Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What Got you here on CaFords.com? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What Got you here on CaFords.com?
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I joined after my Brinks alarm got effed up and the brinks technician guy came to ma house to fix it. He went into my garage to work on sum stuff and he saw ma 66 mustang. He told me about CAfords and I've been wit u guys ever since, I forgot his screen name? If u see dis hit me up bro

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's funny is that I hated 98cobra.com. I had friends that joined but I refused it was a stupid name and what pissed me off was when I saw cars that weren't 98 cobras with the sticker on it. The founders had a good idea but I just didn't agree with the name I guess you can say. I was told about cafords and I signed up. It was tell later I realized it was 98cobra with new name.

Good work guys and thanks for a great forum!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510 mob shit  Ford pictures for 510 mob shit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Found this site by talkin to people at the street races way back in the day ... When racing was fun.. With guys like chris(paintjob) and Joe ,Kevin, jose and jeff, chris, mike,and my boy David with the 93 cobra.. Back in the day when we were the kings of San Jose!!!!I bet some people can remember those days!!

--------------------
FHFC

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
u can see how big this site got and how fast. look at dana member number and join date along side mine and then john b. alot of ppl got on this site around 02. i miss those days [patriot]

Me too, Damn those were better days.
[worship]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
u can see how big this site got and how fast. look at dana member number and join date along side mine and then john b. alot of ppl got on this site around 02. i miss those days [patriot]

[patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brought my car out to a 98cobra.com cruise that my sister told me about. She was on this site before me. The cruise was cool as well as the people so I got on here. Then went on a 2nd cruise a year later and everyone was acting like idiots in a parking lot and got a couple nice rock chips on my car from a guy that did a burn out in front of me when I let him back into the cruise line. It pissed me off so I stopped posting on this site.

I dont know why the hell I came back on here. The idiot count is down now, but not by very much. lol [Big Grin]

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by M&M Performance *BlownMach1*:
well i was stalking eddie510 and heard he had a set of ffp valve covers i wanted so i joined to have a reason to meet! lol jk

same as everyone else..it was the 98cobra.com stickers so i checked it out.. think it was already cafords.com when i signed up under my old account...supercharged90lx i think...i lost the info and ended up making this one later on..98cobra.com was back in the dial up days, before DSL even...haha our computers were super slow!

those were my force fed performance valve covers that came on a motor i bought from lee.i remember you drove all the way from sac to get those things from eddies casa.lol.and you edie are the reason im here u use to fuin live on this shit.then u put me up on corral.net and all the other car spots.it took me a while to sign up tho i didnt do it untill 04 when i was in okc for my pops funeral and i knew i had alot of money commin my way and i was looking for a stang [patriot]
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
parts tech best part its a local site
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A dude I met at one of Byron's old mobile dyno days at Apex is when I first heard of cafords. I was working on...well Byron Reynolds was working on..I was just trying to make it fit and not leak atmosphere on an induction blower pipe (really hose) for a sn95 vortech. It worked well..it was just plain ugly and it leaked eventually from the heat coming off of the vortech:)

I was looking for some techies on a forum that were local that might know more about the eec then me so I could get some tunes down correctly (as compared to the corral.net). So far no luck..but still a bunch of great guys if they laid off the cafordbonics in some of the threads..jk.

[ October 26, 2010, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
I was partingout my first stang and 2 dudes came over and were hella debating against eachother over what was better trick flow twisted wedge heads or afrs.. One the guys I forget his name told me about eastbayracing when it was actually a legit site and then somehow I heard about cafords from that site too.. The guy was a white dude that had a 79 pace car he was building up.. I think a lot of people knew him. He ended up parting the car out for some reason.

