raptor and thrown it into an old school?

I think you missed my post about 3 above yours.

One issue with the 6.2L in the Raptor is that it runs a large bore. The bore spacing (and length) of the block is much larger than a mod motor. The biggest problem is that no one makes PCM/installation kit for it yet.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-
 -
 -
 -

More pictures and specs. I want it so bad!!
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They ruined a perfectly good fastback, cross breeding is gay!

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

quote:

Dont know about that.Why not?Theres already big numbers turning up out there.

[ June 14, 2011, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Not my thing but here ya go.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/mustangs-sale-wanted-1987-1993/1308348-1993-ls1-notchback.html

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Talon, just remember this before u decide to crossover, LSX motors are garbage boat anchors & anyone who owns any LSX powered vehicle is a douchebag!!! [Wink]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
306 to LS7 [Confused] ...common bud,apples and orange's right there, now if we got on a more "real world" level and instead the question is, trade for a 5.3 for the 306?? That is more pratical but i would still am gonna stick with the 306 bud [dance] I bleed blue [Wink] "it is what it is" hahaha [worship] [worship] [worship] LSX's are fuckn nasty yes but remember your roots brotha [burnout]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Talon, just remember this before u decide to crossover, LSX motors are garbage boat anchors & anyone who owns any LSX powered vehicle is a douchebag!!! [Wink]

wheres the like button
Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 50DADDY:
[QB] Chevy did a great job on those cylinder heads.That and cubic inches are the ONLY reason LSX's are better.So in order to compare you must compare aftermarket heads since ford didnt give us any that flow that well.Neither did Ford give us 340+ inch motors.[endqt]

Well there ya go, right out of you mouth. You can't compare a stock ford motor to a lsx. Supercharged fords barely hang. It's just the way it is. I'm not a cocky lsx guy at all, I'm just sayin facts. What do you think would happen if you stroked an lsx and slapped a set of heads on it? I woke up after building my white car. I'm too old and have too many other things going on in life than throwing money down the toilet trying to make a new edge fast. The day it was totaled was one of the best days of my life.

--------------------

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

The coyote is stout but pistons and rods arnt the greatest. Now the boss 302 motor address all that but that's a nice check to write. Then if you want to add custom bumpsticks get the checkbook out again.

Putting the 6.2 raptor motor would be cool but its way to big. The lsx is a very small package easly set way back in the car for good weight distribution. Plus it benifits from new designs. O-ring gaskets aluminum components ect.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

quote:
The coyote is stout but pistons and rods arnt the greatest. Now the boss 302 motor address all that but that's a nice check to write. Then if you want to add custom bumpsticks get the checkbook out again.

Putting the 6.2 raptor motor would be cool but its way to big. The lsx is a very small package easly set way back in the car for good weight distribution. Plus it benifits from new designs. O-ring gaskets aluminum components ect.

Spoken like a true car enthusiast.

--------------------

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMHO, there's nothing wrong with a cross-bred foxbody because those cars are track-whores... But I feel like a lsx in anything other than a fox is stupid.. I would never, ever put one in a old school... Especially one that already has a 32v in it..

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Where'd the shock towers go?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Its a full frame car with c4 vette suspension..... all hand dabbed in his garage. Pro-touring.com "$5000 mustang" its a 90 page build thread but worth the time to read your jaw will hit the floor. I wouldn't mind a nre twin turbo motor 427lsx 1200hp on pump 1800 on. Good gas

--------------------
fast and cool shit

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
IMHO, there's nothing wrong with a cross-bred foxbody because those cars are track-whores... But I feel like a lsx in anything other than a fox is stupid.. I would never, ever put one in a old school... Especially one that already has a 32v in it..

it's this simple. if you can't make your chevy boat anchor fast, just buy a mustang and drop your brand x-motor in it. [patriot] correct me if i'm wrong isn't a lsx a 7.0? and if it is compareing a 5.0 with crap heads to a 7.0 with good heads not very fair at all. why not compare a 351 with a set of good heads? but what do i know. i have a dumb simple 351w with 2.5 points of comp lower and still make more power.. [Razz]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com