Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cocaine Law sentencing (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cocaine Law sentencing
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We're getting off topic here. It's basically the same drug. They're both illegal, they're both from the same plant, they both get you high as fuck and They both ruin families and ruin lives. They both should get equal sentences if caught with equal value. It's like, if I blow a .10 from drinking a beer and you blow a .10 from drinking wine, since beer is generally cheaper and associated with more violence, I'm fined and punished more than you. That ain't fair, and the previous crack vs. powder law wasn't fair.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
L
¯
Member # 9022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for L  Ford pictures for L    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
We're getting off topic here. It's basically the same drug. They're both illegal, they're both from the same plant, they both get you high as fuck and They both ruin families and ruin lives. They both should get equal sentences if caught with equal value. It's like, if I blow a .10 from drinking a beer and you blow a .10 from drinking wine, since beer is generally cheaper and associated with more violence, I'm fined and punished more than you. That ain't fair, and the previous crack vs. powder law wasn't fair.

^exactly^.. and for the "know its alls".. this isnt a victory for "crackheads" its the dude who's sellin the crack that actually wins(and the only way to really win is to not get caught anyway).. crackheads smoke crack all the time and the police see them high and dont arrest them, its the drug dealers that get busted for crack charges.. and the REAL issue to me is why didnt they just increase the amount of jail time given for cocaine offenders and make it equal, since thats where the real money is and the "big" players are.. there is still a disparity just not as much.. there is ALOT more "coke" sold than "crack" and since "crack" comes from "coke".. if would only make sense to stiffen the penalty for cocaine possession. my $0.02

--------------------
My Way is the HIGHWAY!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by L:
quote:

^exactly^.. and for the "know its alls".. this isnt a victory for "crackheads"
its the dude who's sellin the crack that actually wins(and the
only way to really win is to not get caught anyway)..
crackheads smoke crack all the time and the police see them
high and dont arrest them, its the drug dealers that get
busted for crack charges

Maybe cops don't round up every crackhead because they can't arrest all of them.... Let's be serious here, The POS drug dealers are scumbags that are making serious money off addicts.
I'm real fucking tired of hearing people say shit like " I can't get a job to support my family, cause I'm a fellon." or " Im black and the mans trying to hold me down so I got to hustle to make my money."

It's all BS that's handed down from generation to generation. People need to have some god damn work ethic. People sell drugs cause they DON'T want a 9 to 5. They want to risk working a few hours a day a sell drugs, drive a new car, buy nice jewelry and spend money on girls at the clubs. They couldn't do all that shit with no education and a normal ass job.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Although you are right about them both being illegal comparing wine/beer to crack/cocaine is a bit of a stretch.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
L
¯
Member # 9022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for L  Ford pictures for L    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by L:
quote:

^exactly^.. and for the "know its alls".. this isnt a victory for "crackheads"
its the dude who's sellin the crack that actually wins(and the
only way to really win is to not get caught anyway)..
crackheads smoke crack all the time and the police see them
high and dont arrest them, its the drug dealers that get
busted for crack charges

Maybe cops don't round up every crackhead because they can't arrest all of them.... Let's be serious here, The POS drug dealers are scumbags that are making serious money off addicts.
I'm real fucking tired of hearing people say shit like " I can't get a job to support my family, cause I'm a fellon." or " Im black and the mans trying to hold me down so I got to hustle to make my money."

It's all BS that's handed down from generation to generation. People need to have some god damn work ethic. People sell drugs cause they DON'T want a 9 to 5. They want to risk working a few hours a day a sell drugs, drive a new car, buy nice jewelry and spend money on girls at the clubs. They couldn't do all that shit with no education and a normal ass job.

once again.. "know it alls".. "crack dealers" stand outside all day/night sellin crack to crackheads.. so there is no such thing as working short hours.. its the guy selling the coke who gets to do all the partying... u got ur facts mixed up and its clear from your very stereotypical POV u dont know what ur talkin about.. and again ur still missing the point... y should possessing one illegal drug warrant getting more jail time than possessing another illegal drug..(from 100 to 1, to 18 to 1)
L
¯
Member # 9022

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:

Although you are right about them both being illegal comparing wine/beer to crack/cocaine is a bit of a stretch.
thats a perfect analogy cuz beer/wine are both alcohols as crack/cocaine are both illegal drugs.. so y should the penalty for possessing one or the other be different... and remember u make crack from cocaine

--------------------
My Way is the HIGHWAY!

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by L:
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:

thats a perfect analogy cuz beer/wine are both alcohols as crack/cocaine are both illegal drugs.. so y should the penalty for possessing one or the other be different... and remember u make crack from cocaine
Because beer and wine both get you drunk crack and cocaine cause different and much stronger reactions in people I agree both are bad both are illegal but until you have had to fight and make an arrest on someone who has been using crack or PCP as opposed to someone who has been smoking weed or snorted a line of coke take my word for it. Again sentencing is one thing and the way different drugs cause different reactions is another. It wouldn't bother me if you sentenced a Meth head or someone who uses heroin 100:1 times more then someone who uses cocaine because meth and heroin are not the same as cocaine.

Easiest way to put it for me is this, would you hang out with someone who just snorted a line of coke like some chick at a club YES you would!, but would you freebase with someone or let a crackhead in your house NO, they are different.

Hell ask yourself would you rather smoke a cocaine blunt or would you hit a crack pipe? Now tell me there's not a difference.

Besides this won't solve prison overcrowding anyways and if it's really a concern then just try being one of the millions of people who don't make/sell/smoke crack and you won't hve to worry about sentecing disparities.

[ July 31, 2010, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck yeah! time to sell a kick with no hesitation! [Whoo Whooooo!]
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crack and cocaine is the same drug, to make crack you need Cocaine and baking soda. Crack is just cheaper because it isn't as pure as cocaine is. Sentencing for crack and coke should be the same, if not the same then coke should hold a stiffer penalty.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
only thing I can see happening when this passes is

1.we will have more crack dealers
2. more crack addicts
3.more killings,violent crimes,burglaries...

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:

2. more crack addicts

^ Yeah and then politicians will tell us to give up our guns because there's too many guns on the streets. [BS flag]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:

2. more crack addicts

^ Yeah and then politicians will tell us to give up our guns because there's too many guns on the streets. [BS flag]
I thought they said that to us already...

seriously though why downsize the punishments for crack? is that suppose the solve the crack problems in the hood? Now rather than having a packed jail with crack dealers we will have OUR neighborhoods packed with crack dealers.
They should make it a mandatory 200 year sentence for a crumb of crack,I could care less I dont sell it or smoke it so why should I care.
Now I know someone here is gonna say well what about higher taxes....They will find some new shit to tax you on,your taxes will keep raising where or not sally,dick or jane get a 200 year sentence for crack cocaine...

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's more about closing the gap between crack and cocaine sentencing, which is the same drug, but is used by two different groups of people. Politicians and their kids use cocaine... I would be O.k. with crack having a 5 years minimal sentence if cocaine had the same.

And BTW crack dealers don't follow which laws are in effect. So saying it means more crack dealers isn't true. The crack epidemic was more of the 80's and is slowly phasing out

[ August 01, 2010, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com