Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do we have any body builders here? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do we have any body builders here?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious if we have any here. I am thinking about going into bodybuilding since boxing may not happen again. I gotta have some kind of goal oriented activity to do in my spare time. (Re-hab on my hand is not going well partially because I hurt it again playing hoop...lol).

I know the chance is unlikely here, just thought I'd ask.

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
race car = goal oriented activity

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:

lol.... I am pretty sure that is the collective thought here.

But sometimes CaFords surprises me, I met a member who is a programmer like me. Also seems we had a couple of members that were willing to get in the ring with me as well.

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:

lol.... I am pretty sure that is the collective thought here.

But sometimes CaFords surprises me, I met a member who is a programmer like me. Also seems we had a couple of members that were willing to get in the ring with me as well.

We need a CaFords chess boxing league haha

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's alot of work and alot of money to get hella big..... Then stay big. Shit just the food alone makes me not want to try it.
Plus your a white guy, white people look like leather when they tan too much.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't there a 67-68 Cougar out there that is just dying to have some of that energy focused on it? lol (You never showed me pics either by the way N8!)

The issue I have with cars is that it is a very time consuming/laborous hobby that is often done in solitude. Therefore I can understand people wanting to focus some of their energy on activities that get the heart rate up and the mind cleared.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a few buddies that are amateur body builders N8.

I can put you into touch with them. I have gone to a few competitions with them too.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
I have a few buddies that are amateur body builders N8.

I can put you into touch with them. I have gone to a few competitions with them too.

Dan that would be cool. I really want to learn a lil more about it. A friend of mine got me kinda curious, because he does it, just picked up a sponsorship and has been pumpin me up (he lives in NC tho).

As for the food, I dunno, I tend to cut and shred well for my age even on my current borderline crappy diet. I am about to try the Keto diet over the summer and see what happens. The thing that will be a challenge is I dont wanna get all big to where you look useless. I want to keep my athleticism.

Luke - ya'll know I am not much of a pic whore. Ill see if I can get pics while I am out at my storage this weekend.

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey n8 I was one of the people on this board that wouldn't mind sparring with you but I am fighting now at 160-168 and since I'm more focused now on school and the birth of my son I might refocus my attrntion to body building. I've tried one summer but couldn't finish because of boxing And a scheduled fight but I went from 154 to 185 and gained nearly no body fat just muscle. It does take a bunch of money and hard work because the food and supplements are not
cheap although I was only on amino acids and glutamine but I have a few tips I can share with you since we are in the same boat.

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
Hey n8 I was one of the people on this board that wouldn't mind sparring with you but I am fighting now at 160-168 and since I'm more focused now on school and the birth of my son I might refocus my attrntion to body building. I've tried one summer but couldn't finish because of boxing And a scheduled fight but I went from 154 to 185 and gained nearly no body fat just muscle. It does take a bunch of money and hard work because the food and supplements are not
cheap although I was only on amino acids and glutamine but I have a few tips I can share with you since we are in the same boat.

Yea I had asked about the possibility of bringin you in. And they said in no way will they allow a cruiser/heavy to spar with a super/middleweight. But thanks for the offer. I had to leave the heavy weight division to get to more competition in my area. But damn the youngsters in the cruiser div was fast as hell...lol.

Yea I am heading over this weekend to stock up on supps and stuff this weekend. So any advice/tips I would be willing to hear. This is also gonna be challenge because due to the injury my bench went from 405 to 275 and my military press from 225 to 185 (due to a change in grip). So I got some ground to make up.

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gets my yokes on daily, but no bodybuilding. I just like working out. I actually just got home an hour ago.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I been working out since december and lost 62 lbs.

If you want to do well in bodybuilding it has to be your lifestyle. Thats all there is to it.

It is EXPENSIVE. Growth, tess, decca, tons of protein.

Trust me there is only one division that the folks dont use illegit items in and that is in the all natural division. They are much much smaller too.

Just check out the failed atheletes and the banned substances, they are even trying to cheat the system in all natural bodybuilding.

http://www.naturalbodybuilding.com/

--------------------

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Danm I wouldve came and helped you out too I wouldve benefited both of us sparring. My tips for you is buy l-arginine take it once in the morning and preworkout, take amino acids in the morning and post workout, also glutamine in the morning and before bed. You should also buy a stout protein isolate powder i use optimum nutrition best protein in my opinion and tastes great. Also with your diet eat a 40/40/20 percentile 40 percent protein/40 percent carbs and 20 percent fats. Eat low sodium complex carbs amd keep foods with glutan to a minimum stick with oats not the instant ones and brown rice sweet potatoe is also good. Vegtablrs and fruits are also good source of carbs. Eat lean proteins such as chicken breast turkey breast tuna salmon ect... As far as the fats eat food like avacado, nuts, egg yolks, and healthy oils.

