Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » California SMOG is BS (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: California SMOG is BS
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I took my car down to my buddys shop to get a pre smog today, and it passed without any problems. Here are the numbers.

HC-023
C0-00.00
NOX- 131
c02-14.1
02-1.9
AFR-15.7

So I go to a TEST only station because thats where I have to go, and they wont smog it because of the GT40 Intake. Says it needs a CARB EO number stamnped on it even though its a ford part. I hate California, just another way for them to rip us and part manufactures off. Who gives a shit about the part, shit passes the sniffer!!!

Thats my rant for the day! [Mad]

[ December 11, 2010, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Camara90 ]

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smog is a good thing, but it is a travesty the way the state of CA carries out smog testing. Absolutely outrage imho.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sucks

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
So I took my car down to my buddys shop to get a pre smog today, and it passed without any problems. Here are the numbers.

HC-023
C0-00.00
NOX- 131
c02-14.1
02-1.9
AFR-15.7

So I go to a TEST only station because thats where I have to go, and they wont smog it because of the GT40 Intake. Says it needs a CARB EO number stamnped on it even though its a ford part. I hate California, just another way for them to rip us and part manufactures off. Who gives a shit about the part, shit passes the sniffer!!!

Thats my rant for the day! [Mad]

your car running lean
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plugs look good.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your afr is off it's on the lean side
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Maybe its just Part Throttle.

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try a different station.
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

I tried two Stations, I think without the factory GT40 tubular cover it looks to aftermarket for these fools. I might just go grab a explorer upper and strap it on, just stupid to have to go through all this shit, when it passes for emission. Its shit like this that makes me want to leave this fucking state.

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Its shit like this that makes me want to leave this fucking state.

Agreed. This particular topic of visual failure has been getting under my skin for years.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
California should only care if the vehicle passes the sniffer test nothing else. The visual inspection is a complete joke

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I tried two Stations, I think without the factory GT40 tubular cover it looks to aftermarket for these fools. I might just go grab a explorer upper and strap it on, just stupid to have to go through all this shit, when it passes for emission. Its shit like this that makes me want to leave this fucking state.

Why would you want to leave the state over some smog bullshit, you'd find 10 other more important things to bitch about living in some other state that you'd not be able to do there that you can here. I understand your frustration but it's not that serious now or is it? I can just see the conversation now, "What brings you to Montana?" I don't have to smog my Mustang over here, duh.

[ December 11, 2010, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Trunkster ]

bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
quote:

Why would you want to leave the state over some smog bullshit, you'd find 10 other more important things to bitch about living in some other state that you'd not be able to do there that you can here. I understand your frustration but it's not that serious now or is it? I can just see the conversation now, "What brings you to Montana?" I don't have to smog my Mustang over here, duh.
LMAO

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck smog...

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
California should only care if the vehicle passes the sniffer test nothing else. The visual inspection is a complete joke

100% agree

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those assholes are wrong, I researched this not too long ago and there is no CARB number for intake manifolds. If they have an EGR then its considered a stock replacement and isn't required. Print that off the DMV website and take it into a smog station. They just worry because all the bullshit sting operations CARB is doing to all the shops they just automatically turn people away if there's any chance they could get busted.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Those assholes are wrong, I researched this not too long ago and there is no CARB number for intake manifolds. If they have an EGR then its considered a stock replacement and isn't required. Print that off the DMV website and take it into a smog station. They just worry because all the bullshit sting operations CARB is doing to all the shops they just automatically turn people away if there's any chance they could get busted.

+1 same way it works for an edelbrock intake.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go on to yearone.com or the CARB/ARB website. Year one should have the carb info on their site. Also the ARB site should have a listing of all the aftermarket parts for vehicles which are compliant. The GT-40 is one of them. Do some research and you will find the info you need. Don't let someone elses lack of knowledge slow you down. You should always get that info ready before you go into a smog station.
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

quote:
quote:

I didnt say it was just smog shit, exact words was shit like this. This is just icing on the cake. They want to take away our guns, make it were we cant buy aftermarket parts for our cars, have to buy factory replacement cats, cant talk on the phone while driving but women can put on makeup, read, and do their hair. Cant have gas pumps that hold the lever, have to go to lunch before 5 hours at work, high ass taxes, additional taxes on shit I buy like TV's, no gambling, the fact that our State has 30 million for people to get rebates for buying Appliances, but my kids dont have books at school. The price of houses, traffic, shity roads etc.... I am sure their are a ton more things, but these are just some I can think of at the moment.

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

Thank you sir, I found this on the CARB web site, but it only shows for 94-95 5.0l. I will research this.
[patriot]

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermkteo.php

[ December 12, 2010, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Camara90 ]

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
[Q. Don't let someone elses lack of knowledge slow you down. [/QB]

AN WHY SHOULD A SMOG TECH HAVE TO LOOK YOUR AFTER MARKET PARTS TO MAKE SURE THERE LEGAL THAT ON THE OWNER OF THE CAR TO PROVE THAT IT'S LEGAL
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
quote:
[Q. Don't let someone elses lack of knowledge slow you down.

AN WHY SHOULD A SMOG TECH HAVE TO LOOK YOUR AFTER MARKET PARTS TO MAKE SURE THERE LEGAL THAT ON THE OWNER OF THE CAR TO PROVE THAT IT'S LEGAL [/QB]
that's kind of like a PC repair tech refusing to remove the virus from your computer because your computer has a neon pink cooling fan with glowing lights inside it.

the neon pink fan does the exact same thing as the stock black fan, just like a gt40 intake does the exact same thing as the stock intake manifold.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didnt say it was just smog shit, exact words was shit like this. This is just icing on the cake. They want to take away our guns, make it were we cant buy aftermarket parts for our cars, have to buy factory replacement cats, cant talk on the phone while driving but women can put on makeup, read, and do their hair. Cant have gas pumps that hold the lever, have to go to lunch before 5 hours at work, high ass taxes, additional taxes on shit I buy like TV's, no gambling, the fact that our State has 30 million for people to get rebates for buying Appliances, but my kids dont have books at school. The price of houses, traffic, shity roads etc.... I am sure their are a ton more things, but these are just some I can think of at the moment.
whats really on your mind mike? lol
Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CARB EO numbers:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
2slow2go
¯
Member # 9159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2slow2go  Ford pictures for 2slow2go  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
quote:
[Q. Don't let someone elses lack of knowledge slow you down.

AN WHY SHOULD A SMOG TECH HAVE TO LOOK YOUR AFTER MARKET PARTS TO MAKE SURE THERE LEGAL THAT ON THE OWNER OF THE CAR TO PROVE THAT IT'S LEGAL [/QB]
Your a bitch. It's a fuckin smog techs job to know his shit. I feel sorry for your wife having to live with a bigger bitch then her

--------------------
-2004 Cobra ¿ur scared?

highsidn stangs

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com