Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » All Show or All Go ? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: All Show or All Go ?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All go fo sho..

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i build my car the last thing im thinkin about is what someone else will think...but yea i would love a nice paintjob an what not..but for this car i get the most enjoyment when flyin to fast for anyone to even notice its primered..haha.. [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. Tune up
2. Performance including suspension
3. Looks, by looks I mean straight body and nice paint

I hate when peoples cars sound like they are about to break down and these guys are dumping money on exhaust and other stupid shit.

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the bumper sticker on the steal bumper bar. No repairs coming to that car. I guess he realized that car is a lost cause. lol

[ August 13, 2010, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Chicks don't dig fast buckets. Clean first, fast later

You can prove your fast some of the time, but you can be clean all the time.

I agree. No chick cares about how fast you run the 1/4 or which car you just beat racing.
really..? cause i know that not to be true.. i have plenty of friends.. i.e.. girls that care very much about how a car run/works over what it looks like.. maybe your hanging out with bitches that are only about money & flash..

n8.. i don't race my car to say, "look at me" i build it to race/drive.. for the price of my bare block i could of got a ok/good paint job.. add in the block & crank.. i could of had a damn nice one.. but why do i still have primer? 2 reasons.. 1.. i'm not fast anuff.. when it goes high 8's, i'll get one..(stock color & pin stripes) cause i don't like to stand out.. i don't do the peacock thing. 2nd.. the sheer fun i have when, i pull up, and people just turn there heads.. like wtf is that, what is that guy thinking... then my turd out runs thier high dollar clean and flossin car.. the utter shame on thier face's.. is priceless.. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
Sleeper status for me fellas, my cars like the ugly duckling, its got a good personality lol

daddy always told me, "it is the fat/ugly chick that sucks the best dick!" [Eek!]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
I like the bumper sticker on the steal bumper bar. No repairs coming to that car. I guess he realized that car is a lost cause. lol

I didn't even notice that. HAHAHAHA
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Of course you don't need a clean car to pull chicks. If you can do it in a bucket and brag about it that's all good too. But when I pull up to a business training, Company dinner, a play or a night out with my girl id rather be in something super clean and decently fast, then something beat up and hella fast. Trust me, when you start running in circles that require a suit & tie, or hitting a family dinner for your girl, your not gonna want to jump out of something primered when you valet or meet her parents.

And for all the guys that are dragging cars down the freeway ask yourself how often you actually get to do that. Most times I drive I never get to show what my car really has. The guy with a clean slow car isn't obligated to race the beater that pulls up next to him. So you only get to prove yourself if the other driver let's you. That clean car however is ridin pretty off top, and you will never know what's under the hood unless they decide.

Your also assuming that the motor in your beater is the fastest one out there. What happens when your car is ugly and that clean car you raced walks all over you. Then your really left with nothing to tell the bad sophisticated chick you mouthpieced into jumping in your fast car that is wearing a sweater because your heater core doesn't work.

I need to have both power and looks in my car, but after having built cars in opposite ways id rather have it clean first and fast later.

REAL GROWN MEN HAVE MORE THAN ONE CAR ONE SO WE CAN FLOSS WITH CLASS.NOT DRIVE YOUR RUN OF THE MILL SLOBRA AN THINK YOUR HIGH SIDED T
Hahah. Run of the mill slobra? Good one. Because a limited production car with more than 500hp @ the crank is slow and more run of the mill than a primered fox, 96-98 GT, 01 cobra, or any other model mustang. Comments like that are lackluster and under developed. Like your mechanical skills.

All joking aside I made an argument as to why I, myself, 50 Deep, Kanye would make my car clean before I make it fast. Its not a personal attack on anyone elses tastes or vehicle. I have had a clean slow car and a mis-matched quick one. I'm much happier having a little of both. And if I get walked on by a primered or mis-matched whatever, ima throw him a thumbs up and keep I'm movin. Because like "Real grown men" know, there is more to life than the car you drive

[ August 13, 2010, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
quote:
Chicks don't dig fast buckets. Clean first, fast later

You can prove your fast some of the time, but you can be clean all the time.

I agree. No chick cares about how fast you run the 1/4 or which car you just beat racing.
really..? cause i know that not to be true.. i have plenty of friends.. i.e.. girls that care very much about how a car run/works over what it looks like.. maybe your hanging out with bitches that are only about money & flash..

n8.. i don't race my car to say, "look at me" i build it to race/drive.. for the price of my bare block i could of got a ok/good paint job.. add in the block & crank.. i could of had a damn nice one.. but why do i still have primer? 2 reasons.. 1.. i'm not fast anuff.. when it goes high 8's, i'll get one..(stock color & pin stripes) cause i don't like to stand out.. i don't do the peacock thing. 2nd.. the sheer fun i have when, i pull up, and people just turn there heads.. like wtf is that, what is that guy thinking... then my turd out runs thier high dollar clean and flossin car.. the utter shame on thier face's.. is priceless.. [patriot]

I can dig it. I too care not what others think. Me personally I just like to be clean in everything and I mean EVERYTHING I do and that translates to my cars. I'd just rather sound/be mildly fast and be hella clean. Fast can be up for debate but hella clean is obvious from instant contact. But like I said I never really been into racing anyway, so the whole 8 second thing means nothing to me.
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To be honest man, one of the main reasons I sold my fox was because of the fact it was never driven the way it should have been. I honestly would go out looking for trouble, but anytime any thing may have happened, it never did. There's 5 billion girls out there, and all of them have there own opinions on what they want to drive in. Ive got more looks in my new truck then I ever did in the fox. The fox was a great all around car, it was clean in and out, was faster than most kids around here, and ran great! But having A/C, a smooth ride, heated leather seats, and luxury features I have never seen before was more useful to me than beating a kid in a 99GT from light to light. My girlfriend cried when I sold the fox, but i've got more ass since the Truck. Probably because she can drive it, and it doesn't scare her because I don't try and race anyone.

