Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » arizona will not go without a fight lol (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: arizona will not go without a fight lol
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
...The specifically have part of the bill say they cannot racially stereotype, but people seem to not want to talk about this...

lol...that is smoke and mirrors.
Is it, or is that what you want to believe?
There is a science to what Arizona is suggesting. FBI, CIA and HSA type folks get training to observe characteristics and mannerisms of folks from another reason. They are essentially trusting cops whom have no training and are more than likely biased (because no sensitivity training or testing).

I admire what they are trying to do it is just misplaced and implemented wrong. And ultimately a state that is already a asshole of the US will become a festering sore.

and even they make mistakes, I believe fbi PROFILERS thought the NYC Time Square bomber would be a white Caucasian male mad over obama's health care bill.

The law itself doesnt target or mention any specific race or nationality,it targets ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.It just happens that the majority of Illegal Immigrants in Arizona are hispanic.

By that logic all Anti-Terrorism bills are racist, it targets terrorism in general. It just happens that the majority mainstream terrorists are of middle eastern/asian and russian descent.
They are, but the key is the personnel involved has the proper training. Thus a way to measure ones competency and a way to protect against litigation in the event a mistake is made. Plus a measure for accountability. Its a form of checks and balances when you have a process behind it. Not just tell a bunch of non-trained personnel to go out there and look for folks who are illegal based on whatever you dream up. Its a recipe for disaster and dissolution of responsibility. Like I said I like what they are doing, but taking the neanderthal approach is not wise.
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
...The specifically have part of the bill say they cannot racially stereotype, but people seem to not want to talk about this...

There is a science to what Arizona is suggesting. FBI, CIA and HSA type folks get training to observe characteristics and mannerisms of folks from another reason. They are essentially trusting cops whom have no training and are more than likely biased (because no sensitivity training or testing).

I admire what they are trying to do it is just misplaced and implemented wrong. And ultimately a state that is already a asshole of the US will become a festering sore.

and even they make mistakes, I believe fbi PROFILERS thought the NYC Time Square bomber would be a white Caucasian male mad over obama's health care bill.

The law itself doesnt target or mention any specific race or nationality,it targets ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.It just happens that the majority of Illegal Immigrants in Arizona are hispanic.

By that logic all Anti-Terrorism bills are racist, it targets terrorism in general. It just happens that the majority mainstream terrorists are of middle eastern/asian and russian descent.
what are you talking about? I simply pointed out that even trained professionals make mistakes.
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

n8 you are assumeing arizona cops have no senitivity training. if they do or they dont we can still assume they well be biased because the people of arizona are tired of this problem and you can be sure the law suites well overflow thier system. i like you also admire what they are doing, at least they are doing something! and i believe its right since all theyve done is adopt a 53 year old existing federal law because they have the balls to enforce it unlike the politically correct pricks who want to run our state. now for the issue of this thread, i dont think arizona should cut off the power, i think they should claim an economic hardship and at least triple the rates that well make more sence and get alot more attention

[ May 19, 2010, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: uncle bill ]

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hardship oh yeah I like that.....Now that would be funny....How bout all the folks in Sf today protesting Sf changing its safe haven deal where they dont report illegals unless its a felony... people arent even aware of what is happening right in our backyard. oh well good luck SF

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Arizona made it a state law that it is illegal to be here, if you are here illegaly. The only reason Arizona created this law is because the federal gov isn't cracking down and enforcing it's own law. It's a federal law and has been for many years. They don't report on the news the facts about how much crime and money is spent in Arizona and other states because of people being here illegaly.

Wish people would just look at it in black and white. It's the law. Federal and now state!

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just thought of an analogy.....

Weed=illegal= no taxes or revenue to state yet we spend money on drug enforcement. Money going out not coming in. Legalize it and make money on it.

Illegal Immigrants=no taxes or revenue to state (please dont say they work in farms and shit cuz they do butt hey still dont pay taxes neither do they when you hire them at home depot.) yet we spend money on their healthecare,crimes and law enforcement. Legalize them and make them pay what all of us pay.

Anyone agree with my analogy or am I way off?

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ don't think they should just become Americans without going through all the steps everyone else went or goes thru.

My family came here legit from Italy, why can't everyone else do the same. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
Just thought of an analogy.....

Weed=illegal= no taxes or revenue to state yet we spend money on drug enforcement. Money going out not coming in. Legalize it and make money on it.

