Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2 YEAR PRISON SENTENCING (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2 YEAR PRISON SENTENCING
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
n8 you like to use that "rose colored glass" phrase alot. and youre right. but you know what? you have your rose colored glasses on too
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oakland is wack, they shoulda burn that bitch down...the real Gs are in LA... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uncle bill:
n8 you like to use that "rose colored glass" phrase alot. and youre right. but you know what? you have your rose colored glasses on too

not really, I am not sheeple. And I see things for the face value as well as the perceived value. That is the opposite of Rose colored glasses. I look beyond bias.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tashas_c0upe:
quote:
Originally posted by sydewayzLX50:
everybody talks about the officer and fails to realize that when a cop tells you to comply and you dont they have to prepare for worst case scenario. if he had listened to the officers he would still be alive today. we as society grant officers who at times put their lives at risk for us the authority to make split second decisions like mehserle did. unfortunately their decisions are not always correct. everyone gets caught up on black and white and the media feeds off this crap to sell papers and want to make it worse. witnesses even said that he genuinely looked suprised when the gun went off. bottom line is, people look at the controversy and lose focus on the reality of the situation. if he hadnt been causing trouble, or complied with authority in the first place, he would still be alive. god rest his soul i wish death upon nobody but he caused it. and i somewhat agree with the judges decision, maybe a little harsh but not ridiculous either. and the difference between vick and mehserle is that vick was intentionally killing in cold blood, even if its dogs. im sure people will hate me for this post, i am in no way a racist, i look at the situation not the persons background

YOU MUST HAVE NOT SEEN THE VIDEO AND IF YOU HAVE YOU ARE BLIND... WHAT MORE DOES AN OFFICER NEED??? HE HAD HIS BACK UP THERE, OSCAR WAS ALREADY ON THE GROUND WITH MEHSERLE'S KNEE ON HIS KNECK WHY EVEN TASE HIM FOR THERE WAS NO NEED... AND AIN'T NO WAY A GUN WEIGHS AS MUCH AS A 9MM HE KNEW WTF HE WAS DOING...
Finally someone with common sense

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
Originally posted by Tashas_c0upe:
quote:

YOU MUST HAVE NOT SEEN THE VIDEO AND IF YOU HAVE YOU ARE BLIND... WHAT MORE DOES AN OFFICER NEED??? HE HAD HIS BACK UP THERE, OSCAR WAS ALREADY ON THE GROUND WITH MEHSERLE'S KNEE ON HIS KNECK WHY EVEN TASE HIM FOR THERE WAS NO NEED... AND AIN'T NO WAY A GUN WEIGHS AS MUCH AS A 9MM HE KNEW WTF HE WAS DOING...
Finally someone with common sense
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

Again, let KARMA handle that cop from now. He will eventually get his [Smile]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No expert here but a taser is neither the same weight nor feel of a pistol, do know that. I also thought that in firearm training one is taught to unholster, position, safety off, target lock and fire. Seems like alot of steps to quickly go through before sending burniing lead into somebody. And since when are they holstered in the same position? The only tasers i have seen are holstered opposite the firearm, maybe personal preference?? Shit, what kind of training did this guy get? Are the standards that low??

What I don't understand is, I have no idea why the officer apprehended the suspect in the first place. The media has done a fantastic job telling us what happened but not why. Maybe I missed something but I never heard what caused this in the first place.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"What I don't understand is, I have no idea why the officer apprehended the suspect in the first place. The media has done a fantastic job telling us what happened but not why. Maybe I missed something but I never heard what caused this in the first place."

^ He was fighting on the BART train and causing alot of problems..... When the police arived he was acting a fool. The video cameras came out hoping for another Rodney King tape. ( Because we ALL know cops are dirty )

To make matters worse..... after Grant was killed, another
outstading member of Oakland named Lovelle Mixon
decided to kill four Oakland officers. Mixon and others felt grant was murdered in cold blood and that the cops had their "KARMA" comming. [Frown]

Seeing as their were 2 great Oakland residents killed to 4
cops, I'd say let's just call it truths. Many people have been
affected by the these tragic events. Let's just all try and learn
from this and hope we can stop history from repeating itself.

Just my .02

[ November 06, 2010, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's first take some english courses so we can learn how to express ourselves and not sound retarded. I would sure hope a 9mm, which I believe is a gun, weighs and much as a regular gun lol. They are the same, right or am I wrong. Read you post.

We should just kill all the cops, give everyone in Oakland crack and guns. In two years it will be over and we can rebuild. The shit is done, go take an english course and relax.

Lets just all get hyphy and just do what it do bay style. This shit is stupid

bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
everybody talks about the officer and fails to realize that when a cop tells you to comply and you dont they have to prepare for worst case scenario. if he had listened to the officers he would still be alive today. we as society grant officers who at times put their lives at risk for us the authority to make split second decisions like mehserle did. unfortunately their decisions are not always correct. everyone gets caught up on black and white and the media feeds off this crap to sell papers and want to make it worse. witnesses even said that he genuinely looked suprised when the gun went off. bottom line is, people look at the controversy and lose focus on the reality of the situation. if he hadnt been causing trouble, or complied with authority in the first place, he would still be alive. god rest his soul i wish death upon nobody but he caused it. and i somewhat agree with the judges decision, maybe a little harsh but not ridiculous either. and the difference between vick and mehserle is that vick was intentionally killing in cold blood, even if its dogs. im sure people will hate me for this post, i am in no way a racist, i look at the situation not the persons background

+ 1

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
General Butt Naked
¯
Member # 4831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for General Butt Naked  Ford pictures for General Butt Naked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A innocent man died for no reason. Only a self righteous moron would blame him in any way for the how he was killed.

