Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 04 Cobra or Mach1? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 04 Cobra or Mach1?
DA PO PO FOO
¯
Member # 1910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DA PO PO FOO  Ford pictures for DA PO PO FOO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
is this a serious post [Confused]

I checked the calendar to make sure it was not april fools myself.
hahaha
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
is this a serious post [Confused]

+1 no brainer COBRA
+2

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I have to say is FREE POST! [Whoo Whooooo!]

this had to be a joke, if its not GET A COBRA. Same mods are available for both vehicles but the cobra comes with better trany, Supercharged etc etc. If you have a budget and the Cobra is out of your price range well then the Mach 1 is a great car and you can make it fast!

Good LUCK

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Duh!
Is this a trick question?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a coba, put exhaust, springs and diff. Wheels and call it a day

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[dance] ...deff a cobra.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id deff say get the mach 1.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have owned both...hense the screenname and current sig! I loved the mach but COBRA ftmfw! once u go termi you never look back...here are the specs to look at

03-04 cobra...

built forged cast iron shortblock!
6 speed transmission
aluminum flywheel
factory supercharger
cant beat the looks of the cobra as far as exterior and interior!

only downfall is the IRS (for drag race but rides WAY better) but there are tons of people that would trade u the SRA for the IRS! so no big deal!

03-04 mach 1

factory SRA with 3.55s
still has the good heads
aluminum block
looks pretty clean! mine i continued the black stripe across the roof and trunk, s281 wing and saleen wheels! DSG best color!

ummmmmmmm for those people who say just add a blower, NO! i blew up 3 stock motors with my vortech! ran hard made close to 450rw and hooked hard on stock suspension! ran mid 11s! but couldnt afford the 10k plus to build the motor to hold boost plus the 6k i spent on the blower and supporting mods!

choice is clear! TERMINATOR

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by M&M Performance *BlownMach1*:
I have owned both...hense the screenname and current sig! I loved the mach but COBRA ftmfw! once u go termi you never look back...here are the specs to look at

03-04 cobra...

6 speed transmission
aluminum flywheel
factory supercharger

only downfall is the IRS (for drag race but rides WAY better) but there are tons of people that would trade u the SRA for the IRS! so no big deal!

03-04 mach 1

factory SRA with 3.55s
still has the good heads
aluminum block
looks pretty clean! mine i continued the black stripe across the roof and trunk, s281 wing and saleen wheels! DSG best color!

ummmmmmmm for those people who say just add a blower, NO! i blew up 3 stock motors with my vortech! ran hard made close to 450rw and hooked hard on stock suspension! ran mid 11s! but couldnt afford the 10k plus to build the motor to hold boost plus the 6k i spent on the blower and supporting mods!

what kind of shortblock were you going to build that would cost 10k plus [Confused] forged shortblock go for about 3k and the hold 900rwhp

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:

03-04 cobra...

6 speed transmission
aluminum flywheel
factory supercharger

03-04 mach 1

factory SRA with 3.55s
still has the good heads
aluminum block

what kind of shortblock were you going to build that would cost 10k plus [Confused] forged shortblock go for about 3k and the hold 900rwhp
lol
this isnt GT5 brah
its real life

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:

03-04 cobra...

6 speed transmission
aluminum flywheel
factory supercharger

03-04 mach 1

factory SRA with 3.55s
still has the good heads
aluminum block

lol
this isnt GT5 brah
its real life

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/prod_shortblocks.htm

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^ [Eek!] I want that turn key for 30k [worship]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would buy a Cobra. Mach1's are great, but you will probably end up wanting more power. By the time you upgrade the rods,pistons and transmission to handle the power that a stock Cobra can handle the price difference will be gone. That's not even counting the blower to make that power.

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com