Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » All Show or All Go ? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: All Show or All Go ?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
I prefer more "GO" and but also need a little bit of "SHOW". Not necessarily candy paint, but at least a clean solid paint job.

Yea, and there's nothing better than breaking some fool's heart while his girl is in the car. LS1 maro tried to test me a couple weeks ago and he lost his doors. His girl just kept looking at my snake say bye-bye! [Wink]

Its funny the contrast of folks here. I'd rather pull up in a casual situation shinin (like a parking lot) and just be clownin, makin fools broads wanna jump in my ride. I rarely drive fast anyway so may as well be clean on the inside cream on the outside.

But ideally I wanna have both. But not as much GO as some of you guys like.

[ August 13, 2010, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
neither, you gotta do both. personally, i started off with go-fast goodies. now, it times to make it shine. i guess it's go first then show later [Wink] .
DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if life is all about moderation and balance, then i gotta say both. make your sh*t look proper then crack it out
Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All go, been driving with a primed hood for 10 years.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gotta do both...at the same time...haha...felony motorsports

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get an 03 cobra and call it a day [worship] [dance]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I TURN DA CORNER 50 TIMES I'm A STAR, THEY DON'T WANT ME THEY WANA FUCK MY CAR. HAHA
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fast it is, wouldn't mind both tho lol
BOSS 32V
¯
Member # 8125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOSS 32V  Ford pictures for BOSS 32V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both or nothing!

--------------------
'93 Cobra terminated 2.3 whipple competion orange.

Terminator Intimidator
Featured in MM&FF Dec. '10
#8 Top 10 best mustangs of 2010
Sold.

Posts: 348 | From: Hayward, Ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let me amend my statement. My car gotta sound fast too... [Big Grin] . But the shine factor is a must have. A fast turd does nothing for me.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Of course you don't need a clean car to pull chicks. If you can do it in a bucket and brag about it that's all good too. But when I pull up to a business training, Company dinner, a play or a night out with my girl id rather be in something super clean and decently fast, then something beat up and hella fast. Trust me, when you start running in circles that require a suit & tie, or hitting a family dinner for your girl, your not gonna want to jump out of something primered when you valet or meet her parents.

And for all the guys that are dragging cars down the freeway ask yourself how often you actually get to do that. Most times I drive I never get to show what my car really has. The guy with a clean slow car isn't obligated to race the beater that pulls up next to him. So you only get to prove yourself if the other driver let's you. That clean car however is ridin pretty off top, and you will never know what's under the hood unless they decide.

Your also assuming that the motor in your beater is the fastest one out there. What happens when your car is ugly and that clean car you raced walks all over you. Then your really left with nothing to tell the bad sophisticated chick you mouthpieced into jumping in your fast car that is wearing a sweater because your heater core doesn't work.

I need to have both power and looks in my car, but after having built cars in opposite ways id rather have it clean first and fast later.

[ August 13, 2010, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Of course you don't need a clean car to pull chicks. If you can do it in a bucket and brag about it that's all good too. But when I pull up to a business training, Company dinner, a play or a night out with my girl id rather be in something super clean and decently fast, then something beat up and hella fast. Trust me, when you start running in circles that require a suit & tie, or hitting a family dinner for your girl, your not gonna want to jump out of something primered when you valet or meet her parents.

And for all the guys that are dragging cars down the freeway ask yourself how often you actually get to do that. Most times I drive I never get to show what my car really has. The guy with a clean slow car isn't obligated to race the beater that pulls up next to him. So you only get to prove yourself if the other driver let's you. That clean car however is ridin pretty off top, and you will never know what's under the hood unless they decide.

Your also assuming that the motor in your beater is the fastest one out there. What happens when your car is ugly and that clean car you raced walks all over you. Then your really left with nothing to tell the bad sophisticated chick you mouthpieced into jumping in your fast car.

I need to have both power and looks in my car, but after having built cars in opposite ways id rather have it clean first and fast later.

You are my hero....sounds like you are on your grown man now with that type of reasoning.

Off Topic
How is Ronnie?