Man I remember those days. I was like 16 years old... Eastbayracing.com was owned by Mike D .. Used go couple times to antioch to chill out there. thats the white guy ur talking about (Mike) .... He had a 79 pace car...I remember Big Matt with the Orange mustang and custom front bumper... Fast back then.. anybody else was a member from that site that posts here now?
Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My cousin 87coupe510 got brought me along. Now i visit the site ATLEAST once a day
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:
I was partingout my first stang and 2 dudes came over and were hella debating against eachother over what was better trick flow twisted wedge heads or afrs.. One the guys I forget his name told me about eastbayracing when it was actually a legit site and then somehow I heard about cafords from that site too.. The guy was a white dude that had a 79 pace car he was building up.. I think a lot of people knew him. He ended up parting the car out for some reason.

Man I remember those days. I was like 16 years old... Eastbayracing.com was owned by Mike D .. Used go couple times to antioch to chill out there. thats the white guy ur talking about (Mike) .... He had a 79 pace car...I remember Big Matt with the Orange mustang and custom front bumper... Fast back then.. anybody else was a member from that site that posts here now?
dan turbo50 does an big matt,big matt end up with that pace car at one time

[ October 27, 2010, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I Googled "shit talking" and found the link to CAfords.com....

J/k Seriously I heard some members of Norcal talking about this site so I checked it out for myself and now I am a member.

This site is very entertaining and very helpful at the same time. Everytime I post up questions I get good helpful answers.... Eventhough there are a lot of shit talkers and haters,the good dudes always come through when needed, thanks CA Fords! [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this guy eddie got arrested for cuttig off the cops when they came thru the street races..lol.and we were in a old as big ass ford bronco....lol
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Ms Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Cobra  Ford pictures for Ms Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:

I met Dana (Cobrajeep) and found out about this site and signed up. Bought a couple mustangs and met some really awesome people who have really helped me with both of my mustangs over the years. Then I became the event mod and the rest is history. [patriot]

I also remember eastbayracing crew and the members. I kicked it with them a couple times...Matt, Mike, Tristan, etc.

--------------------
~When you turn your car on...does it return the favor~

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is that really how it worked Lauren????

Well I remember being stalked by these 3 guys back in the day, I believe it was a Tuesday. Chew on that. They want to go play, but we all laughed at an explorer with spray, little did we know then that it was going to be all good from then on. I bet certain old timers can even remember doing the certain laps around a famous block in a certain city til traffic and fuzz was clear. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brandon silverlx and a handful of close friends used to be on all the time. sometimes the site is helpful mostly comical but i have met some [Cool] people

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im bored, thread revival, my story...was driving my cobra down auburn to go pay a bill, drive by the exhaust shop across from fireside lanes n there was 2 stangs there, they looked, i looked lol, then i stopped and paid my bill and as i was leaving they were driving by so i followed and pulled next to them we stopped at 7 11 and swapped numbers and he also told me about cali fords been here since and he has become one of my best friends...i know cool story

[ 2013-06-23, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: 9cobrasvt8 ]

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
I was tired of the MoPar scene. Sold all my cars and bought a 1993 GT. Dan (Turbo50) and I had known each other for a while and he told be about 98cobra..aka cafords. The rest, is history.. [patriot]

Never knew I was the one that got you to join, John!

Good to know!

I was member number 10 until I got off on some bullshit and lost my member password and original email and shit.

I rejoined about 10 years ago.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Up

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1Sicgt got me on here too. He and my ex were friends and we ran into him one day while shopping. We talked cars while the girls shopped. I had a Neon ACR at the time and had been thinking of getting back into Mustangs. Ended up selling the Neon and bought an '03 GT vert.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[dance]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

quote:
Originally posted by i:
[dance]

This is all u post, stop posting useless shit

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I joined after I bought my first mustang back in high school.. White 89' LX hatchback. The car had a "californiafords.com" sticker on both 1/4 windows. I joined the week I bought the car and my screen name was originally "1hatched5liter". Disappeared after I sold my car for a couple years and got back on and renamed my screen name to "slowsn95" after I bought my 94'.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:
Originally posted by i:
[dance]

This is all u post, stop posting useless shit
ok i join becaues a chinese / mexican guy in my block had a coupe and told me about the site

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com