Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ipad over a scholarship? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ipad over a scholarship?
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
So the kid did get over on you/company, the event staff did. So must really be bugging know that not the kids got over but grown adults taking advantage of another grown adult. Sucks whats this world coming to [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Well cant judge a person for his actions he won the contest. What he does with the earnings is his business. Its like getting a car for cheap/free an turning it for a profit.

Well yea I can kinda. He was not supposed to be in the tournament in the first place. There was a GPA requirement. Among other pre=requisites. I/my company put in a lot of time and resources into this. And too let a known dropout walk off with the main prize to me defeats the purpose of the message I like to send to the youth. So its a 2 edge fail for me. A kid that should have won didn't and the message of the whole thing gets diluted. Its not so much the selling of the Ipad (well it kinda is), I just feel gotten over on by the folks putting on the event because they knew.
Looks like you didn't spend enough time and resources on your event staff/hosts to me. I would put blame on kid he did his job he won the event.
Yup, usually when I sponsor events I have more to do with the planning. But I am prepping for a product release so I didnt focus on the behind the scenes stuff and allowed the event hosts to arrange everything. Keep in mind I was only the sponsor, not the coordinator.

Oh and no blame is on the kid. I mean I am pissed at what he did but it is not really his fault. But a college bound kid would have had more respect for the event and prizes (possibly).

So whats the real RANT over then. You say you put alot of time an resources into event then saying you didnt do no behind scenes an just a sponsor.
Then your original rant was a school drop out kid won the event when not aloud in an sold the ipad. then now saying no blame on kid not really his fault.

so Yater is right again. Title should've been "OUR EVENT PLANNERS ARE DUMMIES, DIDNT FOLLOW OUR OWN RULES, GAVE AWAY FREE IPAD TO SOMEBODY NOT QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE AND NOW WE LOOK LIKE ASSHATS!"

just .02

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
So the kid did get over on you/company, the event staff did. So must really be bugging know that not the kids got over but grown adults taking advantage of another grown adult. Sucks whats this world coming to [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Well cant judge a person for his actions he won the contest. What he does with the earnings is his business. Its like getting a car for cheap/free an turning it for a profit.

Well yea I can kinda. He was not supposed to be in the tournament in the first place. There was a GPA requirement. Among other pre=requisites. I/my company put in a lot of time and resources into this. And too let a known dropout walk off with the main prize to me defeats the purpose of the message I like to send to the youth. So its a 2 edge fail for me. A kid that should have won didn't and the message of the whole thing gets diluted. Its not so much the selling of the Ipad (well it kinda is), I just feel gotten over on by the folks putting on the event because they knew.
Looks like you didn't spend enough time and resources on your event staff/hosts to me. I would put blame on kid he did his job he won the event.
Yup, usually when I sponsor events I have more to do with the planning. But I am prepping for a product release so I didnt focus on the behind the scenes stuff and allowed the event hosts to arrange everything. Keep in mind I was only the sponsor, not the coordinator.

Oh and no blame is on the kid. I mean I am pissed at what he did but it is not really his fault. But a college bound kid would have had more respect for the event and prizes (possibly).

So whats the real RANT over then. You say you put alot of time an resources into event then saying you didnt do no behind scenes an just a sponsor.
Then your original rant was a school drop out kid won the event when not aloud in an sold the ipad. then now saying no blame on kid not really his fault.

so Yater is right again. Title should've been "OUR EVENT PLANNERS ARE DUMMIES, DIDNT FOLLOW OUR OWN RULES, GAVE AWAY FREE IPAD TO SOMEBODY NOT QUALIFIED TO PARTICIPATE AND NOW WE LOOK LIKE ASSHATS!"

just .02

Nope my rant is the same. Same kid won that should not have been allowed even in the competition and sold the Ipad. Did I state that changed somewhere? But what I did was support lifted's thread by adding supporting statements. But it is not necessarily the kids fault he participated, though he to was aware of the GPA requirement. And to rehash my original gripe, the youngster has a set of twisted values and morals. And to your point, no the title should not change. As a kid whom chooses an Ipad over a Scholarship that is in that position is still an enigma to me. Thus the question mark at the end.

[ July 28, 2010, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
You shoulda invited me,i can throw down like a mug.
But I woulda also picked the ipad, schools for dummies!

Just for the simple fact you called it "throwing down" lets me know gravity has a firm hold on you...lmao
You want some N8? I could shake and bake you right outta your Jordans. Lets have a CAFORDS tourney for an Ipad!
You said "shake and bake"...lol. That iis yet another clue that you would no parts of me on the
hoop court....hahahahaha

Let's make it a 3 point contest and I'll smoke both of you.
[dance]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
You shoulda invited me,i can throw down like a mug.
But I woulda also picked the ipad, schools for dummies!

Just for the simple fact you called it "throwing down" lets me know gravity has a firm hold on you...lmao
You want some N8? I could shake and bake you right outta your Jordans. Lets have a CAFORDS tourney for an Ipad!
You said "shake and bake"...lol. That iis yet another clue that you would no parts of me on the
hoop court....hahahahaha

Let's make it a 3 point contest and I'll smoke both of you.
[dance]

Dont get it twisted this brotha got range.....erm I mean this white dude has range..lol.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This white boy's got range too, vocally!

-

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
This white boy's got range too, vocally!

-

lmao is that Kenny G? I thought homie played the flute or something.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you serious, are you serious man? Are you serious, thats Michael Bolton. If you were white you would know that N8, I'm calling you out on your whiteness now!
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^give him a brake.... Those white boys look exactly the same.

--------------------

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:

lol thats what i think when i see black guys and chinese people!
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
quote:

lol thats what i think when i see black guys and chinese people!
LMAO you guys are killin' me [dance]

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just want to know where can I get an ipad for $200 [Razz]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

Send me your number and I'll let you in on a couple!
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Are u actually for real?

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
quote:
quote:

Are u actually for real?
I wouldn't do that if I were you.

--------------------

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Can we have a danceoff for the next Ipad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKlxjbhB9HE

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that's a come up 4 $200 for an iPad wish was there to offer that

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com