--------------------
"le bout est nu"

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by General Butt Naked:
A innocent man died for no reason. Only a self righteous moron would blame him in any way for the how he was killed.

[Roll Eyes]

Innocent man......... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the police department should of sufferd for there low class training of this moron, that < accidentally?> shot the guy laying on his stomach while many officers where kneeing him in the back. i think cops are for the better, but they just hire any young gun with a chip on his shoulder.i def think police should undergo a lot more training before there loose on the streets.
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The argument is old. Good guy vs. Bad guy, cop vs. Citizen, white vs. Black, suburbs vs. Oakland. Same shit different day. Fact is, a cop shot a guy in the back, went to court and convicted. Sentenced for 2 years with timed served. How each of us feel about it is our own opinion which comes from experiences in our life. So please, save the oakland vs suburbs, black vs. White, good vs bad, and cop vs. Citizen debate because its not getting anywhere. Explain this to me: how can someone that kills a guy by shooting him in the back get the same amount of time as a guy that shots himself in the foot. Or a guy that releases 650 minks into the street, or a guy that bribes another, or lastly a guy that's carrying drugs? I don't get it, taking another life is the ultimate sin. Either his sentencing was too short, or the others were too long. Bottom line is, they weren't equal.

Question, how much time you think will I get if I killed a spectator on accident racing my car at the street races?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[worship] [worship] [worship] this sums it up for sure!!! [patriot] [patriot]

also if the officer was blk also there would not be so much bullshit going on!! [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
No expert here but a taser is neither the same weight nor feel of a pistol, do know that. I also thought that in firearm training one is taught to unholster, position, safety off, target lock and fire. Seems like alot of steps to quickly go through before sending burniing lead into somebody. And since when are they holstered in the same position? The only tasers i have seen are holstered opposite the firearm, maybe personal preference?? Shit, what kind of training did this guy get? Are the standards that low??

What I don't understand is, I have no idea why the officer apprehended the suspect in the first place. The media has done a fantastic job telling us what happened but not why. Maybe I missed something but I never heard what caused this in the first place.

very well said..also, the police were called because he was trying to "pocket check" people on the bart and start trouble..so when he was on the ground, why wasnt Mesherle, or any of the other officers going for the cuffs? He wasnt going anywhere with 2 big guys on him an police surrounding the area [Confused]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:

Question, how much time you think will I get if I killed a spectator on accident racing my car at the street races?

if you stayed after the accident you would get about 2 years if you ran after there more charges you could get about 7 years
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

if you stayed after the accident you would get about 2 years if you ran after there more charges you could get about 7 years
I jus seen on CNN yesterday, a girl was in court for a hit and run in which 5 people died. She later turned herself in but was convicted to 36 years

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kingroy you dont sound like an idiot so Ill answer your question about times. Lets start with drugs. I guarantee if you got caught with drugs, possession or sales for the first time, you wont get shit. We all know that, so lets not argue that point, but if youve been arrested a million times, on probation, with time over your head, or strikes on your records, they will throw the book at you, its called progression. No one I know has got 15 years for simple drug possession their first time. Second, I saw a guy get 2.5 years in prison for drunk driving the wrong way on a city street and killing someone. Now is that fair either, I say no, was he reckless in his actions, yes. He got 2.5 years. I could go on and on. All these situations are different and if you have ever dealt with the court systems you know they are very very lienient toward everyone. I know guys that have done 4 years in prision for a cold blooded murder. I dont see everyone running around breaking windows because of that, and that kinda shit happens everyday. Finally I will finish with this, The family sued for 25 million. If my mom got killed on that platform, I bet you I would get 25 million. His daughter got 1.3 or 1.7 million, you tell me why it was so low. Cause in a court of law, especially a civil court of law, they take "what your worth" on paper and thats what they come up with. What Im trying to say is if he was a great, fatherly figure that did everything right in his life and led that perfect life that all these people say he did, his family would have had 25 million. Since he wasnt it went down to 1.3-1.7. This is coming from a lawyer. Have a great day just figure Id speak some facts, with evidence behind them and not, the white cop was a racist his whole life and always wanted to kill a black man type of shit.

[ November 07, 2010, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: 51505.0 ]

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Either his sentencing was too short, or the others were too long. Bottom line is, they weren't equal.

Come on your black right? life isn't fair, you should know this by now [Big Grin] ...Just keep your head down and comply with officers of the law..

To be honest.. If you don't comply with a police officer or even talk some smack back to them then please be prepared for anything... I usually just go along with what they are saying and look, I'm still alive [patriot]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If Grant was killed by some guy who caught him stealing his car you'd all be cheering but since it was a cop that killed him your all mad. It was a fucked up situation but the guy had a serious criminal history and because he was fucking around on the train in the first place combined with him resisting this happened. Its just too bad no one will admit they are only mad because the guy was a cop.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com