Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » need gun advice (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: need gun advice
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i own a xd9 an love it feels better than a ghetto ass glock i also have a xd40 an more than happy with both.my sig is fucking peace of shit
twice it been in for warranty work an the still can't fix it.an my rugger p90 is ok just bulky for my small hands

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u guys are grown ass men and sayin u have small hands.... I seriously have some small ass hands trust me

[ September 28, 2010, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: 5LTR SVT ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5LTR SVT:
u guys are grown ass men and sayin u have small hands.... I seriously have some small ass hands trust me

if you want to go shoot my xd9 or xd40 come out to pittsburg on sunday an bring some rounds with you an pay the shooting range fee an you can shoot pmine if you would like
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

if you want to go shoot my xd9 or xd40 come out to pittsburg on sunday an bring some rounds with you an pay the shooting range fee an you can shoot pmine if you would like
appreciate the offer but prob just go to local range and rent it or use ssssikh's xd

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 9mm s&w ...I'm looking for an hk..I think you should start with a super soaker just so u can get used to the recoil

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what ur looking for I've seen hk's go from 600 and up

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
CobraKilla
¯
Member # 1449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraKilla  Ford pictures for CobraKilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look into the CZ's I have a CZ75 P-01 (Compact 9mm) It's a great feeling 9mm, the slide rides inside the rail, and the grip feels great and it's very narrow. It's very "sig like" and very accurate. It's my favorite pistol I have shot and that's a lot of guns... Look into the CZ brand, they're good pistols.

-

[ September 28, 2010, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: CobraKilla ]

--------------------
62 Impala- LS2, Six-speed, 9", drop spindles, etc etc...

Posts: 599 | From: Nationwide | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

damnit more options lol

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Fake Moderator
Member # 6395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator  Ford pictures for Moderator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On tha BLACKMARKET YEEAAAHH...for u sac guys

--------------------
I'm forddude510/86gt pretending to be a moderator. At first I thought it would be funny to change my name and act like a mod. Now the real mods have caught on and locked in this signature so I can't change it. I probably don't think it's funny anymore, but I like their sense of humor!

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Home defense huh?? Get a fuckin 18" 12 guage with a pistol grip. Pump with some double o bucks. That's a home defense weapon. Don't get me wrong I got me a 9 too but that's not what's next to the bed at night. You could also get yourself a 120lb German rot that helps he's my ears and warning when I'm asleep

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

CobraKilla
¯
Member # 1449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraKilla  Ford pictures for CobraKilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
damnit more options lol

Haha true... I like all pistols, but this is my favroite 9mm. You NEED to go hold one and you'll be sold.

CZ 75 P-01
A CZ 75 Compact variant intended for law enforcement use, with an aluminum alloy frame, decocker and under-barrel accessory rail. It is the new weapon of choice for the Czech National Police. It received NATO certification after undergoing extensive testing. Its NATO Stock Number (NSN) is 1005-16-000-861

Smaller gun company but see what you think of it.

--------------------

CobraKilla
¯
Member # 1449

quote:
Originally posted by 93sspCOUPE:
Home defense huh?? Get a fuckin 18" 12 guage with a pistol grip. Pump with some double o bucks. That's a home defense weapon. Don't get me wrong I got me a 9 too but that's not what's next to the bed at night. You could also get yourself a 120lb German rot that helps he's my ears and warning when I'm asleep

I agree w/ this... I have a German Shepherd as the first line of defense... Plus he's an all around great dog.

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:

I already have a 12 gauge [Smile]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just go out to the range and rent a few of the guns you are considering and fire away. When I was shopping fr my first gun I tried out the Glock, Sig, and XD...the SIg felt teh most solid, with the XD coming very close in "comfort and feel" when I tried it. The glock, although a very affordable and light weight pistol , just felt too bulky and square in my hands. I ended up getting a SIG P226 .40 cal. I love the damn thing and liek I said earlier, it shoots VERY smoothly. It is a bit heavier of the three choices but due to its metal body, the recoil is absorbed very well and makes the gun a very comfortable shooter...again, this is all my opinion. You need to just find the gun that best suites your needs and feel sbest in your hands. I also have a MOssberg 12ga pump that I have in case someone wants to fuck with me in my house [Wink]
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

then who cares what 9 you buy get whatever feels comfortable to you. At your price range. Your obviously not a competition shooter and your not relying on it everyday like mr law enforcement. So get what you want. As far as open carry I'll tell you my carry law. I got it all the time whether it's in my pants or in my center console. Who gives a fuck I'd rather sit in jail then be dead over 5 bucks

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a glock 40 never had and problems with her never fired or had a glock 19 but the look nice

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
quote:

then who cares what 9 you buy get whatever feels comfortable to you. At your price range. Your obviously not a competition shooter and your not relying on it everyday like mr law enforcement. So get what you want. As far as open carry I'll tell you my carry law. I got it all the time whether it's in my pants or in my center console. Who gives a fuck I'd rather sit in jail then be dead over 5 bucks
[patriot] [Big Grin]
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by username1822:
S&W M&P

I've got the .40 compact and no complaints.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like your stuck on a glock.

Well Ok get the houge insert factory night sights rails of course and buy the .40 cal.

Now you want to shoot 9mm 40 or .357 in the bitch well you can.

You will need new barrels that are around 120 a piece and even though the 9mm will fit in the 40 magazine it is recomended you get the 9 mm magazines to prevent jams. The 357 will fit and not jam in the 40 mags.

So there you go you have the ability to shoot 9mm .40 and .357 thru the same gun.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/ (info on the barrels)

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really, the gun you should buy is the one you shoot the best. No sense spending money on a gun you can't shoot well.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I HAVE TWO GLOCKS AND I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM THE ONE TO THE LEFT IS MY GEN4 GLOCK 17 9MM AND THE ONE TO THE RIGHT IS MY GEN4 GLOCK 21 .45

-

[ September 29, 2010, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: topnotcht-top ]

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

talk about extended mags lol

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you looked at those taurus guns? ive never shot one but ive held it and heard they are pretty good guns for the money. my vote is for the xd 9 i love that gun

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=642&category=Pistol&toggle=tp&breadcrumbseries=247

just an example but that one is only 475 and its a 40 but like i said ive never shot one

[ September 29, 2010, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: 89foxstang ]

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by username1822:
S&W M&P

I've got the .40 compact and no complaints.

i own 2 of these..best gun ever made...but out of the 2 guns u posted i would go glock. imma get another glock 9. i had one and it wad a great gun plus u can buy huge magazines for out of state shooting! lol

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

so yesterday i shot the subcompact xd9 and the glock 19

i liked both, liked the glock a lil better but i think i might go with the xd9 since it comes with hella shit

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com