Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project "Cheap Skate" complete! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Project "Cheap Skate" complete!
96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Things got put on the back burner due to the Mrs deciding she didn't want to play house anymore (divorce...)

Didn't you just go through that not too long ago?!?!?! Damn, sorry to hear it though.
Went through it in 2005. This last one made it 16 mos. I'm done with it...gonna stick to 20-somethings that think relationships are tabu and enjoy Jagerbombs. [Wink]
those are the best ones [worship] sorry to hear about the troubles
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
john...lets go bag so who*es..takem to your plane and join the mile high club [Razz] [burnout] [Whoo Whooooo!] [dance] ..finish this project already i wanna see what these weak gt40 combos can do [Smile] ..goodluck with the injury to..and get well soon

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice coupe John! Hows the "fast" cobra doing any upgrades or new 1/4 mile times.

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Things got put on the back burner due to the Mrs deciding she didn't want to play house anymore (divorce...)

Didn't you just go through that not too long ago?!?!?! Damn, sorry to hear it though.
Went through it in 2005. This last one made it 16 mos. I'm done with it...gonna stick to 20-somethings that think relationships are tabu and enjoy Jagerbombs. [Wink]
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] FAST CARS AND FAST WOMEN! FUCK THE EX!!!

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck on the project. Looks like its coming along well.

Sorry to hear about the female, they come and go bro. Maybe it's time for another trip to japan and pick up a doll? [Confused] At least she'll always be smiling and never talk back.

haha j/p [Razz]

[ December 05, 2010, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck on the project. not the coupe the other one! [patriot]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much power do you think your getting running those gt40's over some e7's?
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sick65:
how much power do you think your getting running those gt40's over some e7's?

I'm guessing with the port work, somewhere around 25-35 hp.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Srry to hear bout ur problems john...car lookin good man cant wait to see a vid on the start up
quote:
quote:
quote:

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So it's done. FINALLY. Total hassle dealing with people off the Internet for parts, delays in shipping, and lack of initiative on my part due to the weather here. Buttoned everything up saturday, my son hit the key and all came to life. Love the little lope of the B cam and 1.7's. Still have to service the A/C, install the lowering springs/CC plates/shocks and struts, and ditch the Cobra emblems...but it's basically there. Should have the vid uploaded soon. Enjoy..
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how much total invested?
Bad ass coupe

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bad ass coupe how much she put 2 the rear tires

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good to see it all together & did you go over your budget or it all came out as planned?

great job John [worship]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bad ass. your project cheap skate is going to be faster than most expensive builds. like mine hahah [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whoa at that interior lmfao

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
Whoa at that interior lmfao

Yup, it's red. lol

No dyno numbers yet. I want to have it completely finished before I strap it down. Looks like I will through a smaller pulley on it too, I'm only seeing 7 psi.

As for the total, here goes:

$2700- complete car minus longblock, given a truckload of extra parts and various stock items
$40- stock bore 302 shortblock
$70- valve springs and seals
$260- rings, bearings, gaskets
$75- oil, filter, plugs, sealant, cleaning supplies.
$20- 2 each 1.7 rockers
$60- B cam
$25- intake spacer
$25 oil pump

$3275 total

I did the the cleaning, honing, traded work for the cam bearing install, and did the build of the shortblock myself. Heads are GT40p's with portwork done and converted them to stud mount rockers. I did the valve job and spring setup as well. I had the majority of the rockers, the studs, and the timing chain set from a previous project. Pushrods, valve covers, headers, ARP hardware, intake, dizzy, and the rest of the supporting hardware in the engine bay came with the car. I sold the following:
T-rex pump $75
Vortech crank pulley $150
small billet fuel rails $60
MSD coil $25
255 fuel pump $65
24# injectors $85
Stock intake, TB, MAF $50
Drivetrain from my previous project (4v and T45) $600
3 vortech head unit pulleys $100
$1210 profit from various parts

So when all was said and done, looks like I'm into the car for about $2100. Still have to finish the AC, align it, and register it...so $2300 is a fair estimate. Bear in mind that I started with ALOT of aftermarket parts and did all the work myself, there was nothing done by a shop other than the cam bearing install by a friend who came to me for it. If I did it again, I'd buy a set of heads either done already or aluminum ones...there is a ton of time in these between the porting and the valvejob/reassembly.

Hope everyone enjoyed the build. If anyone has questions on the setup, what parts I used, etc...feel free to post up or PM me. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey John want to sell it!!!!

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Mustang GT Sapphire Blue(SOLD)
2003 Mustang Mach 1 (SOLD)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by Mach103:
Hey John want to sell it!!!!

It's possible.

I'd be willing trade for a decent condition 99+ Lightning. [Big Grin]

[ December 19, 2010, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that red interior looks sick with white paint.. Leave the interior the same john! Some red leather front and backs would be real nicei

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
I think that red interior looks sick with white paint.. Leave the interior the same john! Some red leather front and backs would be real nicei

Hell ya it would. And yes, I'm leaving it alone...not many good condition red ones left.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great, John!
So will this car see the track? Also, where is teh nearest track to you anyway?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Looks great, John!

Yup, it'll see it for sure. I'd love to see what it will actually do with some DR's.

Closest track is about 9 miles away. Kansas Dragway

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good shit johnb...can't wait to see what it puts out

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Looks great, John!

Yup, it'll see it for sure. I'd love to see what it will actually do with some DR's.

Closest track is about 9 miles away. Kansas Dragway

Convenient, keep us updated!
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com