[ August 13, 2010, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Your also assuming that the motor in your beater is the fastest one out there. What happens when your car is ugly and that clean car you raced walks all over you. Then your really left with nothing to tell the bad sophisticated chick you mouthpieced into jumping in your fast car.

Lol dr. Phil over here....haha. not hating.I feel what u saying tho.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id rather have a flossy looking ride, and then the track beast on the side. So you when you wrap your beast around a telephone pole you can throw it in the gutter and go buy another and you still have your pimpmobile.

ALSO - Pink slips are a must for the pink slits!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
only ho-cakes ....

Hey Ho Cake you stealing my word? [Razz]

Its one of my personal favorites...

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You are my hero....sounds like you are on your grown man now with that type of reasoning.

Off Topic
How is Ronnie?

seems like it's the mr. GQ tude.. whats happens when that pos primer car doesn't get it ass kicked..? what happens when that pos.. pulls up next to mr. GQ and the sheer rumble of the engine makes his girl wet? unlike most people (n8) i don't care what the next guy thinks.. some people, need to be all flashy trying to say.. hey everyone look at me.. look i'm so much better than you.. [BS flag]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Off Topic
How is Ronnie?

seems like it's the mr. GQ tude.. whats happens when that pos primer car doesn't get it ass kicked..? what happens when that pos.. pulls up next to mr. GQ and the sheer rumble of the engine makes his girl wet? unlike most people (n8) i don't care what the next guy thinks.. some people, need to be all flashy trying to say.. hey everyone look at me.. look i'm so much better than you.. [BS flag]
I agree. Also, none of this flashy talk was going on when 50 still owned his 5.0.

[ August 13, 2010, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Your also assuming that the motor in your beater is the fastest one out there. What happens when your car is ugly and that clean car you raced walks all over you. Then your really left with nothing to tell the bad sophisticated chick you mouthpieced into jumping in your fast car that is wearing a sweater because your heater core doesn't work.

REAL GROWN MEN HAVE MORE THAN ONE CAR ONE SO WE CAN FLOSS WITH CLASS.NOT DRIVE YOUR RUN OF THE MILL SLOBRA AN THINK YOUR HIGH SIDED T
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Off Topic
How is Ronnie?

I agree. Also, none of this flashy talk was going on when 50 still owned his 5.0.
I have always preferred a cleaner car over a faster one. I HATED the fact my fox was primered and the body lines weren't straight. Complained about it to all my boys. There's a lot of places I didn't even want to take it and why I hadn't setup any cruises when I had it. So trust me I've held the same position for a long time

And its not about being better than anybody. I've had buckets and ones that were clean. But I've leaned there is always someone with more money that's faster, so for me being super fast isn't my first priority. Build your car however you want too since your the only one who has to drive it. I still got a soft spot for a primered fox that's dumped to the floor and lopes like a donkey fart

N8 I haven't spoken with Ronnie in over 4-5 months. Last I heard he was working @ a local shop out here that does mustangs. Not sure how he has been.

[ August 13, 2010, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Off Topic
How is Ronnie?

what T outlined ever so vividly is that there are situations that you want to look flossy or have a clean ride. And if it is clean and sounds fast no one will be the wiser. It is just more often than not I find myself in situations that I would like to be clean/sorta fast versus turd/fast. And to my defense I did say I want my car to sound fast... [burnout]

Also by your definition you want your car to say "hey everybody I'm fast I'm so much better than you"

[ August 13, 2010, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
only ho-cakes ....

LOL, i've been using that word for days now. I was dating a broad back in high school named holly and i used to call her holly ho-cake!
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
quote:
only ho-cakes ....

LOL, i've been using that word for days now. I was dating a broad back in high school named holly and i used to call her holly ho-cake!
lol...I been using that word since I heard in "Hollywood Shuffle". Great movie BTW.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:
only ho-cakes ....

I swear man you get set up in the best situations to crack jokes. I'm jealous Hahah

--------------------

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Chicks don't dig fast buckets. Clean first, fast later

You can prove your fast some of the time, but you can be clean all the time.

I agree. No chick cares about how fast you run the 1/4 or which car you just beat racing.
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sleeper status for me fellas, my cars like the ugly duckling, its got a good personality lol

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com