Illegal Immigrants=no taxes or revenue to state (please dont say they work in farms and shit cuz they do butt hey still dont pay taxes neither do they when you hire them at home depot.) yet we spend money on their healthecare,crimes and law enforcement. Legalize them and make them pay what all of us pay.

Anyone agree with my analogy or am I way off?

I believe you are off to a good sized degree. But not on the weed part. Just like the prohibition years alcohol got us out of the depression, I think weed can do the same thing.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some people really believe that there is a racist society out to get their particular race. Sorry but that thinking is dying out with the original people that did that. The newer generation do not feel this way and the people who are racist are outcast and not typically part of main stream society. But what hasn't changed is that illegal still means not+legal. Enjoy the darkness LA!
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
^ don't think they should just become Americans without going through all the steps everyone else went or goes thru.

My family came here legit from Italy, why can't everyone else do the same. [patriot]

Its because you have to have some form of financial backing to live here. And you must document that you have several months of reserves or a sponser who has a decent savings to cover your ass while your trying to get established. What is amazing is there is a good percentage of mexicans, oops, illegal aliens that can survive and make a decent living for years. But there is another element that cannot support themselves and they become the drain of our society by either taking our services for free or becoming criminals. Remember 30% of the entire inmate population is illegally here.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Some people really believe that there is a racist society out to get their particular race. Sorry but that thinking is dying out with the original people that did that.....

You obviously never lived in the south. It is still alive and kickin in its rawest form. I think a lot of the problem is folks fail to look beyond their noses, which gives them the impression of some sort of eutopia where there are no ramification for rash decisions. Right is right, we all agree there. but there is also a right way to do right.
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The backlash against the AZ law isn't about protecting illegals, it's about protecting LEGAL residents from having to prove their residency at the whim of local police. Don't have your ID on you while you're out jogging? Well, have fun spending the day in jail while you try to prove your citizenship.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
The backlash against the AZ law isn't about protecting illegals, it's about protecting LEGAL residents from having to prove their residency at the whim of local police. Don't have your ID on you while you're out jogging? Well, have fun spending the day in jail while you try to prove your citizenship.

How is jogging gonna get the attention of the cops? The cops are not going to go door to door looking for illegal immigrants like ICE does.

You think the cops want to stop every single person and check their ID? If you do, dont be so naive.

If you attract the cops by doing something stupid and you are acting shady, then ya your going to get asked for ID.

This bill will only affect people who attract the attention of the cops.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

you my friend have no clue what your talking about

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

I in no way meant citizenship should be freely given out nor did I mean weed should be leagalized without recourse. Just making an analogy for all the smart folks on here that illegal imigrants dont contribute to the fund $$$ that they draw from making me and every other tax paying citizen their sponsor. Not cool.

--------------------

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
I in no way meant citizenship should be freely given out nor did I mean weed should be leagalized without recourse. Just making an analogy for all the smart folks on here that illegal imigrants dont contribute to the fund $$$ that they draw from making me and every other tax paying citizen their sponsor. Not cool.

They should have the aid cut off. Why encourage breaking the law?

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:

Sure you were just jogging, you were probably trying to get into the country illegally. So while your dumbass waits in jail for someone to drop off your ID, then you might think twice about running around without ID.
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Also this is going to sound cold but anyone else ever feel like fuck it "not my fault you were born in a shit land, stay there and try and fix it instead of adding to my countries problems?"
I know this isnt the common thought or at least spoken opinion but I guess I do feel some sort of entitlement but it was my grandparents who came and went through all the shitty ass processes to be an american citizen so their (great grandchildren) me could have a better life -hence my entitlement feeling?

--------------------

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

quote:

try memorizing your dl# works everytime I am caught without it. and Ive never spent a day in jail...oh wait I am a legal citizen. shit who woulda thunk it!

--------------------

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by r1:
quote:

try memorizing your dl# works everytime I am caught without it. and Ive never spent a day in jail...oh wait I am a legal citizen. shit who woulda thunk it!
Ive had mine memorized since the week after I got it...12 years ago.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

351SVO
¯
Member # 9473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351SVO  Ford pictures for 351SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
quote:

Damn dude that's fucking awesome someone should give you a prize like a cookie or something.
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by 351SVO:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
quote:

Damn dude that's fucking awesome someone should give you a prize like a cookie or something.
Im down for a cookie

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
give me one too because I know mine

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

I know beggers cant be choosers...

but please make mine a Snickerdoodle.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

351SVO
¯
Member # 9473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351SVO  Ford pictures for 351SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright but they are made from illegals from Arizona just thought I'd warn u first [patriot]

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com