Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1995 cobra cam swap ???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1995 cobra cam swap ???
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well im looking at a 1995 cobra this weekend or early next week. its got all the bolt ons, some suspension work and 3.73's.
if i buy this car ill probably end up rebuilding the motor but keeping the gt40/cobra set up with some minor porting.
my question is which off the shelf cam i should go with. with such a mild street set up i cant justify getting a custom cam.
holy hell its going to be nice to be in a mustang again [Smile]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well if you are going to get the heads ported and then keep the combination basically the same then you can still get a custom cam. Be forewarned though as any cam swap will at least require some fiddling with the idle (get a tune or tune yourself with a piggyback controller) due to the 94-95 computers. I mean you can do without, but it will do a lot better with some tuning.
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you going to keep the 1.7 rockers? If so, run the Comp 2031 cam. it works with the 1.7's, doesn't throw a fit with the 94-95 computers, and works great. It's smog legal too.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Screw that, go with a TFS stage 3!!! Go big or go home [Big Grin] If your going to run the 1.7's I hear the B303 works very well with those too.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha those were the two i was looking at...and the camzilla.

as for the rockers, i was planning on just using the 1.7s

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2031 is a really good cam for 94/95's

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com