Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What Got you here on CaFords.com? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What Got you here on CaFords.com?
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my cousin (kingmoochr) told me about this site about 5 years ago right before I got my first mustang. bought one from a member who was selling one on this site

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A friend told me about the site and I finally joined a year later.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking for Cobra sites (I had a 93 Cobra) and started off with typing 93cobra.com, 94cobra.com, and got to 98cobra.com and saw this and happen to be local too.

[patriot] Very small back then.... [Razz]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
I first joined back in 07 when I bought a new edge mustang and got back in to stangs. This place had all sorts of people selling parts so it was easy to find what you needed cheap. I tried to look back to find my first post, but I didnt post in the general section til this one.

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=031934

I found a funny craigslist ad that had some whack mustang and a crazy looking dude that said money talks.

-

Damn, I posted in that old thread too! Funny how you think back and wonder exactly what you posted and why.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Came up on Google

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Found out about this site from friends back in 02 when we started having 50Reasons BBQs but didn't join till 03 but then i lost my account and started a new one in 06'

I think it was Joe (sac5.0) that got me to check out the site in 2001 ish. I browsed a lot before joining. Most of us older sac people have been into mustangs for well over ten years now. Like Daniel said word quickly spread amongst us about the site.

Ive met a ton of good people on here.

trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dad waS a member with his 86 Saleen n ever since I was a member . Trying to learn everything I can !

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was looking to buy a 2000 GT so i was lurking, getting as much knowledge as I could. Then met up with both Brians, Harold, Rob, Matt, all the old school guys for meets that would start at Brian's house. Those were the good old days using GSS-342 in a returnless style system in the supercharged GT/Cobras! Those guys were cutting edge with all the mods to their cars super early!

I even remember heading up to Griggs once watching some tasty movies in the back of Harold's truck to pickup Matt's car. [worship]

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got on her very long ago. john cm i tink told me bout it. i also remamber when ppl would meet up back in the 98cobra days and seeing the stickers. i also think jack from rsvl along with ray {whos red sc saleen clone sold awhile back} all helped lead me here. i got on this site when i was like 14 or 15. now 24 have had 8 stangs met many ppl from this site been to a cruise or 2.

hell ya for cafords.

some of you may remember way back at one of the cafords cruise. we had a group comeing from sac. it was like yr 00 or 01. i had my grandpa and 2 frineds int he back in a red v6 smashing to the cruise on a permit and then the oilfiter came loose mid way. any one remember that? back like koniea days. this guy joel had a black 99 cobra very and the top cover flew off going like 140

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I joined a long time ago as a buddy with a mustang took me to a Show and Shine at Foster Freeze, I think in 2001....been here ever since

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I joined for the beer and the bitches.

Nah i was looking for an svo, ended up buyin it from blown67 (john) joined shortly after

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot where I heard about this site I heard about it back like in 2003 when I was like 11 lol I would always lurk on here for the longest time till I finally decided to join in 2008 if I wouldve joined when I first heard about it I would've had a way lower member number [Frown]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18532 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98 cobra.com try2paz got me on to the site.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard from this site awhile back like 5 years ago from i thin his name is dan. He raced the turbo cobra in his wrx. was a vary close race. Anyone remember that? black wrx vs black cobra?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JaeJae told me about the site. He was my inspiration to even get in the Stang game. Lol. He rode with me to Lincoln,Ca to trade my slow ass 76 Maro for my 84 5.0 with 87-93 motorswap. Lol.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was tired of the MoPar scene. Sold all my cars and bought a 1993 GT. Dan (Turbo50) and I had known each other for a while and he told be about 98cobra..aka cafords. The rest, is history.. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's been so long I can't remember how I found this site.

See member number
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:

See member number
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey John!
Actually, I think you were one of the very few VIP invited members.
Very helpfull guy with a great attitude and a beautiful car [patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was partingout my first stang and 2 dudes came over and were hella debating against eachother over what was better trick flow twisted wedge heads or afrs.. One the guys I forget his name told me about eastbayracing when it was actually a legit site and then somehow I heard about cafords from that site too.. The guy was a white dude that had a 79 pace car he was building up.. I think a lot of people knew him. He ended up parting the car out for some reason.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard this is where the b*tches be. Had no clue they were talking about them kinds of b*tches.

lol....JK ya'll.

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u can see how big this site got and how fast. look at dana member number and join date along side mine and then john b. alot of ppl got on this site around 02. i miss those days [patriot]

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya I made a account back in like 03/04ish and forgot my password so had to make another.. But the site back then sure was waaaay different then how it is now. It seems like now everyone wants to talk shit and fight about little shit. It use to be calm and everyone tryin to help someone else out.
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When i got my first 90 fox from jeff aka 50daddy he told me about this site

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
cobra4v
¯
Member # 4889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra4v  Ford pictures for cobra4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was on 98Cobra.com before the switch.

[ October 21, 2010, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: cobra4v ]

theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:

See member number
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

One of the best, if not the best car on the board right here. I bought some parts off you way back in 2003. Thing is a BEAST lol.

I do remember at one of the Cal State Hayward events, that you were behind us about 6 cars leaving and all you could hear was that prochargers whine.

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com