I think T is in the right boat. That COBRA, has all the amenities you could ask for, AND its fast. You don't see to many cars on the street that run sub 12's, and drive it with the a/c blasting getting 25mpg that looks professional on your way to a business meeting... besides a Vette..

I don't expect everyone to grow up.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
To be honest man, one of the main reasons I sold my fox was because of the fact it was never driven the way it should have been. I honestly would go out looking for trouble, but anytime any thing may have happened, it never did. There's 5 billion girls out there, and all of them have there own opinions on what they want to drive in. Ive got more looks in my new truck then I ever did in the fox. The fox was a great all around car, it was clean in and out, was faster than most kids around here, and ran great! But having A/C, a smooth ride, heated leather seats, and luxury features I have never seen before was more useful to me than beating a kid in a 99GT from light to light. My girlfriend cried when I sold the fox, but i've got more ass since the Truck. Probably because she can drive it, and it doesn't scare her because I don't try and race anyone.

I think T is in the right boat. That COBRA, has all the amenities you could ask for, AND its fast. You don't see to many cars on the street that run sub 12's, and drive it with the a/c blasting getting 25mpg that looks professional on your way to a business meeting... besides a Vette..

^This^ [worship] [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think alot of people are looking at this question wrong. I think he means, if your car was completely stock, would you spend your money on the looks or the motor. If you look at the extremes such as a bucket looking mustang with a nice motor vs a clean mustang with a thrown rod, opinions may change.

I would prefer a stock mustang with all the goodies under the hood. For me, theres something sexy as hell about a stock mustang that runs hard.

[ August 13, 2010, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:

^This^ [worship] [patriot] [worship]
You can't haul ass in a bucket when you grow up?
[Confused]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

all go nothing spent on looks doesn't have to be a bucket

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLPR93:
 -

all go nothing spent on looks doesn't have to be a bucket

Thats pimpin, and if a hoe dont want to blow you if your driving this, throw her in the gutter and go get nother!
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clean and fast, thats it.

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/QUOTE]Thats pimpin, and if a hoe dont want to blow you if your driving this, throw her in the gutter and go get nother! [/QB][/QUOTE]
yea i drive it anywhere i will never be ashamed of driving my 5.0 . intact i will rather drive the 50 instead of the suv to the 5 star places lol

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like both but to be clean is always good cuz there's always someone faster then you! You'll go broke trying to be the fastest and never be the fastest cuz once your at the top someone will end up knocking you down by being faster

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
I like both but to be clean is always good cuz there's always someone faster then you! You'll go broke trying to be the fastest and never be the fastest cuz once your at the top someone will end up knocking you down by being faster

Same goes for being the cleanest. It's not about winning every race, just most of them.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean 1st for me... Clean doesn't have to mean flashy, because IMO, there is nothing flashy or "flossy" about either of my cars...

-

-

[ August 13, 2010, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its all about the bling, who cares how fast you go in ya rizzide!

-
 -
 -
 -

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

Same goes for being the cleanest. It's not about winning every race, just most of them.
nope because clean is subjective. Fast is finite win or lose.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Of course you don't need a clean car to pull chicks. If you can do it in a bucket and brag about it that's all good too. But when I pull up to a business training, Company dinner, a play or a night out with my girl id rather be in something super clean and decently fast, then something beat up and hella fast. Trust me, when you start running in circles that require a suit & tie, or hitting a family dinner for your girl, your not gonna want to jump out of something primered when you valet or meet her parents.

And for all the guys that are dragging cars down the freeway ask yourself how often you actually get to do that. Most times I drive I never get to show what my car really has. The guy with a clean slow car isn't obligated to race the beater that pulls up next to him. So you only get to prove yourself if the other driver let's you. That clean car however is ridin pretty off top, and you will never know what's under the hood unless they decide.

Your also assuming that the motor in your beater is the fastest one out there. What happens when your car is ugly and that clean car you raced walks all over you. Then your really left with nothing to tell the bad sophisticated chick you mouthpieced into jumping in your fast car that is wearing a sweater because your heater core doesn't work.

I need to have both power and looks in my car, but after having built cars in opposite ways id rather have it clean first and fast later.

REAL GROWN MEN HAVE MORE THAN ONE CAR ONE SO WE CAN FLOSS WITH CLASS.NOT DRIVE YOUR RUN OF THE MILL SLOBRA AN THINK YOUR HIGH SIDED T
Hahah. Run of the mill slobra? Good one. Because a limited production car with more than 500hp @ the crank is slow and more run of the mill than a primered fox, 96-98 GT, 01 cobra, or any other model mustang. Comments like that are lackluster and under developed. Like your mechanical skills.

All joking aside I made an argument as to why I, myself, 50 Deep, Kanye would make my car clean before I make it fast. Its not a personal attack on anyone elses tastes or vehicle. I have had a clean slow car and a mis-matched quick one. I'm much happier having a little of both. And if I get walked on by a primered or mis-matched whatever, ima throw him a thumbs up and keep I'm movin. Because like "Real grown men" know, there is more to life than the car you drive

t there maybe 3 people on this broad who drove more o3/04 cobra then me. an there just a basic mustang with some upgrades to me if you want a real i made in live car get a s65 v 12 with twins not a cobra.an just to give some info my old daily drive made 475 at the rear wheels an it only cost with the car 4700 an some change
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both !

[ August 14, 2010, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com