Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » WHERE TO GET MY DOGS EARS CROPPED (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: WHERE TO GET MY DOGS EARS CROPPED
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the functionality of getting the dogs ears cropped? Is it just for looks or does it serve a purpose?

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks!!! Here is a before pic

-

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After Surgery with the cones on!! They come off Monday!

-

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, they look really happy afterward.
03RedfireSVT
¯
Member # 10069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03RedfireSVT  Ford pictures for 03RedfireSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If looks could kill. LOL

--------------------
03 Redfire Cobra
AED Tuned
468rwhp/494rwtq

04 Buell XB12S

Posts: 205 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

They are full of energy now! That pic was their first day back home! They were still doped up!! It took 3 days for them to get back to running around & being themselves after surgery! I will post a new pic up with the bandages off!!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry I did not read the full post. But why are you guys chopping the ears? Is it because you think it looks bad-ass? Or does it serve a medical purpose?
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Sorry I did not read the full post. But why are you guys chopping the ears? Is it because you think it looks bad-ass? Or does it serve a medical purpose?

I do it because to me it looks best! I get the show dog ear cropped size! Standard at dog shows so why not! I dont believe it has a medical purpose!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Aunt and Uncle have a pittbul that loves to shake it toys and he has poblems with his ears from it. That would be the only medical case I know of for getting them cut.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
Looks!!! Here is a before pic

-

Your dogs are cute as can be like this. I am not sure I could pull myself to do that. But at least you take good care of them.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

See N8 you gotta have the "look". It doesn't "look rough n' tough with ears, so chop them off. The dogs would "look" tougher if you chopped off the tail too because a wagging tail doesn't look tough to me. Wagging tail means it's happy and that won't scare would be criminals. [Eek!]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

started out when guys would fight the dogs i makes it hard to bite the ear

[ October 24, 2010, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

See N8 you gotta have the "look". It doesn't "look rough n' tough with ears, so chop them off. The dogs would "look" tougher if you chopped off the tail too because a wagging tail doesn't look tough to me. Wagging tail means it's happy and that won't scare would be criminals. [Eek!]
A waggin stump is scary?...lol. jk.
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Just came home from taken the stiches out & cone off!!
 -

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv

theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

I dont know if its the pic or not, but the crop job on the right looks fucked up.

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theturbofrdguy:
quote:
 -

I dont know if its the pic or not, but the crop job on the right looks fucked up.
both look fuck up to me

[ October 26, 2010, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't do it. If you chop them I cannot see any more cuteness out of him/her when they tilt their head sideways in wonder. You know that adorable look.
Besides if you do they end up looking like some black-owned "Thug Dog" (no offense) [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ October 26, 2010, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: 50/50 ]

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50/50:

Besides if you do they end up looking like some black-owned "Thug Dog" (no offense) [Whoo Whooooo!]

DAMN [Eek!] Thats kinda fucked up to say [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, I agree with the NO CROPPING of the ears. The dogs look way better WITH their real ears. Only thing I'd do is dock a docg's tail if its the appropriate breed.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 50/50:
...black-owned "Thug Dog" (no offense) [Whoo Whooooo!]

Hopefully you have not reproduced yet. So the stupidity will hopefully end with you.

I mentioned this to my vet yesterday as I was taking my dogs in for a check up. And he said this is a highly frowned upon practice. And that chopping the ears actually can have a adverse affect. The dogs ears and the ability to moved them helps ward away mosquitos and other bugs that bite. These bugs might in turn might carry harmful disease. And cutting away the ears exposes sensitive tissue that may have otherwise been covered and protected by the extra ear tissue that dogs use to essentially swat away pests.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Instead of trying wasting money on trying to make your dog look "mean and cool," why not spend some money on some hi-performance dog training...this dog OWNS all your dogs [Big Grin]

http://wimp.com/parkourdog/

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Instead of trying wasting money on trying to make your dog look "mean and cool," why not spend some money on some hi-performance dog training...this dog OWNS all your dogs [Big Grin]

that dog is a beast!
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:

Now that is much "cooler" than mangling your dogs ears. Imagine having a pitbull that can do cool tricks instead the looking "cool" sitting there.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it all depends on the breed of the dog, My dobermans ears are cropped just like 99 % of them out there its just like when their tails get cropped as well. Also ALOT of Vets will NOT do cropings so it is hard to find.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:

that dog is a beast!
DAMN!!! That dog was bad ass!
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

damn that looks terrible. poor dogs  -
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com