My diet plan is if you find it useful is:

1 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of egg white plus 1 egg yolk

2 slice of ezekial wheat bread low sodium
six ounces of chicken breast
lettuce tomatoe and mustard.

Preworkout
1 cup of brown rice
8oz of chicken breast
1 cup of vegtables
a handful of raisens and almonds.

postworkout
11/2 scoops of protein powder
1 cup of skim milk
1 bannana

before bed
1 scoop of casein protein

I hope this helps bud!

--------------------
03 Terminator

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey n8, i didnt know you were looking for sparing partners. i had a pretty good boxing record in the late 70s as a 190lb heavy weight this was before they had cruiser weight, now im beyond cruiser im a true heavy weight. i do a little power lifting now just for fun. never any real body building cus i like to eat and drink to much beer. but if your serious, the best thing you can do is find a good partner with the same goal. and youre guna have to spend alot less time on the computer cus typing takes up alot of time and burns very little calories
N8
¯
Member # 6048

See the diet thing is what confuses me. I am hearing more people doing well on the Keto diet which seems very close to the Atkins diet to me. As for it being a lifestyle I can adapt. For a second I was training almost like a real boxer..lol. People were like "and your not getting paid to do this?"

I dunno, I just want to challenge myself at something, I always have to have something out in front of me. Boxing was that challenge for a bit, but not being able to make a fist tight can make that hard. I just do not want to lose my athleticism. Cant stress that enough. I see some cats that look like they cant wipe they own ass...lol.

MikeD - Yea I love working out too, I am gonna do it with or without bodybuilding or boxing.

blackfifty - How many cals is that like like 1300? Brotha will wither away on that...lol.

unclebill - I think you would have to pass a physical and or have a docs release. Not knockin ya, but you sound like you may be up there in age. Again do not take that wrong.

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are no shortcuts when it comes to dieting in bodybuilding. I've done it, and I'm picking it up again...I have a few diet plans if you're interested as well as some trainers and workout routines. I think it's a great sport to get into and that you'd enjoy it from the diet to the gym it's fun.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by autumnstang97:
There are no shortcuts when it comes to dieting in bodybuilding. I've done it, and I'm picking it up again...I have a few diet plans if you're interested as well as some trainers and workout routines. I think it's a great sport to get into and that you'd enjoy it from the diet to the gym it's fun.

Yea hit me with a diet plan or 2. Like I said I am thinking on doing the Keto diet. but it seems kinda suspect.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

I have to say that one of the few pleasures in life is watching your body change to the positive.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
I have to say that one of the few pleasures in life is watching your body change to the positive.

You got that right. Plus as I get older my motto has been "grow better not old". Father time may get me eventually but I am gonna go kicking and screaming.

The most pleasant side effect was when I went to the doc for my hand. They took my vitals. I saw the nurse do a double take at the papers and ask "how old are you again". I told her 36 and she didnt believe me. I had the resting heart rate of a athletic 20 year old and abnormally low BP for someone of my demographic. Plus I do not look my age from the gate. Utlimately I just want to be in the best shape possible as long as I can, so I can be around for my kids and show what the effects of a positive lifestyle can be.
[patriot]

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Well that was my trim diet to shred the fat it's roughly around 2300 cals but my bulk up diet is completely different. You just need to find a diet you like I don't recommend the keto diet If you wanna get bigger and get your strength up you can also encounter health problems with carb depletion. I recommend going on bb.com forum and find a diet plan pm me if you need advice on bulk up diets personally my favorite. I also agree with turbo50 it's a lifestyle and takes as much effort as boxing

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
Well that was my trim diet to shred the fat it's roughly around 2300 cals but my bulk up diet is completely different. You just need to find a diet you like I don't recommend the keto diet If you wanna get bigger and get your strength up you can also encounter health problems with carb depletion. I recommend going on bb.com forum and find a diet plan pm me if you need advice on bulk up diets personally my favorite. I also agree with turbo50 it's a lifestyle and takes as much effort as boxing

Yea I am on BB.com already. But I find it hard to weed through the obnoxious bastards there when you post a question. Some stuff is helpful tho.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Goodluck!

--------------------
03 Terminator

93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 CHP  Ford pictures for 93 CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually bodybuild
Here is a pic from last season
 -

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
n8, thanks for your concern, im 53 and can still hold my own. good luck with your Quest

[ June 25, 2010, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: uncle bill ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by uncle bill:
n8, thanks for your concern, im 53 and can still hold my own. good luck with your Quest

I hope I can say that too when I am 53. Right on man. Glad you didnt take that as a diss

93 CHP give me some idea of what type of regimine you do if you do nto mind. I know you dont stay that way year round. Do you have a shred regimine? Also when dd you start and what weight class is that? Any supps you recommend?

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com